So your gunshot incapacitated the perp, now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Okay I am catching on now. If by chance you ever have to defend yourself, be ready for a big shock. Not everyone dies. I am not trying to make lite of this and not trying to tick you off. I've seen dozens of shooting where the person lives. We had a person go postal at a plastics company years ago and was shot nine times before he went down. He is still in jail. I saw an woman pull a knife on an officer and was shot point blank by a .357. She stopped, threw the knife down and said I give up. Several years ago another guy was shot in the head with an AR. He is still around.

If you are a good shot and under stress you double tap and it is effective, great. Mind you, I am not advocating or say I want to kill a person while defending myself. I don't want that. I want to stop the threat or defend myself.
    I am not allowed to use "Double Taps", I can however use "Controlled Pairs"... :dunno:

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    Okay I am catching on now. If by chance you ever have to defend yourself, be ready for a big shock. Not everyone dies. I am not trying to make lite of this and not trying to tick you off. I've seen dozens of shooting where the person lives. We had a person go postal at a plastics company years ago and was shot nine times before he went down. He is still in jail. I saw an woman pull a knife on an officer and was shot point blank by a .357. She stopped, threw the knife down and said I give up. Several years ago another guy was shot in the head with an AR. He is still around.

If you are a good shot and under stress you double tap and it is effective, great. Mind you, I am not advocating or say I want to kill a person while defending myself. I don't want that. I want to stop the threat or defend myself.
    That's why I carry 2 mags. I'll be honest, I don't believe in just a few shots for self defense. If I have to use my gun I'm turning into a scared little b***h and dumping the mag.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    That's why I carry 2 mags. I'll be honest, I don't believe in just a few shots for self defense. If I have to use my gun I'm turning into a scared little b***h and dumping the mag.

With respect to your quote at the bottom, I am far from being a domestic terrorist.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    good debate here... thanks for all the input
    I gave a good rep for armidindy. He sumed it up pretty good. The whole idea is to be safe. If you have just stopped an attacker, this can be a very serious moment for you. You will get "tunnel vision" and forget everything around you. If the person is still kicking, go to his blind spot and give some verbal (loud ) commands. He will have trouble hearing you and any bystanders can be good witnesses on the commands you gave. Call 911 and wait for help. Stay at a comfortable distance and remember he can have a friend, scan.

The whole idea is to stop the threat. Anything beyond that is not smart. If you have fired several rounds and can do a speed load, do so and top off. Your safety is the most important thing. When calling the police, give a good description of yourself and tell them you are armed. When they arrive, they will probably tell you to put the weapon down untill they can sort things out. Listen to them.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    You less apt to catch a Blood Borne Disease, than you are to catch a variety of diseases just by visiting a Congested Public Place...

I agree but anytime we come in contact with blood we still have to go through the motions of getting tested for things you might have picked up. It sure doesn't hurt for every health worker gets their Hep B vacanations. And, they don't always take, you might need a booster.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That sounds rather specifically aimed to me.

All LEOs, really? :dunno:

Maybe what he meant was "all LEO, at some point in their career..." and it's possible that person will have that issue during your interaction with them. but who knows. We're all fallible (except doctors)

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    On a more serious note...

Those of you have stated that you would back off and await for the Police and Medics to arrive, often with the understanding that it will be 10+ minutes before they arrive, how are you going to deal with a person laying there bleeding out and making a lot of noise?!

With a guilt free conscience and zero remorse, as I scan the area to make sure that no further threat is present. If I'm pulling the trigger it's not because I made a choice to possibly kills someone that day, but because they made a choice to possible die that day. Their cries and moans are nothing but a byproduct of a premeditated decision which ended with the ever present bad outcome, as well as bad shot placement on my part. Any time a BG poses a threat to another person it should be thought of as sky diving, there is always that risk that they're gonna hit the ground, but they leap anyway.:twocents:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I stand by what I said. If you guys want to get upset over the truth that's your choice.

I was pointing out the conflict of your reply.

If you're going to paint with the big brush and refer to every member of a profession like that, why even claim that you aren't aiming it at every one of them specifically?

Top Bottom