• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I was born and raised on the prodominently German based Westside of Evansville Indiana. I'm just going with what I witnessed growing up with all those Ale lovin Germans. A few even brewed their own and made wine as well. God love those old German families I knew growing up, damn Gerry's lol I say that with alot of fun loving respect too so don't rile up on me for it. :D

Back before refrigeration, all beer was warm. It's the preservatives that give it the bite when warm. Europeans drink beer at about cellar temp, warmer, but not warm.

Check out the beer myths vid on Howstuffworks.com. They have a tv show now too, wow. HowStuffWorks "How Beer Works"

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    It's cool, us Germans won't take TOO much offense to it. :)

For the record, I have drank some OUTSTANDING homebrews warm, that taste like crap when cold. I swear it's the preservatives that makes you gag!

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Wow, can't believe I didn't notice this thread sooner! I'm a HUGE beer geek, beer is tied with guns and cars in my "hobbies" (otherwise known as my obsessions constantly threatening to push me into debt!). I'm drinking a Bell's HopSlam ale right now typing this. I've got a few really rare microbrews sitting in the fridge from right here in IN and the immediate Midwest.

Glad to see that I share some similar beer interests/favorites with a few of you. :yesway:

BeerAdvocate - Respect Beer.

I've been a member there nearly 3 years, tasting and reviewing beer. I used to spend more time on there, before I found INGO. B.A. is a Great resource for the novice or the expert.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow, can't believe I didn't notice this thread sooner! I'm a HUGE beer geek, beer is tied with guns and cars in my "hobbies" (otherwise known as my obsessions constantly threatening to push me into debt!). I'm drinking a Bell's HopSlam ale right now typing this. I've got a few really rare microbrews sitting in the fridge from right here in IN and the immediate Midwest.

Glad to see that I share some similar beer interests/favorites with a few of you. :yesway:

BeerAdvocate - Respect Beer.

I've been a member there nearly 3 years, tasting and reviewing beer. I used to spend more time on there, before I found INGO. B.A. is a Great resource for the novice or the expert.

Bell's is my favorite brewery...I can never find HopSlam around here.

Is that the one with the light green label or pink label...I can't think of the name of it, but I can't find the other one either.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Bell's is my favorite brewery...I can never find HopSlam around here.

Is that the one with the light green label or pink label...I can't think of the name of it, but I can't find the other one either.

Hopslam is the one with the light green label

Hell Hath No Fury is the one with the pink label I think you're thinking of.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hopslam is the one with the light green label

Hell Hath No Fury is the one with the pink label I think you're thinking of.

^^^That'd be it. That one is pretty tasty too...Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had a bad beer from there.

I could almost say that about Sam Adams, if they didn't have Cherry Wheat or Black.

I mention Sam Adams, but Bells is clearly on another level of beer brewing capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Leinenkugel Creamy Dark, good stuff.

CreamyDark-bottle-pour.jpg

Top Bottom