• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Beer is the reason I lost all of my guns in a boating accident!

My favorite Summer beer is Stella Artois. Other than that, I like medium bodied micro brews.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    if you want a impressive selection of beer go to sahara mart in bloomington they have over 400 beers and ales from all over the world! and just as many wines and sake. and as far as being a beer snob, I guess I'm the ultimate. there is no beer good enough for me to drink, I stick with fine aged rums.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    if you want a impressive selection of beer go to sahara mart in bloomington they have over 400 beers and ales from all over the world! and just as many wines and sake. and as far as being a beer snob, I guess I'm the ultimate. there is no beer good enough for me to drink, I stick with fine aged rums.

I probably have you beat having sampled over 80 different single malt scotches. One of the finest a 40 year old Laphroig you probably won't find on this side of the pond.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Anytime I make my way into BW3's I have to have a tall Shiner Bock with my wings. Amber Bock got me started on darks. Going to a b-day party Saturday night but am uncertain on what I'll buy. There will most likely be lite beer at the party. Thanks to this thread now I'll be searching for some of the others mentioned here to try.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Well yes, I will assist in resurrecting this dead thread.

I love porters. And stouts. And IPAs.

Favorites? Bells Kalamazoo stout and Two Hearted Ale. Upland's Bad Elmer's Porter (I like their Wheat too, but wheats aren't my favorite). I must say I do enjoy me a Guinness as well.

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't liked beer for all too long. Too many stupid drinking games when I was 18ish, with ****** beer. The first time I had my first good quality beer, it was kinda like a punch in the face. Wow... beer is... good.

Having said all that, PBR will always hold a special place in my heart.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I like PBR, but I have been hooked on Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. Awesome cold! Coriander and Orange, but not sweet and not bitter. Pure bliss.

When I was in Japan, I used to drink stuff called Orion. I can barely find it in this country. I literally had bottles of Orion strung around my old apartment in Nihama Harbor over there. I would wake up Saturday morning after a night with friends, walk around looking for one still filled and have some hair of the dog that bit me. Great stuff, comes in HUGE bottles and tastes and little bit smoother than other Japanese beers like Kirin and such.

If anyone can find this beer, Orion, from Japan in Indiana (I have found it in Ohio), there WILL be a finder's fee! I assure you, commission will be paid if you find this and give me a location I can get it! :D

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I just started making my own beer. My first batch was a north rim wheat and it came out AMAZING. I am officially hooked now. It was really fun and the results were really rewarding :)

Next up, something DARRRRK :)

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I usually like craft/micro brews. Something that actually has flavor.

Bells Two Hearted
    Dark Horse Crooked Tree
    IPA's
    Three Floyd's Alpha King...hey, their made in the next town from me.
    Too many to mention.

My homebrews have been turning out great. Right now I have a German Dunkel, IPA, Pilsner and I'm gonna brew a Maibock within the next few days. The guy who got me started is pissed cuz it's been turning out better than his. :): Plus I no longer save bottles for him.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    I don't know how I missed this thread!

Guinness
    Oaken Barrel (Greenwood) - Snake Pit Porter
    Ram Brewery - Disorder Porter and Java Stout
    Goose Island - Nut Brown and Oatmeal Stout
    Barley Island - Oatmeal Stout
    Bells dark stuff is good too - I just can't remember the name of it, Oberon Ale maybe?

Pretty much any porter or stout will do. But good ole Guiness is my go to beer. Anything lighter is for pansies!

PS did you know Guinness is classified as a "light" beer as it only as 124 calories! Yea no beer gut - oops too late.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I'll drink New Castle and any Yuengling beer any day, all day.

Speaking of that, I'm going to Camp Perry either Friday or Monday, and I'm going as far as I have to to get a few cases of Yuengling Lager and maybe a random other. Yuengling or bust.:rockwoot:

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    When I did drink, I was a Grolsch or Hacker Pschorr kinda guy. When drinking to get drunk, usually Heineken or Keystone Light (drinking games). But no booze for over a year now. Have one for me!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    While I can easily choke down Busch light if I am drinking cheap bourbon with it, I am quite familiar w/ many, many good beers.

Quick Liquor on N. Green River Road and University Liquor on the West side of Evansville both have huge, fantastic selections and I've tried almost all of them at one point or another.

One spring break while I was in college, instead of taking a trip and blowing money, I played online poker and made over $10,000 on my week off and a nice little slice of that money went to Quick Liquor and University Liquor.

I love almost everything except really wheaty beers (mainly Belgian beer). It puts a weird funk on my tongue and roof of my mouth that I don't care for. American wheat ales (like Blue Moon and such) are fine.

I love pretty much all Double/Dopple Bocks. My all time favorite was Bell's Consecrator, and those bastards only made it for a short time (probably why it was my favorite).

Stouts are probably my favorite type w/ Bell's Kalamazoo Stout being the front runner (Bell's is my favorite brewery).

Ales? Yum yum, Arrogant Bastard is my favorite ale as well as my second favorite beer of all time, behind, you guessed it (ok no you didn't) Bell's 7000 Ale. It was ~19-20.00 a 6 pack and it was like a little taste of heaven. It was also just for a short amount of time, but I had about 2 cases of it while it lasted.

All porters = win.

Old Rasputin has a similar bite like Arrogant Bastard without all of the extra
    flavors. IMO it is a no nonsense beer that I think all beer should taste like.

A lot of stuff from Stone Brewery is OK, but a lot of it is over-priced and it sucks.

Smithwicks is yummy.

I thought Boddingtons was absolutely disgusting.

Guinness sucks unless it is in a black and tan (w/ Bass) or a black and blue (Blue Moon).

Delirium Tremens is up there w/ my favorites, but the price is outrageous.

Everything made by Sammy Smith and Samuel Adams (excluding Cherry Wheat) is gold.
    I've had at least a six pack of all of them and they are all great. Sammy Smiths Taddy Porter and Sam Adams Double Bock are my favorites from those companies.

OK, I keep rambling on, but the moral of the story is I pretty much love everything except for beers from Belgium.:cool:

Sorry for the novel, I love beer.

Top Bottom