• ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The one you keep demanding to keep your monopoly, as you put it:

You can't spin your way out of this one, because you say exactly what law(s) you want later on-

You want government men with guns to to keep your happy little monopoly in place, as you put it, it's very simple:
    See, there you have it, keep the protectionist laws in place. F the free markets. F the people. You get yours and no one else can play because you've got your licenses locked up.

Your solutions, as quoted above, limits outlets under protectionist laws to keep retailers at a minimum.

Only in your bizzaro statist world does less sellers equal more competition.

When you can comprehend what I'm saying beyond a 2nd grade level, and read correctly what I'm saying, then I will respond to your reply's.

And here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
    Less outlets='s less competition=higher prices.
    Only in your bizzaro statist world does less sellers equal more competition.

My reply was above was to a member stating let the liquor stores go out of business if they want to keep their prices high (which warm beer prices all over are fairly evenly priced for both liquor stores and grocery stores).

The less outlet's that there are, means less competition, less competition equals higher prices.

Try that working concept above, go the middle of BFE and try and buy something at the same price that has competition around it. NAtural selection plays itself out.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indiana Retail Liquor Store have long fought to have the law changed so they may sell other items, but you never see or hear that.

Do you have a link to any legislation? Even proposed legislation? An outline of what the package stores want? Anything? What other items will liquor stores be expanding into with this new legislation? Coke? Thats it right?

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Sorry, this information is wrong, like a lot of things being spewed.

On premise sales are allowed in Indiana for consumption in resturants & Sporting venues, local wineries and breweries.

If there was a blanket ban, there would be no sales period.

We have already established that you can buy a beer at the Colts game or wine from a winery (only a case of beer, don't know how many bottles of wine). Notice the chart has two columns. Right next to the On Premise Sales column is a column titled Off Premise. You have to read all of the words on the page. Had you read all of the words on the page, you will see that it states IN allows brewery/winery sales. This isn't new information. When Connecticut updated their law last year the tagline to every article was only Indiana remains. And please, the brewery argument is weak. That facilitates what percentage of the population? Sure you can buy beer in Indiana on Sunday...you just have to find a brewer that is open and not hours away.

Again..

Do you have a link to any legislation? Even proposed legislation? An outline of what the package stores want? Anything? What other items will liquor stores be expanding into with this new legislation? Coke? Thats it right?

How did GS/DS/CS manage to reach a deal in 49/50 states? Why aren't they proposing the same thing in the only remaining state?

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Money talks and BS walks. Votes are easy to buy. Politicians are the same in all forms be it local, county, state or Federal.

Wal-Mart and Kroger are the two largest grocery store chains in America.
    So I guess it's not how much money you throw around.

Have someone bring up legislation that makes everyone follow the same laws, and then everyone is a happy camper.

But it won't happen unless Grocery stores concede that they get off really cheap on licensing requirements and costs incurred for staff training and licensing and a whole plethora of other items.

Like I said, encourage some one to sponsor a bill that lifts sales restrictions on Liquor stores and enforce some of the requirements they are burdened with upon Grocery stores and there should be no problem.

Notice I said there "should be no problem", but you'll hear GS/CS/ and DS's saying that it is not fair and do not want it to happen.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My wife was in Cinci this morning and stopped into Jungle Jim's on the way back. She stocked up on her favourite beers while there and Indiana didn't get a penny of revenue. Supporters of the ban on Sunday sales in Indiana are just rent seekers. Ohio won our dollars today. Indiana lost.

gearheadwilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    We should let the old times go and live like it's 2013 what could be wrong with bought beer on Sunday? Probably reduce the number of D U I arrests on Sundays when the drunks all travel to neighbor states to buy there booze.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

How did GS/DS/CS manage to reach a deal in 49/50 states? Why aren't they proposing the same thing in the only remaining state?

No I don't

Liquor stores all ready sell Coke, Pepsi and other soft drinks, they can not sell it cold. the IABC considers this a opportunity to be used as a mixer with alcohol and entice am under age minor to enter the store. The same reason why they can't sell candy bars.

Unlike a grocery store who can sell cold soft drinks along with liquor, candy bars and other items, plus under age minors are allowed to parade right down the aisles, heck a minor is not even allowed to be carried into a liquor store according to the letter of the law.

The above is just a little bit of the nonsense that Liquor stores want as "what's fair for one, should be fair for the other" revision in the laws.

Some how all you folks think that the discussion of equalization has never been brought up before. It has, but grocery stores don't want it.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Looking at SB 13...

Removes commodity restrictions.
    Everyone buys the same permit, none if you hold one already.
    Lifts restrictions on under 21 being allowed in the store.

Hmmmm....why do the package stores oppose this again? The only conclusion is rent seeking. Using government to stifle your competition and protect your private investment.

Introduced Version, Senate Bill 0013

Synopsis: Alcoholic beverages. Creates a supplemental dealer's permit. Provides that a supplemental dealer's permit may be issued only to a holder of a beer, wine, or liquor dealer's permit. Allows the holder of a supplemental dealer's permit to sell alcoholic beverages for carryout on Sunday. Establishes fees for a supplemental dealer's permit. Requires the fees to be deposited in the enforcement and administration fund of the alcohol and tobacco commission. Allows the holder of a package liquor store permit, farm winery permit, or microbrewery permit to sell carryout alcoholic beverages on Sunday without a supplemental dealer's permit. Allows a minor to be on the licensed premises of a package liquor store if the minor is accompanied by the minor's parent or guardian who is at least 21 years of age. Eliminates residency requirements for alcoholic beverage dealers. Repeals a provision that limits the commodities that a package liquor store may sell. Makes conforming amendments.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    No I don't

Liquor stores all ready sell Coke, Pepsi and other soft drinks, they can not sell it cold. the IABC considers this a opportunity to be used as a mixer with alcohol and entice am under age minor to enter the store. The same reason why they can't sell candy bars.

Unlike a grocery store who can sell cold soft drinks along with liquor, candy bars and other items, plus under age minors are allowed to parade right down the aisles, heck a minor is not even allowed to be carried into a liquor store according to the letter of the law.

The above is just a little bit of the nonsense that Liquor stores want as "what's fair for one, should be fair for the other" revision in the laws.

Some how all you folks think that the discussion of equalization has never been brought up before. It has, but grocery stores don't want it.

SB 13 solved all of those problems. Those talking points no longer work.

Why do you oppose SB 13?

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    This has never bothered me. It's not like I'm always running out of booze in the house! If I did, and I had to have a drink, I'd just go out to eat. But that may just be me? :D

Top Bottom