• ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Beer man,

Can you come up with one single reason of why Sunday sales shouldn't be made legal that isn't predicated upon bogus monopoly laws and protectionism enforced over the barrel of a government gun?

It's painfully obvious you hate the free markets. Repealing this law would be a step in removing those impediments and tearing down the monopoly on alcohol sales.

You know you could find another job if you couldn't compete in alcohol sales anymore right?

Ya, guess you did not see where I said everyone play by the same set of rules.

Is that too simple for you to understand? Alcohol is a controlled product, there will always be rules to adhere too when you want to sell it, just make it so that everyone has to adhere to the same rules and laws.

Don't just repeal and give one retailer an advantage, do it all @ once. Sweeping rule changes that creates one style of carryout retail license and everyone has to adhere to it.

Then why aren't the liquor stores trying to repeal the idiotic requirements placed upon them instead of trying to restrict other people...

From what I understand this has been tried numerous times, just never got anywhere.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    This is just one more example of a fairly powerful lobby limiting competition through political contributions and clout. It is a silly law and should have been repealed years ago. It may benefit Liquor stores somehow (still not sure how the economics of that plays out bu OK) and it creates a Black Market (Bootlegging) for those who go out on Saturday night and stock up to sell to their less intelligent brethren on Sunday.

I have a really nice liquor store close to my house and I really like the guy that runs it. But I don't like him so much that I am willing to pay him 15-20% more than Marsh or CVS so I do business with him on a very infrequent basis.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ya, guess you did not see where I said everyone play by the same set of rules.

Is that too simple for you to understand? Alcohol is a controlled product, there will always be rules to adhere too when you want to sell it, just make it so that everyone has to adhere to the same rules and laws.

Don't just repeal and give one retailer an advantage, do it all @ once. Sweeping rule changes that creates one style of carryout retail license and everyone has to adhere to it.

From what I understand this has been tried numerous times, just never got anywhere.

You are right. Liquor stores already have to operate with different rules now, they must card every single person that comes thru the line. Walmart, corner groceries, drugstores and convenience stores only have to card someone if they look under 40 years of age.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Lets be clear, the .gov is not looking out for liquor stores, they are looking out for Walmart, CVS, Speedway, and every other big business. If package stores were under some kind of so called "protected status", they would be allowed to play by the same set of rules, instead the .gov does everything they can to make it harder for them to do business

Supporting Sunday sales without the repeal of any other laws is simply going along with what Walmart and Kroger paid you to buy into

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Assuming the statist lies being parroted here were true, I have two words:
    Unintended. Consequences.

Sucks when those protectionist, nanny state laws start circling back on you.

Too bad the liquor store owners of days past weren't thinking about the generations down the road as they were eliminating competition at government gun point as opposed to providing superior products at reasonable prices and good service.

Again, not a single person can come up with one single legitimate reason.

It is shocking to see such blatantly statist and anti-capitalist posts on a conservative forum.

liberty and freedom... Google it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lets be clear, the .gov is not looking out for liquor stores, they are looking out for Walmart, CVS, Speedway, and every other big business. If package stores were under some kind of so called "protected status", they would be allowed to play by the same set of rules, instead the .gov does everything they can to make it harder for them to do business

Supporting Sunday sales without the repeal of any other laws is simply going along with what Walmart and Kroger paid you to buy into

Meanwhile every Wal-Mart and Kroger will fight tooth and nail to keep the legislation that limits every liquor store in place until they are able to sell liquor as they please. Again, pushing to limit competition then turning around and whining about the government limitations on your own business gives you* no sympathy from me.

*you not being any particular poster, but rather the liquor store/Wal-Marts and Krogers of the world.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Hey, with Sunday sales banned, the local liquor store can get a day off without fear of losing sales to someone else.

For me it doesn't matter one way or another. But then I live on 15 miles from IL can make a run if needed although rather keep my tax money in our state.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    My :twocents:.

The law to not sale on Sunday came many years ago.

The law was meant to get drunks sober enough to attend church on Sunday with the family.

If your not wealthy enough to buy your Sunday supply on Saturday, then you should not be buying it in the first place.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My :twocents:.

The law to not sale on Sunday came many years ago.

The law was meant to get drunks sober enough to attend church on Sunday with the family.

If your not wealthy enough to buy your Sunday supply on Saturday, then you should not be buying it in the first place.

Again, nanny state and elitist rationale.

The Anti freedom, anti liberty tirades continue.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County

Yes those organizations are all guilty and if the government is supporting them then they are guilty too.

Guilty of providing the same products and services to the public for less money - what villains all. Laughable.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

What did 49 other states do to address your "problem". Perhaps, when 49/50 people pass the test and you fail, the problem isn't the test.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011

Really??? They compete under these rules the other six days a week. Why should Sunday be any different?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Really??? They compete under these rules the other six days a week. Why should Sunday be any different?

The rules for liquor store and stores like Walmart are different during those other 6 days as well.

Liquor stores can sell cold beer and cold wine, other stores cannot.

Liquor stores must card every person coming through the line Walmart and other stores do not have to card every one.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Assuming the statist lies being parroted here were true, I have two words:
    Unintended. Consequences.

Sucks when those protectionist, nanny state laws start circling back on you.

Too bad the liquor store owners of days past weren't thinking about the generations down the road as they were eliminating competition at government gun point as opposed to providing superior products at reasonable prices and good service.

Again, not a single person can come up with one single legitimate reason.

It is shocking to see such blatantly statist and anti-capitalist posts on a conservative forum.

liberty and freedom... Google it.

One law that everyone has to adhere the same to.

If that's not a legitimate reason, I want to know what one is.

I'm tired of your spouting BS, if you are so hell bent on this, then why isn't your crybaby butt and others lobbying for a bill that creates equal footing for both the liquor stores and GS/CS/DS's?

Then you could drag your crying sorry "This little Piggy went to the Market" and buy your beer on Sundays.

Liquor stores are not crying about sales on Sundays, their crying about them having to adhere to a different set of laws that GS/CS/DS do not have to.

Create that level playing field so they all have to play by the same laws, that is what the real biotch is about.

GS/DS/CS's want their cake and eat it too and not have to follow the same laws, but they want no part of having to go down that path because it creates a whole new paradox that they have to adhere to.

Now, Liquor stores have NEVER eliminated competition, there are now more establishments selling alcohol then there has EVER been, and it continues to grow on a daily basis. If you think this is true that they eliminate competition, then you are living in a true fantasy world, because there would be no new licenses released.

Free enterprise is working, it's just Kroger, Miejer, CVS and the others don't want to be burdened with having the same restrictions placed on them such as individual/corporate licensing requirements, training and everything else.

Now here's a little know fact.....

You can buy beer and alcohol on a Sunday in a Liquor store, Grocery Store, Drug Store and Convenience Store.

Between the hours of 12am till 2am

So right now if anyone has a craving, or a jonesing that needs fulfilled and fixed, stroll right in Sunday morning @ your local store and buy your case.:D

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    How did GS/DS/CS manage to reach a deal in 49/50 states? Why aren't they proposing the same thing in the only remaining state?

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    We used to live in Highland. Every once in a while I would drive by the liquor store on Ridge road in Lansing Illinois. People we waiting in line for it to open at noon on a Sunday. Most of them from Indiana.

Are you kidding me, a good alcoholic plans ahead. I never let my supply get lower than 2-3 cases.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    One law that everyone has to adhere the same to.

If that's not a legitimate reason, I want to know what one is.

I'm tired of your spouting BS, if you are so hell bent on this, then why isn't your crybaby butt and others lobbying for a bill that creates equal footing for both the liquor stores and GS/CS/DS's?

Then you could drag your crying sorry "This little Piggy went to the Market" and buy your beer on Sundays.

Liquor stores are not crying about sales on Sundays, their crying about them having to adhere to a different set of laws that GS/CS/DS do not have to.

Create that level playing field so they all have to play by the same laws, that is what the real biotch is about.

GS/DS/CS's want their cake and eat it too and not have to follow the same laws, but they want no part of having to go down that path because it creates a whole new paradox that they have to adhere to.

Now, Liquor stores have NEVER eliminated competition, there are now more establishments selling alcohol then there has EVER been, and it continues to grow on a daily basis. If you think this is true that they eliminate competition, then you are living in a true fantasy world, because there would be no new licenses released.

Free enterprise is working, it's just Kroger, Miejer, CVS and the others don't want to be burdened with having the same restrictions placed on them such as individual/corporate licensing requirements, training and everything else.

Now here's a little know fact.....

You can buy beer and alcohol on a Sunday in a Liquor store, Grocery Store, Drug Store and Convenience Store.

Between the hours of 12am till 2am

So right now if anyone has a craving, or a jonesing that needs fulfilled and fixed, stroll right in Sunday morning @ your local store and buy your case.:D

What percentage of the liquor store lobbying dollars are being spent fighting to maintain the status quor or more protectionism for themselves vs ending all protectionism?

Maybe if we can get enough people to boycott the liquor stores, they'll quit fighting to allow Sunday alcohol sales. I'm for ending all regulations on it for all parties involved.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    What i dont understand is why they dont just jack up their prices on sundays? 7 bucks a beer at a colts game is insane, they could sell a 30 bomb for double what they charge monday through saturday, something else is going on, why would any business NOT want to be open for business? That just sounds really stupid. there have been times i would have paid extra for some booze on sunday instead of having to go to a bar! i mean, i've heard other people would pay extra, yeah thats what i mean...!!

Top Bottom