So I'm just sitting in a ditch, contemplating life.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate crap crap.

Crap crap sucks.
    My son runs a recovery rig for a big outfit. He has been doing 14/16 hr. days and it is not letting up. Says he gets chewed out on most of his responses for it taking too long. He is often side tracked from private tows to contract work (by contract agreement) or ISP calls that take precedent over everything else.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    OP, too bad you're so far south of me... I'd come pull you out. I've pulled out close to a dozen vehicles since new years. Of course, I ended up in one myself once... right after I had pulled out my 3rd car on I-65 South... and nobody stopped to help. Guess I was going too fast when I hit a patch of ice. Three hrs and $165 later I was winched out. I drive a lifted Super Duty 4x4 with front and rear lockers, but it couldn't get me out of that ditch in a headlight high drift. I'm just grateful in went into the ditch, and not those cable barriers.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I wasn't doing ballet on the wintery sidewalk...in fact, I was being cautious... but I still fell.
    Sometimes **** just happens.

I fell probably 2 1/2 weeks ago but I WAS trying to pirouette, at least it probably looked like it while I was on my way down. Lesson learned, no more keys in the back pocket while walking out to the truck. Key fob and truck key shaped bruise on my more attractive side. I was within a couple inches of smacking the back of my head/neck on the trailer hitch. That would have really sucked. I'm just glad the roads were clear today.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    OP I can't believe a good samaritan in a truck didn't pull you out!! I hate what the world is coming too!!

I have pulled 9 people out so far this winter and all of them without payment except an old guy who after 5 minutes of insisting I finally took it.

I have a big Super Duty with a plow on it and I am happy to help someone out as long as I am not getting my truck into trouble. I Keep a towstrap and 2 shovels in the back of my truck all winter.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OP I can't believe a good samaritan in a truck didn't pull you out!! I hate what the world is coming too!!

I have pulled 9 people out so far this winter and all of them without payment except an old guy who after 5 minutes of insisting I finally took it.

I have a big Super Duty with a plow on it and I am happy to help someone out as long as I am not getting my truck into trouble. I Keep a towstrap and 2 shovels in the back of my truck all winter.

A lot of people stopped and checked to see if I was OK, lot asking if I needed a phone or a ride.

A couple trucks offered, but at the time, I just had to say that a wrecker was on the way (I believed one was on the way...) I wish I'd let someone help, if I'd known both wreckers would cancel on me.

Being stuck in a ditch allows you to meet a lot of nice people.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    A lot of people stopped and checked to see if I was OK, lot asking if I needed a phone or a ride.

A couple trucks offered, but at the time, I just had to say that a wrecker was on the way (I believed one was on the way...) I wish I'd let someone help, if I'd known both wreckers would cancel on me.

Being stuck in a ditch allows you to meet a lot of nice people.

Yep, because the ass holes won't stop.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I've only been stuck once abuot 5 years ago, and it was almost two hours before a good Samaritan pulled me out.

I was waiting for two hours for the tow truck that never did arrive so I'm glad he finally got me out. I was in a company car, and drove to a clients house and down the driveway with no issues at all, and did not foresee issues getting out or I'd have walked. While I'm working there there parents send the kids out to plow the drive so it will be better. I getting ready to leave a couple of hours later and the kids come and and say they think they made it worse. Yep, way, way worse when I looked out. I made it halfway out before the car sank to the fame in snow. They tried to pull me out with a couple of 4x4s but got nowhere besides they broke my bumper. Guy stopped and tried in his big truck to get me out and failed, he then want and got his dad, and they connected to each other, then me and pulled me the rest of the way out. I was very grateful as I had no desire to spend the night and I did not get out until 8pm or so. :) Bumper was no big deal as it was a company car so it did not bug me, I just had to drop it off at a shop and get a free rental lol.

PS - I also agree coconut is pure evil, destroying perfectly good food at every turn. I can taste the most minute amount of it too. ..shudder... The only kind I've ever eaten and enjoyed, maybe even loved, was a Zagnut bar. Those are great! All other coconut is evil and I'd quickly die on a deserted island I'm sure.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    PS - I also agree coconut is pure evil, destroying perfectly good food at every turn. I can taste the most minute amount of it too. ..shudder... The only kind I've ever eaten and enjoyed, maybe even loved, was a Zagnut bar. Those are great! All other coconut is evil and I'd quickly die on a deserted island I'm sure.
    I only ever liked it right out of the shell...
    anything "shredded" or "candied" or coated with anything = Grody.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I have AAA. I had a blowout on I-74 just east of the new Brownsburg exit. The weather was fine. When the guy got there, I had to help him. He didn't know how to lower a spare on a Chevy pickup truck.

Why did I pay if I had to help???!!!

At least you were able to get yours down. I cut a tire the other day in a big pothole and couldn't get the spare to lower. Had to have it towed to Andy Mohr in Plainfield and they couldn't get it down either. They finally cut it off with a torch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At least you were able to get yours down. I cut a tire the other day in a big pothole and couldn't get the spare to lower. Had to have it towed to Andy Mohr in Plainfield and they couldn't get it down either. They finally cut it off with a torch.

I had to torch the cable on my spare as well.......now I have no spare on board. No way i am leaving a good tire in the bed of the truck. Just put new shoes on it so I hope we are good.

Top Bottom