So I'm just sitting in a ditch, contemplating life.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Happy you are out and unhurt. How about the vehicle?

No damage, just got stuck. Didn't hit anything.

Dude, it's winter. It's slick. You are the gozillionth person stuck in a ditch this morning. Even from a police standpoint it's taking wreckers 2-3 hours to pull folks out if we call them. It's not State Farm's fault.

It's not even that, I understand there might be an elevated level of slide-offs... but telling me at 8:30 one is on the way... then it's cancelled an hour later... then another is on the way an hour later... then it cancelled an hour later... usually needing me to call them so they can look into it and see where the truck is and find out it's cancelled.... It's just not a pleasant experience.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Dude, it's winter. It's slick. You are the gozillionth person stuck in a ditch this morning. Even from a police standpoint it's taking wreckers 2-3 hours to pull folks out if we call them. It's not State Farm's fault.

It's not as if a State Farm agent is the one operating the tow truck, either. It's a contract with a company. Or several companies. Chances are good that the tow company handles calls like that for half a dozen companies.

Crap happens. Sometimes it's crap crap - sometimes it's inconvenient crap. Be thankful that you didn't get yourself into crap crap.

-J-

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    No damage, just got stuck. Didn't hit anything.

It's not even that, I understand there might be an elevated level of slide-offs... but telling me at 8:30 one is on the way... then it's cancelled an hour later... then another is on the way an hour later... then it cancelled an hour later... usually needing me to call them so they can look into it and see where the truck is and find out it's cancelled.... It's just not a pleasant experience.

You know, I have state farm and they'll also reimburse you. The one time I needed a wrecker, I called a wrecker and just sent in the bill to be reimbursed.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Total time in ditch: 4 hours. Wrecker came by and pulled me out, finally.

Just... amazing. Might need to switch from State Farm after this shoddy service

AAA - every year when it's time to renew I think "why? I didn't even use it last year" Then I think "what if I end up in a ditch on the warmest day of the winter" - It sure would be nice to have them on the phone.

Don't mean to make fun, glad you're out, hope your vehicle is good

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    ...but sometimes they look the same as the coconut ones and that's just crap crap crap.

No, they don't... If you pick them up and look underneath, you can CLEARLY see the cocogross ones have a hole poked through the chocolate that exposes the nature of the assortedness's assortedness.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have AAA. I had a blowout on I-74 just east of the new Brownsburg exit. The weather was fine. When the guy got there, I had to help him. He didn't know how to lower a spare on a Chevy pickup truck.

Why did I pay if I had to help???!!!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It's a good way to ruin a perfectly good chocolate cake, too.

Chocolate-Coconut-Cake.jpg

:hijack:

Top Bottom