• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Seriously though, communication is important, but it has to be done in a safe environment, or you only get 2 people telling each other what they want to hear.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Communication is kin to paddling kids. If you wait to talk until you are almost ready to explode, it will be yelling and screaming. If you wait to discipline your kids until you are ready to explode it could become a beating. Communication is a learned skill, learn to talk when it can be done rationally, like a swat on the butt of a kid when they need it and you are rational. It does take time and face it, we are human and it sometimes backfires.

jvanvorst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    I hope the best for your parents. Yes, a simple acknowledgement that it was Valentines Day still was in order, but hey there will be other big days that you will forget in the future. Just make it up to her, tell her you're sorry and that will probly settle it. If it doesn't, well, that sucks.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    So last week my mother fell down on some ice and broke her left patella (knee cap) in 2 pieces. Both my mother and father are elderly so I traveled to Chicago to help them out. She has to have surgery. So I was talking to my GF yesterday and totaly spaced out and forgot it was Valentines Day. I check my email today and there is a message from her saying how dissapointed she is that I forgot. I feel really bad about forgetting and expressed my apologizes to her but she is still upset, but at least, not yelling made. I know I forgot but man, I would think I could get a pass at this one because of the situation with my mother..Sucks.. Gonna have to make it up to her when I get back.

So let me get this straight. You miss a hallmark holiday to take care of your mother, who by the way is the most important woman in a mans life, and she is giving you crap about it. If it was me I'd put foot to her butt and kick her to the curb. I agree with most of the guys on here that you will be awaiting a life of misery if you marry this girl and you will be at the point that death will do you part and will probably look better than she will later. Good luck with your mom and I hope she makes a fast recovery.:twocents:

Top Bottom