• ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

This is the police oath
    I DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE UPON MY HONOUR AND CONSCIENCE THAT I WILL ACT AT ALL TIMES TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE IN A MANNER BEFITTING A POLICE OFFICER

I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS

I WILL DISCHARGE MY DUTIES WITH INTEGRITY AND WILL PROMOTE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCILIATION

I WILL EXERCISE MY AUTHORITY AS A POLICE OFFICER IN THE MANNER INTENDED BY THE LAW

I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY

I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS

I WILL ACT JUSTLY AND IMPARTIALLY AND WITH PROPRIETY TOWARDS MY FELLOW OFFICERS

I WILL CONSTANTLY STRIVE TO HONOUR THIS OATH IN MY SERVICE AS A POLICE OFFICER

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is the police oath
    I DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE UPON MY HONOUR AND CONSCIENCE THAT I WILL ACT AT ALL TIMES TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE IN A MANNER BEFITTING A POLICE OFFICER

I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS

I WILL DISCHARGE MY DUTIES WITH INTEGRITY AND WILL PROMOTE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCILIATION

I WILL EXERCISE MY AUTHORITY AS A POLICE OFFICER IN THE MANNER INTENDED BY THE LAW

I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY

I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS

I WILL ACT JUSTLY AND IMPARTIALLY AND WITH PROPRIETY TOWARDS MY FELLOW OFFICERS

I WILL CONSTANTLY STRIVE TO HONOUR THIS OATH IN MY SERVICE AS A POLICE OFFICER

What does that have to do with arresting a person in possession of stolen property?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Every pro-gun LEO I know says the same thing. If they don't ask, don't tell.
    Same here.
    Yes LEO should be more trust worthy.
    Ah... the whole "all animals are equal but some are more equal than others" spin.
    Sorry, but humans are humans; good and bad in every single one. I don't care what kind of clothes you're wearing or what you pinky swore ten years ago.
    People are people. Wherever you go.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Not more equal but more accountable.
    When a customer fills out a 4473 to purchase a firearm they answer a series of questions including are you a convicted Felon. The customers accountability level with you just went up. Before they filled out the 4473 you might not have been aware of criminal history.

I think it is the same with LEO that when they take an oath they are held to a higher standard of honesty than people are people. I am not naive enough to think that they are not all honest just held to a higher standard. Everyone should have the highest level of honesty but taking an oath is just like answering questions on a 4473 "You just took it to another level"

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    taking an oath is just like answering questions on a 4473 "You just took it to another level"
    All oaths? Or are some oaths oathier than others?

th

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Same here.

Ah... the whole "all animals are equal but some are more equal than others" spin.
    Sorry, but humans are humans; good and bad in every single one. I don't care what kind of clothes you're wearing or what you pinky swore ten years ago.
    People are people. Wherever you go.

Even those without stars upon thars?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not more equal but more accountable.
    When a customer fills out a 4473 to purchase a firearm they answer a series of questions including are you a convicted Felon. The customers accountability level with you just went up. Before they filled out the 4473 you might not have been aware of criminal history.

I think it is the same with LEO that when they take an oath they are held to a higher standard of honesty than people are people. I am not naive enough to think that they are not all honest just held to a higher standard. Everyone should have the highest level of honesty but taking an oath is just like answering questions on a 4473 "You just took it to another level"
    WHAT?????:dunno:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    WHAT?????:dunno:

OMG here is another attempt at this. Two guys are arrested for DWI same blood alcohol count same city but one is LEO. Which one of the guys will make the the local news? The LEO will and then it will be posted all over INGO and the bashing will begin.

Accountability is accountability no matter what line of work you are in. I sell adhesives (thus the Gluemanz28 name) if I tell someone which adhesive to use and it fails I am more accountable then if the vending machine guy is in the plant stocking the machines and gives advise. So buying a gun from LEO that is trying to get stolen guns off the street should be safer than buying from someone that isn't.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You just made my point for me.
    Who are you to say who takes their oath more to heart than another? Individual LEO included.
    Thanks!

I never said it was my place to judge anyone or determine who has taken the oath to heart. If I go to your store and ask about the 1911's you have and you give advise are you not held to a higher level of accountability than the doughnut maker at the doughnut shop? It doesn't mean that I shouldn't do my own research and make my own decision it just means that I should be able to count on you in my decision making process.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    . If I go to your store and ask about the 1911's you have and you give advise are you not held to a higher level of accountability than the doughnut maker at the doughnut shop? It doesn't mean that I shouldn't do my own research and make my own decision it just means that I should be able to count on you in my decision making process.
    Why would you ask a donut maker?
    But to answer your question, everything anyone tells you about anything should be verified verified verified...
    Also, I'm the wrong person to pose this question to... I trust no one.

Top Bottom