• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    First snowmobile just went screaming by at 80mph. Not sure how he can see where he's going. Visibility is way down.

Drive home from Elkhart wasn't bad down SR19. Once you hit country roads it gets a little sporty. Quattro and Blizzaks made it kinda fun. The driveway was drifted pretty good and she cruised through it without a slip.
    64b8fb0a9fa5abe16442c71446f37553.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I am just south of you in Eugene, about 10 miles south of I-74 and just a few miles from Illinois. Been raining about all night but not freezing yet or snowing. Just looked at radar and looks like the snow is getting close. We are retired so no where we have to go and have plenty of food for days. Jim.
    Is the covered bridge restaurant still in business?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand

For immediate release:

With the most recent forecasts, this is rapidly turning into a multiple bread loaf situation. During extreme winter weather preparations in the area, it’s important you stick to the following method:
    Panic
    #2 Encourage others around you to also panic by uploading pics of crowded grocery store lines
    #3 Buy every gallon of milk you can find. Is two gallons enough for 2 days of snow? Doubt it, buy 6.
    #4 Do not make eye contract with anyone in the bread aisle. This is a surefire way to incite unnecessary stampedes.
    #5 Check road reports constantly by asking on community pages how the roads are. It’s snowing but are they snow covered? We don’t know until we ask, again.
    #6 Pay attention here because the bread, milk, and egg math has been broken down for the newbys.
    For every .5 inches of precipitation forecasted, you’ll need one loaf of bread and one dozen eggs. For example, 12 inches of snow forecasted X 2 equals 24 dozen eggs and 24 bread loaves.
    #7 Become an immediate social media expert on city snow removal tactics, school superintendent decisions & meteorological forecasts. Who knows better than you? Not a single person who actually does these things for a living.
    #8 Drive your front wheel drive Camry up steep hills during the event and take pictures to tell everyone how they should stay off the roads because it’s dangerous, because of you.
    #9 Most importantly wear fun thermal socks and post pics of them in front of your fire and post them on facebook.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We take care of my father-in-law who has Alzheimer's. I just went by there with chow. (McDonald's big breakfast with hotcakes) In the time it took me to eat it, make him take his pills, and let his dog out, there was a fresh inch of snow on my hood.
    Snow issues aside let me commend you for taking care of your FIL. We took care of my Mother (rest her soul) and I know how challenging it can be.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    First snowmobile just went screaming by at 80mph. Not sure how he can see where he's going. Visibility is way down.

Drive home from Elkhart wasn't bad down SR19. Once you hit country roads it gets a little sporty. Quattro and Blizzaks made it kinda fun. The driveway was drifted pretty good and she cruised through it without a slip.
    64b8fb0a9fa5abe16442c71446f37553.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Wish I had room to park a vehicle in my garage. Maybe someday. :(

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Bout 10” so far here, had to use my 4x4 once. In its defense i had a Cummins attached to the back. BIL stuck it in a ditch on the way home from work and in true Dodge fashion the 4x4 doesnt work.

Top Bottom