• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    From the National Service...Winter Storm Warning!

Here's the link:

National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

Of course you realize, people have forgotten how to drive in snow since last winter, so be careful.

A few years ago a friend said they wanted to get two 100 pound bags of sand to put in her car for traction during the winter. I informed her that her car was front wheel drive...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    When did we start naming storms that are not hurricanes or typhoons?

Winter Storm Cleon? Seriously?:runaway:

If there are any INGOers named Cleon, I apologize, but what the hell kinda name is Cleon? Couldn't have named it Charlie, Chuck, Charles, Clifford, Caleb, Cody?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Why would you let a little snow stop you from going to the range? Do you think when the SHTF that it will only be during good weather? Better to find out now if your rifle and pistol will run in cold weather or not than when you really need them.

There will be 15 to 20 liberty minded AMERICAN's shooting in this weather all weekend at an Appleseed in Nashville, IN. A little snow's not going to stop us.

Because snow means I will have to work instead of have the day off. Someone needed to trade the day because he works snow removal on the side, I told him that if we were ever supposed to get snow, I WOULD trade him. Since we're getting snow, we traded, which would mean I work instead of getting a free day.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Going into the mouth of the beast here in a few. Have to hit up Kroger for some supplies for the weekend. Wish me luck, and it I'm not back in an hour, send no search party.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If there are any INGOers named Cleon, I apologize, but what the hell kinda name is Cleon? Couldn't have named it Charlie, Chuck, Charles, Clifford, Caleb, Cody?

Yeah, dammit. It's a 'murican storm. Needs a good 'murican name. :soapbox:

It's common among them.

You know how Ohio State students find their way back home from a Michigan game? They head south until they smell it. Then east until they step in it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    and oh yeah...about this..."storm" we're gonna get.
    since the restaurant that I'm a cook at knows that I live across the street...
    they know there's no possible chance of me missing work.
    I can't use snow as an excuse as I could walk over if I had to!
    :): in fact, if anyone does call off work...they'll be calling me in.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Meh, I'm on my days off until Saturday morning and the cars are all in their garages. The wife's Touareg is a beast in the snow...BRING IT!!!

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    HAHA I just got an email from Marsh Supermarket

"Stock up on WINTER STORM essentials!"

winter_storm_02.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It will all be rain, and a little snow Saturday morning.
    My kids are going to be extremely disappointed with your forecast. They start praying for snow in July.

I have a wedding to go to saturday while my buckeyes play michigan state in the big ten title game. The wife says that if it snows too bad we arent driving all the way to lafayette for the wedding. Fingers crossed for "snows too bad" whatever that means.
    If my options were a wedding and a football game, and the determining factor was the amount of snow, I'd call a single snowflake "too much" and park it in the recliner with a diet Coke and some chocolate.

Makes me think Klingon. Maybe a Star Trek fan trying to sneak something in?

Sleeting in Plainfield and SW Indy now. We'll see what happens. Finally got the gas fireplace converted by to wood-burner so we are golden if we lose power. Although the boys might go stir-crazy without the iPad.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Getting some pretty decently heavy sleet in Franklin. Hit the Kroger about an hour ago, bread shot, milk headed that way, meat shop looked wiped. All lanes open and they had lines a few deep at each. Going to be a long night for those folks, glad I don't have to do that anymore.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My mom just got home from my house. A 45 minute drive took her about 1:15. She said roads, especially county road, are ice-covered with a dusting of snow. And the falling snow is turning to ice. She's just north of Spencer in Owen Co.

Top Bottom