• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Thank God for Global Warming or we all would freeze to death.

I'm calling for a little smattering of sleet and a dusting of snow, so please.... leave the bread and milk alone.
    Thank you.

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    Finally finished replacing the flexplate on my old Suburban. Next time i'm going to put that distributor back in as soon as I get those tranny bolts out. I cant imagine living long enough to need to do this again. Still have plenty of jobs in the jar but they don't require crawling on my back in the driveway. Maybe it's time for a snowblower. I live on a corner and envy those who only have to shovel their front walk.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Finally finished replacing the flexplate on my old Suburban. Next time i'm going to put that distributor back in as soon as I get those tranny bolts out. I cant imagine living long enough to need to do this again. Still have plenty of jobs in the jar but they don't require crawling on my back in the driveway. Maybe it's time for a snowblower. I live on a corner and envy those who only have to shovel their front walk.

We got a small Toro(?) snow blower a couple years ago. It has been amazing. Takes no time to do the driveway. It also paid for itself by taking it to big neighborhoods and doing peoples driveways for $15 or so.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Don't forget to go to the gocery and buy up as much milk and bread as you can stuff in your car/truck. You could be stuck for months on end.

Just a little pre-panic implied purple to stoke to fires. :):

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Don't forget to go to the gocery and buy up as much milk and bread as you can stuff in your car/truck. You could be stuck for months on end.

Just a little pre-panic implied purple to stoke to fires. :):

Thanks for the reminder. I actually do need to get milk, eggs, and bread. But it's not due to panic. It's due to the fact that my kids drink a lot of milk and love peanut butter sandwiches. The eggs are just because I like them and I am out

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have 2 4WD vehicles. Tanks are full and did the store on Tuesday. Gas for the genny's...battery back ups for the lights and electronics.
    Probably will not need any of it...hardly ever do.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Not sure what to believe?? I've heard everything from 1-2 inches all the way up to 12 inches, and that it's going to start anywhere from 16:00 this evening to 05:00 tomorrow.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I'm sure if you asked him, he'd tell you just how good he is. :):

What I mean is, it sounds like the guy has an actual functional understanding of the mechanics of weather, versus the majority of other TV weathermen, who just repackage the NWS forecasts under their own shiny packaging. I've spent a day shadowing the folks at NWS Indianapolis, and they are top notch folks, who actually "get" weather. A lot of TV weather talking heads don't even have degrees in meteorology (seriously, see this ). This guy has what seems to be a understandign of the various models, comparisons between them, model blends and the like. I may not agree 100% with his interpretations, but then again, a lot of time, the NWS guys argue about it too. Read their forecast discussions sometimes, very interesting reading.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This guy is too good to be a TV weather dude. Sounds like he actually crafts his forecast and doesn't just repackage the NWS guys.

Exactly. When it comes to severe weather, he does an excellent job of explaining what is going to happen and when he thinks the NWS or SPC are wrong, he says so...on the other hand, when he says get ready, you'd better hang on.

Indinapolis does a poor job with my area of the state--weather-wise.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I mean is, it sounds like the guy has an actual functional understanding of the mechanics of weather, versus the majority of other TV weathermen, who just repackage the NWS forecasts under their own shiny packaging. I've spent a day shadowing the folks at NWS Indianapolis, and they are top notch folks, who actually "get" weather. A lot of TV weather talking heads don't even have degrees in meteorology (seriously, see this ). This guy has what seems to be a understandign of the various models, comparisons between them, model blends and the like. I may not agree 100% with his interpretations, but then again, a lot of time, the NWS guys argue about it too. Read their forecast discussions sometimes, very interesting reading.

Exactly. When it comes to severe weather, he does an excellent job of explaining what is going to happen and when he thinks the NWS or SPC are wrong, he says so...on the other hand, when he says get ready, you'd better hang on.

Indinapolis does a poor job with my area of the state--weather-wise.

At the risk of further perpetuating the shift in this thread towards Marc Weinberg, I'll just say this. His "me" complex notwithstanding, I have to admit that he does add color to his forecasts and they are often more accurate than his competition. You can tell he's really into "weather". He used to be a storm chaser. But he does like to make sure people know how good he is. Makes it entertaining I guess.

Weinberg seems to think it could get pretty bad this weekend. We'll see. Better to be prepared than not.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    At the risk of further perpetuating the shift in this thread towards Marc Weinberg, I'll just say this. His "me" complex notwithstanding, I have to admit that he does add color to his forecasts and they are often more accurate than his competition. You can tell he's really into "weather". He used to be a storm chaser. But he does like to make sure people know how good he is. Makes it entertaining I guess.

Weinberg seems to think it could get pretty bad this weekend. We'll see. Better to be prepared than not.

See, this is why I just follow the folks at the NWS. No bias, no "god complex." Just straight forecasting.

Back on topic, I just had a stretch of some kind of precip run through Franklin a few minutes ago. Looked liquid, but the air temp is mighty cold.

Top Bottom