• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    What people do in the privacy of thier hoems is one thing, unless it is a harm to children, then it should never take place. What the people in the OPs post did is unexcusable. Those two things should never mix!

Barry.45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    In a house!
    If they were`nt hurntin you(morals exempt)why not mind your own damn bussiness!Then every1`s happy,well except for the "prople"who can`t mind theit own bussiness!Maybe some o the stuffed **** nib ****s around here should consider mindin theit own damn bussiness!Oh I forgot"second hand smoke argument and all!GEESH

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    This is also why I enjoy going to Camp Atterbury....

Some may complain about how strict they are, but IMHO, too strict doesn't exist when it's your lives on the line.

That, and there are ALWAYS at least two people either monitoring everyone or in the office watching at all times.

nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    It takes all kinds I guess. Im not condoning this at all but its not safe anywhere even if they do it at home before they get there. Probably not the smartest thing to do when with a gun why not just sit down and drink some Beer while your shooting.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    You should have talked one of those potheads into letting you test exactly how much stopping power a .380 really has!:D

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    If they were`nt hurntin you(morals exempt)why not mind your own damn bussiness!Then every1`s happy,well except for the "prople"who can`t mind theit own bussiness!Maybe some o the stuffed **** nib ****s around here should consider mindin theit own damn bussiness!Oh I forgot"second hand smoke argument and all!GEESH

We have a winner....And so early in the morning!

Edit: Guess I should have used purple in the first place

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Why wait until they do possibly hurt someone before making it your business.

Lighting up, blatantly breaking the law, waving muzzles around, not observing range rules, ect are all my business regardless if they are right next to me or a dozen lanes down from me at the range.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Why wait until they do possibly hurt someone before making it your business.

Lighting up, blatantly breaking the law, waving muzzles around, not observing range rules, ect are all my business regardless if they are right next to me or a dozen lanes down from me at the range.

Even if someone were being absolutely safe, I would still report alcohol or marijuana consumption to the range officials and possibly the police.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Even if someone were being absolutely safe, I would still report alcohol or marijuana consumption to the range officials and possibly the police.

Oh, I agree ! I didn't mean it only became my business if they were being unsafe... I met it would become my business if they were doing anything I listed...

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    I went shooting with Willie Nelson once.....

If it hasn't already been noted yet, I am calling either BS on the pot, or saying it was at Don's, and being used by the same people that went shopping for the Air Jordans early.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Why would you report something that isn't illegal to the police(alcohol)? I bet there are a few guys who grab beers after Friday Night Steel that are still carrying while drinking. I'm guessing you don't call the police on them. Carrying isn't the same as active shooting on the range but your mindset is still primed and ready for it. That's why we carry, afterall.

Freedom is dangerous and sometimes makes room for stupid behavior but I prefer that to the alternative.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I wonder how many INGO people go to the range to shoot and what percentage of shooters are on prescription drugs. Read those side effects lists for "normal" drugs for diabetes, high blood pressure, pain meds, thyroid problems, cancer, etc. And I bet the side effects listing is worse than the illegal buzz a lot of you are worried about.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Why would you report something that isn't illegal to the police(alcohol)? I bet there are a few guys who grab beers after Friday Night Steel that are still carrying while drinking. I'm guessing you don't call the police on them. Carrying isn't the same as active shooting on the range but your mindset is still primed and ready for it. That's why we carry, afterall.

Freedom is dangerous and sometimes makes room for stupid behavior but I prefer that to the alternative.

I said "possibly." You never know how long someone would want to debate the issue instead of complying with the rules of the range.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I wonder how many INGO people go to the range to shoot and what percentage of shooters are on prescription drugs. Read those side effects lists for "normal" drugs for diabetes, high blood pressure, pain meds, thyroid problems, cancer, etc. And I bet the side effects listing is worse than the illegal buzz a lot of you are worried about.

I think about this very issue. I am forced to take prescription pain medication but quit taking it prior to any range trips or competition. Just ask some of the guys from FNS about me trying to bend down and pick something up from the ground.

I have never felt any "mind altering" effect from this medication and it is non-narcotic but I still feel that it is safest for everyone involved.

Also if you read the side effects of almost any drug you wouldn't want to take ANY of them.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I would think in the case of alcohol, pointing out the rules, making sure it stops, and bringing it to the attention of the range officer would be enough.

Sure, I have been with friends that carry while they have a few beers. I know these people and have more comfort due to that fact. If weapons start leaving holsters, the comfort level disappears real quick. At the range where active gun handling is happening, a complete stranger blatantly ignoring rules doesn't do much for the comfort level and gets my attention real quick.

While what you say is true, I would not be making it my business because of being worried about an " illegal buzz ", but rather because of the blatant disregard of the law and/or range rules.

Where I shoot, I don't agree with all the rules. I particularly dislike their cold range/no holstered weapons policy. Saying that though, I follow the rules and couldn't fault the next guy for being concerned if he were to see me stroll up next to him and his family while blatantly breaking the rules of having all my weapons loaded.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think I might open a range. With a full bar and cigar lounge.

I'll call it Drink 'n Shoot!

I'll give away a free shot with every box of moderately overpriced ammo! Or a box of ammo for free with an overpriced pitcher of beer!

Now who of you wouldn't go to a place like that?

I would.

Top Bottom