• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I saw some hilljacks with their infant on the firing line at wilbur wright once, so smoking pot wouldn't surprise me. Especially since new castle and muncie are complete dumps.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I was at the gun range recently. I will not name the range, due to its popularity, but I was shooting and my wife made a remark about smelling marijuana. So i look over and see a couple jokers toking up right there in front of everyone. I'm not a drug user, nor do I condone it. So i packed up my stuff and left. There was no range officer there and these guys were just going willy nilly with their firearms. I am not about to be there when they barrel brush someone and their weapon goes off because they are dumb. I told the guy at the front dest, hopefully he took care of it. I wouldnt know. I didnt stick around.

Bringing this up and not mentioning the range is rather shallow. Would you treat drinking on the range in the same manner? Have you contacted anyone at the range about this?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Also, pot doesnt make you an idiot or irrational... If they were being stupid, odds are their gene pool is shallow or they laced it.

I don't think the words "if" or "odds" belong in that sentence. If they were smoking at a gun range, they were being stupid (no if), and there are no odds about their gene pool being shallow, that is a fact, given the behavior.

And no, I don't think any object makes one an idiot or irrational, but the idiotic use of it proves what someone is to the rest of us.

It also would be pretty stupid if the range management did not do something about it from a business, safety and legal perspective.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    But realistically, who HASN'T accidentally grabbed their dope bag when meaning to grab their range bag? Happens to me all the time! :):

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor, have I ever been a pot smoker, I have enough things to spend my money on. (see too many hobbies thread).

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    If these guys were burning one they had no business at the range. This kind of irresponsible action gives all those who cherish firearms a bad rep. One of the ten basic s of safe gun handling avoid drugs and alcohol while engaged in any activity involving firearms. This doesn't pertain only to illegal drugs but prescription drugs as well. Another example of why some animals eat their young.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I'd believe it, not a range trip for me if I'm not cleaning up some keystone or bud light cans, last trip alone included "don't point that shotgun at me" "f you it's not even Fing loaded" and "let me load up my .50 muzzle loader, don't worry it won't hurt the baby (to woman in early pregnancy)" I've seen buddies shooting where one will be 10ft behind the other and without warning practice shooting a revolver over the shoulder of the downrange "friend" and it would not surprise me at all to find out that some of these folks were drunk while at the unpatrolled free range.

So I believe it.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Cherish uh!

If these guys were burning one they had no business at the range. This kind of irresponsible action gives all those who cherish firearms a bad rep. One of the ten basic s of safe gun handling avoid drugs and alcohol while engaged in any activity involving firearms. This doesn't pertain only to illegal drugs but prescription drugs as well. Another example of why some animals eat their young.

Its that type of liberal free range hippy pinko that gives all the upstanding pot heads who "cherish their cheeba" a bad name! Lol

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I'd believe it, not a range trip for me if I'm not cleaning up some keystone or bud light cans, last trip alone included "don't point that shotgun at me" "f you it's not even Fing loaded" and "let me load up my .50 muzzle loader, don't worry it won't hurt the baby (to woman in early pregnancy)" I've seen buddies shooting where one will be 10ft behind the other and without warning practice shooting a revolver over the shoulder of the downrange "friend" and it would not surprise me at all to find out that some of these folks were drunk while at the unpatrolled free range.

So I believe it.

Glad I don't shoot at your range. And even more glad that I have access to a private range.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

So I believe it.

Exactly why I pay every year to belong to MCFG. The vast majority of members at MCFG are law abiding, level headed and friendly people that observe the rules that make it a safe place for everyone. Every member I have met fits that description. I'm not saying an incident like the OP couldn't happen but I have never seen anything like it or heard any reports of such behavior. And I'm confident that if an incident like that did occur it would be dealt with quickly and efficiently.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I am with the rest of the crowd that wants to know the where part of the who what when where equation. Does us no good to know there are irresponsible adults out there, but if we were aware of the location, we could be on a heightened alert concerning impaired shooters.
    Things like this make me very happy to have a private range to shoot at, and several friends who have similar property at their disposal. Even if I am not shooting that particular day, alcohol is not included in my festivities when the range will be hot that day.
    Smoking dope on my range, or property for that matter, is a sure fire way to be rudely dis-invited to my place in the future.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm just tired of people thinking pot is evil and causes people to become instant zombies.

Nicotine and alcohol are Far worse, yet I've seen so many guys smoking at the range.

The simple notion that "potheads" are stupid and wreckless is a stereotype. Of all the people I know, the people I know who fit the stereotype do other drugs than pot.

Oh, and if you don't believe me about the zig zags, go buy a pack and burn one. Worst smelling rolling papers ever.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm just tired of people thinking pot is evil and causes people to become instant zombies.

Nicotine and alcohol are Far worse, yet I've seen so many guys smoking at the range.

The simple notion that "potheads" are stupid and wreckless is a stereotype. Of all the people I know, the people I know who fit the stereotype do other drugs than pot.

Oh, and if you don't believe me about the zig zags, go buy a pack and burn one. Worst smelling rolling papers ever.

I don't smoke pot and rarely drink. But I think marijuana should be legalized and treated as alcohol is controlled. I don't know if pot is as bad or worse than alcohol but I can tell you that seeing pot heads on the street in the neighborhood leads me to believe its just as bad as alcohol. But bottom line it is illegal now, therefore if you smoke pot you are breaking the law and should be punished accordingly.

PS: I agree that tobacco is far worse. I have seen so many lives wrecked by tobacco abuse its pathetic. That is what happens when anything is abused.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Are you equating smoking a ciggarette or dipping some Copenhagen with smoking weed or drinking at the range? I'm not saying weed is an evil drug either, I would just not compare somebody firing up a Marlboro to someone firing up a joint.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

Its not so much that I do not believe you, as I do know a few people that can and do function normally while under the influence. Along the same lines, I know, or have known several people who functioned as a normal part of society while legally drunk. Neither is OK in my opinion, but at least the alcoholic is not using ILLEGAL DRUGS.
    I am with those that believe that marijuana should be legalized, and controlled in a manner as alcohol, but until that time, its still illegal, and not welcome in my presence. If someone makes the adult decision to break the law, at least have the common courtesy to not throw it in everyone's faces at a public venue, do so in your own home, in a more private setting that does not potentially include me and my family.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Law breaking........

I drive 56 in a 55 to get to the range.

As for under the influence............Energy drinks and chewing tobacco, seem to be the tweak of the day for most redneck males.

See it all the time at gunshops, bowshops and ranges.

Think that combo more wicked than most of the junk ditch weed the average stoners burn.

According to my music bud, there is some "good" weed that really makes him retarded. But he's a stay at home by the Cheetos stoner.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Smoking weed at the range, never seen that. Had to leave when some local rednecks at a F&W area broke open a case of beer. That was before they redid the range and had an RO.

Smelling weed at the range? All the time, mostly indoor ranges. Usually a certain demographic. I leave the range when they show up.

Top Bottom