• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I really wouldn't care if they were smoking some pot except that it's a gun range with dangerous weapons. I would feel just as negatively if they were down there tossing back a few beers. Do it on your own property where the only people you hurt are yourselves if you do something stupid.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    You smoke/ drink etc in your home= your business
    You smoke/ drink etc in public while operating possibly deadly equipment while I or my family is present= my business and we will probably have a problem.
    I really don't give a !@#$ whether you believe pot or anything else "doesn't effect" you. If you are NOT under a doctors care and are taking mind altering drugs you are wrong. Period.
    I'm sure that keeping the ILLEGAL drug cartels that, behead, torture, terrorize and help ruin families, in business is ok with you. If you believe that legalizing it will take care of the problem then IMHO you've never looked/ seen what the impact on families it does. I see it every day. I talk to these people who have said at one point "it's no big deal", "it helped me relax" etc. They all believed the lie that it was okay.
    The next time you watch the news and see/ hear about the cartels in Mexico etc I hope you look in the mirror and think about YOUR part in it. If you can't or won't consider that then IMHO you have no soul and are a very selfish self-centered person and I really have no use for you. Just food for thought.

Rant off

Bob

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    You smoke/ drink etc in your home= your business
    You smoke/ drink etc in public while operating possibly deadly equipment while I or my family is present= my business and we will probably have a problem.
    I really don't give a !@#$ whether you believe pot or anything else "doesn't effect" you. If you are NOT under a doctors care and are taking mind altering drugs you are wrong. Period.
    I'm sure that keeping the ILLEGAL drug cartels that, behead, torture, terrorize and help ruin families, in business is ok with you. If you believe that legalizing it will take care of the problem then IMHO you've never looked/ seen what the impact on families it does. I see it every day. I talk to these people who have said at one point "it's no big deal", "it helped me relax" etc. They all believed the lie that it was okay.
    The next time you watch the news and see/ hear about the cartels in Mexico etc I hope you look in the mirror and think about YOUR part in it. If you can't or won't consider that then IMHO you have no soul and are a very selfish self-centered person and I really have no use for you. Just food for thought.

Rant off

Bob

+1

Even if the drugs are legal (and that may be loosely true) I have a problem with it. I don't want someone all whacked out percocet or even something non-controlled anywhere near me with a gun.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Sounds like Henryville. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

DING DING DING!!! We have got a WINNER!

Im not saying pot is evil or shouldn't be legalized.. It obviously has it's niche in society or it wouldn't be the most widely used drug on the planet. All I am saying is DO NOT put my life and my familys life on the line because you want to party with dangerous weapons. It is immoral and stupid. If you want to toke up THEN go to the range so be it no one would be the wiser, and I would have nothing to say. Just keep that stuff away from the range. Not to mention if they got pulled over on the way to the range you're screwed.

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    These snooseberries taste like snooseberries.

I've been to enough concerts to know what weed smells like. I've also been around people who were sheltered enough to think that anything that didn't smell like Marlboro Reds were automatically weed.

In college, a group of us stood around outside smoking thinly rolled cigarellos. We saw an RA from campus so we ditched them in the snow. The RA went out in the snow after we left, took it to the RD and all of us were in trouble for smoking in campus. Towards the end, the RA asked the RD why he didn't call the cops. The RD said why would we do that? He shouted, "It's illegal!" And all of us, including the RD about died of laughter. He 'knew' it was marijuana.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    DING DING DING!!! We have got a WINNER!

Im not saying pot is evil or shouldn't be legalized.. It obviously has it's niche in society or it wouldn't be the most widely used drug on the planet. All I am saying is DO NOT put my life and my familys life on the line because you want to party with dangerous weapons. It is immoral and stupid. If you want to toke up THEN go to the range so be it no one would be the wiser, and I would have nothing to say. Just keep that stuff away from the range. Not to mention if they got pulled over on the way to the range you're screwed.
    Hopefully, if that range isn't closed all together, there will be more eyes upon it. The stupidity there can be overwhelming at times. Maybe they should set aside one day a week for all the ****tards to shoot, and they would eventually eliminate themselves. That really sucks, though. I like going there.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Rant off

Bob

Should I even respond? It seems like your mind is made up and you don't want to hear anything...

Please look up AHA's numbers for heart disease/stroke/emphysema/COPD for smokers and people who drink more than socially.

Then look up THC overdoses and THC OWI fatal auto accidents.

Then tell me pot should be illegal still.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Should I even respond? It seems like your mind is made up and you don't want to hear anything...

Please look up AHA's numbers for heart disease/stroke/emphysema/COPD for smokers and people who drink more than socially.

Smoking and tobacco have been so villafied that I'm not sure I fully believe all the hype. Yes tobacco is not good for you, but neither is the crap in that burger you get from McDonalds. Facts are facts, tobacco is a legal substance, weed is not.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've heard all I need to. I DO have my mind made up due to the destruction I've seen. Not just somebodies else's opinion and stats. I get my info from the people who have BTDT every day. I will stand by ALL my statements as I have gotten used to being able to look in the mirror not wanting to slit my throat for my past. My mind doesn't seem to be the only one that is made up, but, everybody is entitled to their own opinon.
    Thanks for reading and at least it stimulated a discussion and NOT an arguement.;)

Bob

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

We are talking about smoking pot at a range. Take your agenda elsewhere. It is unsafe just as any "mind altering" substance would be while handling firearms. For now pot is illegal and if you buy, sell, possess it you are breaking the law.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Did you guys seriously just tell me to STFU?

I am not condoning pit at the range, just the stereotypical mindset that seems to be shared here.

Just because something is illegal, does not mean the laws are right.

We all want the tax stamps to go away...yet you are quiet and pay your fee. It's illegal without a piece of paper.

Please stop making people out to be bad who smoke, sadly for some it's the only thing that when used appropriately takes the edge off pain...ie tourettes patients with chronic back pain from spasms...end stage cancer patients...

The list can go on. Again, I'm not defending their actions...merely a flawed reasoning by some people.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN

This thread has nothing to do with legalization, what is better/worse for you, or what laws are right or wrong. Take it back to the political section!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Did you guys seriously just tell me to STFU?

I am not condoning pit at the range, just the stereotypical mindset that seems to be shared here.

Just because something is illegal, does not mean the laws are right.

We all want the tax stamps to go away...yet you are quiet and pay your fee. It's illegal without a piece of paper.

Please stop making people out to be bad who smoke, sadly for some it's the only thing that when used appropriately takes the edge off pain...ie tourettes patients with chronic back pain from spasms...end stage cancer patients...

The list can go on. Again, I'm not defending their actions...merely a flawed reasoning by some people.

There is a long thread about legalizng pot elsewhere on this forum. If you want to push your agenda there, have at it.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    I feel the pain

Smoking weed at the range, never seen that. Had to leave when some local rednecks at a F&W area broke open a case of beer. That was before they redid the range and had an RO.

Smelling weed at the range? All the time, mostly indoor ranges. Usually a certain demographic. I leave the range when they show up.

I know what you mean. I always leave the range when a certain DEMOCRAT shows up. Commies

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Are you equating smoking a ciggarette or dipping some Copenhagen with smoking weed or drinking at the range? I'm not saying weed is an evil drug either, I would just not compare somebody firing up a Marlboro to someone firing up a joint.

why not? people get just as much of a "buzz" from nicotine as they do from THC

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    When I was shooting competitively, the rule was no caffeine or any other stimulant 8 hours before the competition. Jitters make it difficult to chew up the x-ring.

The Best I ever shot was at the Division Matches in '93. My Bunkee and I pulled an alnighter at the Miramar E-Club and showed up 30 minutes before the bus left for the matches and shot the two best aggregate scores for the whole team. The Chief Warrant Officer asked us what our secret to success was and we told him that we followed his advice of a good nights rest and a healthy breakfast.

Top Bottom