• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    it was a joke between us. if you know my full name you would get it.

i consider it a positive. how many black people do you know that will listen to boston as loud as the thugs with their bs and in public and know the words?
    This reminds me of when I was working as a cook at TGI Fridays up at Keystone at the Crossing back in the mid 80's to mid 90's. The kitchen staff was pretty evenly split between black and white and we all used to rib each other about our choices in music. This was about the time that rap and hip-hop was really starting to gain traction. I remember one of the black guys that was about my age (JP). JP and I both liked the old MoTown classics. NWA had just come out with "**** Da Police". I asked him, "JP, man, when did we go from 'Betcha By Golly Wow' to '**** Da Police'?" He told me then, "I don't know Jim, but it ain't good!"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    it was a joke between us. if you know my full name you would get it.

i consider it a positive. how many black people do you know that will listen to boston as loud as the thugs with their bs and in public and know the words?
    Yeah I don't see any harm in some ribbing like that amongst friends. I guess when someone says something like that it all depends on the context. I really don't think he seriously meant that you were selling out to whitey for playing Boston. :):

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Yeah I don't see any harm in some ribbing like that amongst friends. I guess when someone says something like that it all depends on the context. I really don't think he seriously meant that you were selling out to whitey for playing Boston. :):
    Now if it was “Air Supply”…..

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    This reminds me of when I was working as a cook at TGI Fridays up at Keystone at the Crossing back in the mid 80's to mid 90's. The kitchen staff was pretty evenly split between black and white and we all used to rib each other about our choices in music. This was about the time that rap and hip-hop was really starting to gain traction. I remember one of the black guys that was about my age (JP). JP and I both liked the old MoTown classics. NWA had just come out with "**** Da Police". I asked him, "JP, man, when did we go from 'Betcha By Golly Wow' to '**** Da Police'?" He told me then, "I don't know Jim, but it ain't good!"
    that's when i stopped listening to mainstream rap. i do listen to some socially conscience hip hop. most of which the average person has never heard or think it's "weak"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    hey...i like air supply and reo speedwagon too. but floyd rules!
    I think you're getting whiter by the minute here by admitting that you like air supply and reo speedwagon. and yes pink floyd rules!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    that's when i stopped listening to mainstream rap. i do listen to some socially conscience hip hop. most of which the average person has never heard or think it's "weak"
    I don't like the delivery, but I've heard one of Snoop Dog's songs lyrics that actually was okay. DoggyMama's late daughter introduced me to it. I think it was called "Mama" maybe? I don't remember.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I don't like the delivery, but I've heard one of Snoop Dog's songs lyrics that actually was okay. DoggyMama's late daughter introduced me to it. I think it was called "Mama" maybe? I don't remember.
    i just couldn't get into snoop. since i didn't live that life, i didn't see a reason to listen.

plus it never made sense to me to advertise any crimes that you might have committed. i believe a lot if it was for theatrical effect but i saw that too many fools were taking it as literal.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    your conclusion is spot on. i don't wear my pants hanging off my @**. i try to speak "cleary & succintly". i listen to old school r&b, classic rock, and jazz. i can't stand this rap bs out now days. i have an education & i work everyday. i place family well being over money.

i had some hoods ask me if i was really black because i didn't care whether cardi b made more money than beyonce. hell..at the time i had never heard of cardi b. they got mad because i asked them what difference should that make to a grown man.

i once had a group of thugs plot to rob me because they thought i was soft. i pulled up in front of their neighbors house playing stevie wonder. lol

i don't fit what most blacks consider black.
    THIS is what`s the matter in race relations. MLK said he wanted everyone to be judged by the content of their character. Good character is 100% colorblind, isn`t it? Good character is being a good citizen. A contributor to society, NOT a leech. Good character treats everyone with courtesy and respect. Good character tries to be patient and understanding and tries to show a bit of tolerance and acceptance, but understands that does NOT mean backing down on values. Good character is treating everyone the way YOU want to be treated, Good character looks a man right in the eye, uses a firm handshake, and treats everyone as though they are trustworthy and reasonable, unless and until they prove themselves to be otherwise. Good character is only giving anyone else what we would hope for from them.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    THIS is what`s the matter in race relations. MLK said he wanted everyone to be judged by the content of their character. Good character is 100% colorblind, isn`t it? Good character is being a good citizen. A contributor to society, NOT a leech. Good character treats everyone with courtesy and respect. Good character tries to be patient and understanding and tries to show a bit of tolerance and acceptance, but understands that does NOT mean backing down on values. Good character is treating everyone the way YOU want to be treated, Good character looks a man right in the eye, uses a firm handshake, and treats everyone as though they are trustworthy and reasonable, unless and until they prove themselves to be otherwise. Good character is only giving anyone else what we would hope for from them.
    exactly!

today's mantra is all about getting over on the next person. i tell people that if all you ever do is get over on someone, you never get up.

i hear a lot of the bs of "hate the player not the game". i call bs! this is real life not a game. you can't win "the game" against someone who is not playing "the game". i don't play games

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    exactly!

today's mantra is all about getting over on the next person. i tell people that if all you ever do is get over on someone, you never get up.

i hear a lot of the bs of "hate the player not the game". i call bs! this is real life not a game. you can't win "the game" against someone who is not playing "the game". i don't play games
    Some people never grow up. Some people never get it.

Top Bottom