• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You’re half right. I’ve gotten it from both Black and White people.
    The CRT term for that is “white adjacent”, which can mean either “white passing” or “acting white”.

White adjacent is obviously a pejorative term. A white adjacent person supports systemic racism. White adjacent is usually used against asians as “white passing”, for enjoying the automatic benefits of whiteness. But white adjacent is also used against people of color for “acting white”, thereby making an ally of whiteness.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The CRT term for that is “white adjacent”, which can mean either “white passing” or “acting white”.

White adjacent is obviously a pejorative term. A white adjacent person supports systemic racism. White adjacent is usually used against asians as “white passing”, for enjoying the automatic benefits of whiteness. But white adjacent is also used against people of color for “acting white”, thereby making an ally of whiteness.

Long description for just thinking of blacks trying to succeed in the World as Uncle Toms... :rolleyes:

Makes me sick that people think this way. Succeeding in America based on the rules in place has nothing to do with "whiteness", hence a lot of my issue with CRT. The systems were NOT designed to keep the black man down (well, with the exception of the welfare state). Doing well and becoming successful in our country is being an American and a smart one at that. The problem is, too many buy into the CRT BS and they want to act like crabs in a pot. When one tries to get ahead the rest want to pull them back into the pot. So the only "black" way to succeed is to either be an activist (for the Left), actor, sports star, or criminal (drugs/gangs)? Those are the only socially acceptable ways for blacks to get ahead? That's sure the perception I have. Seems like they limit themselves more than the white man limits them.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I remember watching an interview with Kirk Douglas. He grew up the son of a poor rag man. Kirk said that his children grew up disadvantaged. He explained that growing up dirt poor gave him incredible drive to make something of himself. His children never had to struggle from the bottom up, so never had that spark to strive. I remember that because I could relate to him. I suppose young people either take on the challenge to pull themselves up out of the situations they are handed at birth, or face the circumstances as an insurmountable obstacle. Also, peer pressure can have a lot to do with keeping people down, just as strongly as the "hand they were dealt". My point is that maybe we need to study those who have succeeded in the face of adversity, rather than those who have fallen victim to their unfortunate circumstances.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would love to see anyone who thinks working hard and getting ahead as reality and the way things are in this country, rather than looking at it as "only succeeding per the white man's rules". The rules in place are the rules for this country, not for anyone of a given race, color or creed. Look at how the Asian community does with working long hours and becoming very successful. That's not limited to Asians, it's that way for anyone in this country. Hard work and dedication will go far to making anyone a success, but you also have to be smart and look for opportunities to advance. You can't often stay in place and continue to move up. You have to continue to grow and look for ways to do better.

I remember watching an interview with Kirk Douglas. He grew up the son of a poor rag man. Kirk said that his children grew up disadvantaged. He explained that growing up dirt poor gave him incredible drive to make something of himself. His children never had to struggle from the bottom up, so never had that spark to strive. I remember that because I could relate to him. I suppose young people either take on the challenge to pull themselves up out of the situations they are handed at birth, or face the circumstances as an insurmountable obstacle. Also, peer pressure can have a lot to do with keeping people down, just as strongly as the "hand they were dealt". My point is that maybe we need to study those who have succeeded in the face of adversity, rather than those who have fallen victim to their unfortunate circumstances.

I have a friend that illustrates that point. Grew up poor and was always doing different jobs to make money to help his family out. Went into the military and when he came out, he set out with a plan to make something of himself and he did. In my eyes, he's a huge success. Has a large family, successful career and great house. He's the hardest worker I know. Puts in huge hours at his job, works tons around his house and still helps other friends and family all the time. I wish I had the drive that he does as I know I would be further ahead if that were the case.

I agree that some people have more motivation than others. The thing we need to do is not allow people who don't have motivation to poison everyone else. I freely admit that I don't have the same drive and I'm satisfied with what I do have. I don't belabor the fact that I don't drive a luxury car and live in a mansion, because I haven't done the things to deserve any of that. What I do have I've earned and if I see something within reason that I need or want, I work towards making that happen. I don't bellyache about how it's not fair that I don't have it, whatever it is.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Long description for just thinking of blacks trying to succeed in the World as Uncle Toms... :rolleyes:

Makes me sick that people think this way. Succeeding in America based on the rules in place has nothing to do with "whiteness", hence a lot of my issue with CRT. The systems were NOT designed to keep the black man down (well, with the exception of the welfare state). Doing well and becoming successful in our country is being an American and a smart one at that. The problem is, too many buy into the CRT BS and they want to act like crabs in a pot. When one tries to get ahead the rest want to pull them back into the pot. So the only "black" way to succeed is to either be an activist (for the Left), actor, sports star, or criminal (drugs/gangs)? Those are the only socially acceptable ways for blacks to get ahead? That's sure the perception I have. Seems like they limit themselves more than the white man limits them.
    that is the exact message that i have been trying to convey here.

history lessons aside, there are many instances of what is now mainstream denegrating black people for living in a way that promotes the true american way. they don't want anyone, but black people in particular, of becoming self-sufficient. they want reparations, freedom to commit crimes (under the guise that punishment of said crimes is racist), to be the CEO of a company that they haven't put any time in.

as i have stated before this is not just blacks. this is everyone who has been lead to the conclusion that they are owed everything but have worked for nothing. they don't work towards the american dream, they want the fruits of america handed to them yet they have not picked one bushel of fruit.

all of the "woke" movements focus on taking from those who work for what they need and want and "sharing" it with those who don't want that responsibility. they don't think into the future to see that "teaching a man to fish feeds him for a lifetime".

today's attitude is about "me, me, me & i, i, i". it is being pushed on, and embraced by POC moreso than any other race. there are too many youth that would rather pursue a dream of stardom (by any means), than live reality.

do you want to change this? start by telling our children the truth. make them learn how good it feels to work for something. how good it feels to know that they contributed aomething to society. that a paycheck is something you look forward to, not run from. teach them the reality that life can be hard but success is NOT measured by the amount of money you have but the number if friends and family that respect you because tou respect yourself.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was never given anything for nothing. What I was given by my parents were the tools I needed to make something happen. They instilled a strong work ethic in me such as working hard, showing up and making a commitment to be the best that I could be no matter what the task was or the obstacles that lied ahead and never be tempted to take the dishonest path to make a buck.

I am not rich by any means but I am satisfied in knowing that I worked hard and earned everything that I do have.

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I was never given anything for nothing. What I was given by my parents were the tools I needed to make something happen. They instilled a strong work ethic in me such as working hard, showing up and making a commitment to be the best that I could be no matter what the task was or the obstacles that lied ahead and never be tempted to take the dishonest path to earn a buck.

I am not rich by any means but I am satisfied in knowing that I worked hard and earned everything that I do have.
    that's the true nature of success. i stopped looking at success as how much i've earned or bought. i started looking for peace of mind. once i earned it, i became happy with what i accomplished.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    that's the true nature of success. i stopped looking at success as how much i've earned or bought. i started looking for peace of mind. once i earned it, i became happy with what i accomplished.
    It may have been hard at times but to me there isn't anything more gratifying than the feeling that I had from earning an honest buck through hard work and perseverance which made me value the things that I do have even more. I'm like you though that I don't measure my success in material things rather the measure of my success is in providing for the needs of my family.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I remember reading a long while back, (and no, I`m not going to research this to deliver specific data points), that there were segments of legal immigrants in the U.S., that came to the country with little to nothing. They spoke little to no English, but set up residence and got busy working. They started up their own businesses in their own communities, and worked incredibly long hours, virtually NEVER being "off the clock", but, in the matter of a few years, anywhere from 3 to 10 years, were well established, vital to their community, and doing VERY WELL financially. Moral of this story is, there is ZERO excuse for whining that you don`t have what you desire, don`t have what you need, whatever it is you`re whining about. A great MANY of us, me included, are NOT prone to THIS level of dedication and hard work, but the point remains the same; there are NO excuses.
    I had an Uncle that was like that. Started as a migrant farmer. Immigrated and started a business as a painter, I am guessing in the 40s maybe 50s. He had less use for people that came here illegally than any of us.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    There is no fear. The problem is trying to sell an interpretation of history that is at odds with what so many believe. CRT is no different, and probably is related to, the movement a decade or so ago to question the decision to us atomic weapons against Imperial Japan in The Two and label it racist. I remember lefties insisting that we wouldn't have used those weapons against white people in Europe - ignoring, of course that VE Day was 1 1/2 months prior to the trinity test in the Nevada desert

The objection is to interpreting events disingenuously in the service of an agenda
    As far as using the atomic bomb on Germany had it been ready in time, Jake Beser, the electronics officer on both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki missions, was quoted that he regretted that we didn’t get to use it there—“for what the Nazis did to the Jews”. Once the concentration and extermination camps were discovered, I suspect that a lot of Americans would have agreed with him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You left the other half out. White people do the same, but imply it as a compliment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Certainly Biden did with Obama.
    He did. And there’s the hitch. When an ignorant Black person says it, it’s meant as an insult. When an ignorant White person says it, it’s a compliment. Both are offensive, but at least one is believing their actually trying to be nice. In both instances, they should be corrected.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    He did. And there’s the hitch. When an ignorant Black person says it, it’s meant as an insult. When an ignorant White person says it, it’s a compliment. Both are offensive, but at least one is believing their actually trying to be nice. In both instances, they should be corrected.

I'll take your word for it. I try my best not to spend what time I have been granted with ignorant people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You left the other half out. White people do the same, but imply it as a compliment.
    You’re much less likely to encounter them but the woke white defenders of social justice will call out “acting white” in a pejorative sense and if you’re an influencer, try to cancel you.

Top Bottom