• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I so appreciate your understanding of the problems and willingness to shoulder responsibility. I agree with your assessment to a point...the problems we see across the culture today, (the culture of America), regardless of race, creed or color, are overlapping in many regards, even understanding some cultures have their own unique issues. I honestly believe the restoration of the traditional family would solve the majority of the problems we see today. The traditional family, one man and one woman, raising their children together, I believe would solidify the country, giving children what they need, deserve and desire: to be raised in an atmosphere where they feel loved, safe, and have rules, guidelines, and accountability. These principles transcend cultures and generational timelines, they are, timeless. Just like our Natural Rights, they are never outdated or irrelevant.
    believe or not guys...we are saying the same thing.

lmao

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you two have pretty much explained your reasons for your opposition to CRT. It’s not so really an opposition to the idea, but how it’s taught. CRT is essentially “history,” but calling it CRT is off putting; we which I completely understand. The fear isn’t the historical facts concerning, but potential for woke activist educators corrupting the idea with their own opinions.
    There is no fear. The problem is trying to sell an interpretation of history that is at odds with what so many believe. CRT is no different, and probably is related to, the movement a decade or so ago to question the decision to us atomic weapons against Imperial Japan in The Two and label it racist. I remember lefties insisting that we wouldn't have used those weapons against white people in Europe - ignoring, of course that VE Day was 1 1/2 months prior to the trinity test in the Nevada desert

The objection is to interpreting events disingenuously in the service of an agenda

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's say for a minute that every one of your insinuations is correct (I don't disagree for the most part) and everything you mention is 100% true and factual. I go back to the same line of questioning.

Now what?

What solution does CRT offer?

Is CRT simply an attempt to get the rest of the country to "admit" that these things happened?

Does CRT identify those who put these policies into action so that moving forward POC can vote for candidates who aren't wolves in sheep's clothing?

Does CRT assume that the average white was in favor of the things you mention happening?

I'll admit here in the open and anywhere else that whites are guilty of implementing the policies you describe. I'm white, does that make me somehow responsible? Did the people that voted for those politicians know or even vote for them in hopes or with the knowledge that they were going to do those things?
    I honestly
    1st. while drugs and guns had been in the inner cities for years, crack (originally called ready rock and freebase. it 1st appeared in the early 60's) changed the entire balance of drugs vs family structure.

some consider it a stretch but i do BELIEVE that it was a calculated effort. the payoff vs the chance that it would fail to produce the desired effects was very low. so it became a win-win for those in power whose purpose was to decimate the inner city. it was so brazen that most do not believe it was planned.

2nd why would it work so well? what was it about the "minorities" that made them more supceptible to fall for it. i believe it was a percieved hopelessness. with all the open hostility and violence towards POC and blacks in particular many just gave up. they saw it as a means of escape from the "problem" of being black in america. there were many organizations dedicated to bringing the black family back but they were fighting against a government that would spare no expense to prove their point that slavery should have never ceased. "just look at all the shiftless, lazy, dopeheads".

every black-focused organization was targeted to be dismanteled. mlk, malcolm x and the nation of islam, marcus garvey's pan-anfrican movement, the black panther party, us (a radical offshoot of the black panther party) were all demonized to the black community. they were then infiltrated and destroyed from within.

3rd speaking on the laws of that era and the enforcement there of. most laws were added to combat the plague of crime in the inner cities that grew exponentially after crack and gun violence had a stranglehold on the black community. the sentencing for these crimes were always wieghted against blacks. the effiect was even more families left fatherless. since it was a forced seperation, and not due to the just a drug adled father who traded his family for welfare, the black family was above a 50% rate of single parent households. even today the sentencing of crimes is disproporstionately applied.

now....with the VERY brief history lesson just laid out...

how do we solve the problems in the black community? remember..these are now (thanks to the shift of attack from racial to socio-economial) universal problems.

this IS the age of information. this knowledge is free and readily available to all.

focus on the black community (because of the outcry of institutional racism being the loudest , CRT, ergo) and we see families abandonded by fathers who chose something other than responsibilty. we see BOTH parents hooked on something (usually drugs. but anything can be an addiction, clothes, rims. anything that detracts from the overall well-being of the family). we see fatherless families, a young mother with children by multiple fathers of which NONE are present.

we see this across all communities now. when it was primarily a black problem, the actions taken by TPTB were used to make conditions worse.

back to the question i asked myself. how do "we fix this?"

"we" teach our children to value the family and not an xbox, facebook, jordan's, drugs, thugs, and hoes. we teach our children that hard work & perseverance leads to dignity. that self respect leads to respect for others which in turn brings respect from others.

now hopefully we can all see how i know that, what started as a black problem evolved (or more aptly, devolved) into all of our problem.

looking through the yesterday window. who does the blame fall on for the problems of the black community of the 60's and 70's? the "white" man who planned this or the black community who embraced the "freedom" with open arms?

looking at this through today's eyes...i ask again...how the hell is this problem in the black community the fault of today's "white" man?

1st. while drugs and guns had been in the inner cities for years, crack (originally called ready rock and freebase. it 1st appeared in the early 60's) changed the entire balance of drugs vs family structure.

some consider it a stretch but i do BELIEVE that it was a calculated effort. the payoff vs the chance that it would fail to produce the desired effects was very low. so it became a win-win for those in power whose purpose was to decimate the inner city. it was so brazen that most do not believe it was planned.

2nd why would it work so well? what was it about the "minorities" that made them more supceptible to fall for it. i believe it was a percieved hopelessness. with all the open hostility and violence towards POC and blacks in particular many just gave up. they saw it as a means of escape from the "problem" of being black in america. there were many organizations dedicated to bringing the black family back but they were fighting against a government that would spare no expense to prove their point that slavery should have never ceased. "just look at all the shiftless, lazy, dopeheads".

every black-focused organization was targeted to be dismanteled. mlk, malcolm x and the nation of islam, marcus garvey's pan-anfrican movement, the black panther party, us (a radical offshoot of the black panther party) were all demonized to the black community. they were then infiltrated and destroyed from within.

3rd speaking on the laws of that era and the enforcement there of. most laws were added to combat the plague of crime in the inner cities that grew exponentially after crack and gun violence had a stranglehold on the black community. the sentencing for these crimes were always wieghted against blacks. the effiect was even more families left fatherless. since it was a forced seperation, and not due to the just a drug adled father who traded his family for welfare, the black family was above a 50% rate of single parent households. even today the sentencing of crimes is disproporstionately applied.

now....with the VERY brief history lesson just laid out...

how do we solve the problems in the black community? remember..these are now (thanks to the shift of attack from racial to socio-economial) universal problems.

this IS the age of information. this knowledge is free and readily available to all.

focus on the black community (because of the outcry of institutional racism being the loudest , CRT, ergo) and we see families abandonded by fathers who chose something other than responsibilty. we see BOTH parents hooked on something (usually drugs. but anything can be an addiction, clothes, rims. anything that detracts from the overall well-being of the family). we see fatherless families, a young mother with children by multiple fathers of which NONE are present.

we see this across all communities now. when it was primarily a black problem, the actions taken by TPTB were used to make conditions worse.

back to the question i asked myself. how do "we fix this?"

"we" teach our children to value the family and not an xbox, facebook, jordan's, drugs, thugs, and hoes. we teach our children that hard work & perseverance leads to dignity. that self respect leads to respect for others which in turn brings respect from others.

now hopefully we can all see how i know that, what started as a black problem evolved (or more aptly, devolved) into all of our problem.

looking through the yesterday window. who does the blame fall on for the problems of the black community of the 60's and 70's? the "white" man who planned this or the black community who embraced the "freedom" with open arms?

looking at this through today's eyes...i ask again...how the hell is this problem in the black community the fault of today's "white" man?
    I’m having difficulty disagreeing with the vast majority of what you posted. My only hitch, is that it’s not a Black problem; it’s an American problem.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I honestly

I’m having difficulty disagreeing with the vast majority of what you posted. My only hitch, is that it’s not a Black problem; it’s an American problem.
    we are on the same page, paragraph, sentence, and word. if you read it carefully you will see how i do call it for what it is...an american problem...

i just gave context that many may have gone unnoticed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I honestly

Which is the point that most objecting to CRT have been trying to make. CRT proponents want to make it a Black and White problem, with the focus on Whites being the cause. That only sows further division, and doesn't address the problem, or more importantly, the solution.

There's a saying that DoggyMama uses on her daughter all the time. Her daughter is in a constant state of crisis. :rolleyes: DoggyMama always tells her to "get out of the problem, and into the solution." I think that's good advice.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I honestly

And as Americans we all have a responsibility to acknowledge the problem and work together to fix.

Stop the blame game and get on with it.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Which is the point that most objecting to CRT have been trying to make. CRT proponents want to make it a Black and White problem, with the focus on Whites being the cause. That only sows further division, and doesn't address the problem, or more importantly, the solution.
    and they never give any hint if a solution. the solution would cause everyone to know that the true problem has absolutely nothing to so with race.

they won't survive when the rest of us realize that no matter the color of your skin, the struggle is the same.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    and they never give any hint if a solution. the solution would cause everyone to know that the true problem has absolutely nothing to so with race.

they won't survive when the rest of us realize that no matter the color of your skin, the struggle is the same.
    Things will never change when everyone is pitted against everyone else. That’s the issue with CRT in a nutshell.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There is no fear. The problem is trying to sell an interpretation of history that is at odds with what so many believe. CRT is no different, and probably is related to, the movement a decade or so ago to question the decision to us atomic weapons against Imperial Japan in The Two and label it racist. I remember lefties insisting that we wouldn't have used those weapons against white people in Europe - ignoring, of course that VE Day was 1 1/2 months prior to the trinity test in the Nevada desert

The objection is to interpreting events disingenuously in the service of an agenda

I remember hearing that stuff and asking if the people spouting off about it had ever heard of Dresden. Adding up the numbers Curt Lemay was burning Japanese cities down every week causing far more casualties than Hiroshima.

What isn't commonly known is that there was a gas attack component to Operation Downfall in the event the A-bomb didn't work. The administration wasn't comfortable with this and had been polling Americans about the use of gas. Without knowledge of the development of the A-bomb, they found American opposition to using gas dropping swiftly as Downfall was looking more like a reality with all the American casualties that would come with it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That’s a post that would take a few hours. I can give you a reading list of resources. Not just from critics but CRT thinkers themselves.

ETA: that link you posted. The point of asking about what the name means is, did that article really tell you enough about CRT for you to form an opinion if it doesn’t even tell you why it’s even called that?
    What it told me was there are things that are and things that morph into someone wants them to be.

Then people can argue over both and conflate and confuse parts of one with the other to score points.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What it told me was there are things that are and things that morph into someone wants them to be.

I think the article didn't reveal all the things that are. So then, that would lead to someone thinking that it's morphing into what others want it to be. So have you decided that you'd like to find out for yourself? Would you like to read what they've written about it themselves? And would you like to see the scholarly criticisms of CRT? That, to me, would be the intellectually honest approach to it, rather than just take it from an article that doesn't really get into the details.

Then people can argue over both and conflate and confuse parts of one with the other to score points.
    Who is doing that? :dunno:

Top Bottom