• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Well, I have an ethical dilemma - I am sittin on several thousand rounds of 223/5.56 ammo - mostly PMC and Remington. Bought it when prices were low low low. Always be prepared right? Anyway, I can probably flip this for a tidy profit but is it right? I want to support my fellow shooters and it is pissing me off seeing all the retailers jack up the prices on all of us! However, I also have several mouths to feed and college tuition in my future. I have read where some think it is some kind of sin to try to make money now during all the panic buying whereas others use the fool and their $ sort of arguements to justify doubling or tripling prices

I could list it on gunbroker at 99 cents starting and no reserve i suppose. from what I have been seeing it may sell for $1 a round:dunno:

thoughts.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    If you had bought 3000 shares of stock at a low, low, low, price and now had a chance to sell them at a much higher price, what would you do?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I have an ethical dilemma - I am sittin on several thousand rounds of 223/5.56 ammo - mostly PMC and Remington. Bought it when prices were low low low. Always be prepared right? Anyway, I can probably flip this for a tidy profit but is it right? I want to support my fellow shooters and it is pissing me off seeing all the retailers jack up the prices on all of us! However, I also have several mouths to feed and college tuition in my future. I have read where some think it is some kind of sin to try to make money now during all the panic buying whereas others use the fool and their $ sort of arguements to justify doubling or tripling prices

I could list it on gunbroker at 99 cents starting and no reserve i suppose. from what I have been seeing it may sell for $1 a round:dunno:

thoughts.

If this is something you have had in your safe then pull it out and let the idiots scramble for it. Sellers market. Part with it if you feel this is the time as it is yours.
    My issue is with non-shooters buying up everything in sight and profiteering from it and the shelves are bare.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven

thoughts.
    You could just send it to me for safe keeping.:D

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I would sell but break the amounts into more manageable quantities. Should encourage more buyers/bidders in the $500 range than $3K

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You said you bought it to "be prepared". What's changed that you no longer need/want it?

Sell it if that will relieve financial stress, but ammo never seems to come down. You may end up wishing you'd kept it to shoot if you have to restock at higher prices down the road.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    There in no such thing as "too much ammo", that's like someone saying I have "too much money". I would keep it, and like Que said 3k really isn't that much.

Thanks guys! I agree 3000 rounds is not a lot but $3000 is. I seriously cannot believe that decent factory ammo is going for $1 or more a round on gbr but it is.

I think I may sell half and hold the rest and hope prices come back to reality sometime in 2013

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I want to buy a box or two of .223 rounds, but can't find any. I also won't pay crazy prices. People are crazy enough, you would probably get 3-4x what you paid for it atleast, but I won't. My friend has an AR and I wanted to have some rounds to be able to shoot it if I got the chance.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Sounds like a plan.

Frankly, if you are doing it to reduce debt. It is a good plan.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Que is right...3K is not that much. $3000 sounds enticing especially if you are strapped right now but $3000 is really not all that much once it hits the check book. Zoom, where did it go???

Top Bottom