• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Customer that already shuttered 4 stores had another store’s employees quit, wholesale. Everyone of them said they can now make more on unemployment than by working because of the “free” $600.00.

“Free” $600? I guess I missed that news tidbit. What’s that?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Customer that already shuttered 4 stores had another store’s employees quit, wholesale. Everyone of them said they can now make more on unemployment than by working because of the “free” $600.00.

People who quit their job are not generally eligible for unemployment.

Something about this story is off. (And it could very well be that the employees are all idiots; definitely can't rule that out.)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    People who quit their job are not generally eligible for unemployment.

Something about this story is off. (And it could very well be that the employees are all idiots; definitely can't rule that out.)
    Look, if by something is “off” you mean I’m lying, well, you know what you can do. Right now, EVERYONE filing for unemployment is getting it. All they have to do, even when “quitting”, is cite unsafe work environment. I’m telling you what actually ****ing happened, I’m folding my business for the moment to go and run that store. If you have a problem with me we can take it to PM, OR you can just put me on ignore.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Expanded unemployment benefits. It's an extra $600 per week for some time.

Yup. Thank Pelosi and the Democrats who held up the stimulus package for that. Had to insert a clause increasing unemployment compensation as part of their extortion to sign the bill. A lot of people warned that this might be exactly the result. Ted Cruz talks about it starting at 5:00min in this video:
    [video=youtube;HWtlUygUNkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWtlUygUNkA[/video]

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I didn't put 2 and 2 together that this was the dems $15 an hour min wage thing. I knew the $600 a week was bad, but that's not even the beginning.

We're in really really deep :poop::poop::poop:.

You think you needed to be prepared for the pandemic? Looks like it will be nothing compared to the "recovery." Better buckle in...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Look, if by something is “off” you mean I’m lying, well, you know what you can do. Right now, EVERYONE filing for unemployment is getting it. All they have to do, even when “quitting”, is cite unsafe work environment. I’m telling you what actually ****ing happened, I’m folding my business for the moment to go and run that store. If you have a problem with me we can take it to PM, OR you can just put me on ignore.

I very intentionally included the parenthetical to indicate that I was not making any such accusation. Something can be "off" because of miscommunications anywhere along the chain or because people misunderstand a new law.

The employees will each have to demonstrate that the work environment was unsafe. Simply operating an essential business will not likely be enough.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, and Camping Josh here’s this little tidbit for your all knowing self.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/26/cor...what-to-know-about-unemployment-benefits.html

in case you’re too lazy too actually read the article, here’s a tidbit.

Significantly, it also applies to those who quit their job as a “direct result of COVID-19.” People who quit their jobs don’t normally qualify for unemployment.

I never read the article just going by previous rules in place. If you quite you are not getting benefits.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

that's enough OK. Lets all just cool out please.

And no I can not put anybody on ignore so :p

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unless they've changed it, the Walmart I go to (U.S. 31 South) doesn't have them on the bottles, which frankly, surprised me. I usually get my booze at Kroger anyhow and they've got the tools at every register. I've not bought any liquor at Walmart for a few years, so maybe they've changed that now.

As far as the propane goes, it's hit or miss. They usually come out within 5 minutes or less (which seems like forever), but I have had to go back inside to remind them I'm waiting before. This last tank I bought, the guy with the key just happened to see me waiting (he was out gathering carts I think) and came and unlocked it. He told me they hadn't even called him yet. :rolleyes:

It must be based on the store's loss prevention metrics. BG Walmart has them. Many bottles at the Heartland crossing do. (Higher end Bourbon-like products are in a small (2x2) case... probably 6-8 skus) The neighborhood WM at Kentucky and 465 had such a problem the ENTIRE spirits case is locked and treated like guns: Ring a doorbell. Tell the associate what you want. They carry it to the front for you and when you get to the register you have to ask the cashier to go get it from the CSM/Self serve checkout station. The last (and final) trip I went through the self checkout because I saw where she took it. I got to the checkout but couldn't get the guys attention without yelling like an a-hole. When I walked over to get his attention, I lost my place in line and had to get behind another person. :xmad: I was NOT a happy camper. Luckily it was the store manager I snagged. He got a polite ear full. He was unsympathetic and a bit condescending "But do you know why we do it?" "No S, Sherlock. But that's not my problem you dont have better security and have to treat me and everyone else like a criminal."

that's enough OK. Lets all just cool out please.

And no I can not put anybody on ignore so :p

Agreed. I dont blame Vigilant because he is in a a high stress situation. Relax buddy. I dont think anyone was calling you a liar. I too think CJ was referring to idiots that didnt understand how unemployment works, have friends that are laid off (or hearing news stories) and decided they would proactively get into that game too. Boy will the joke be on them. I would LOVE to be there when they are told they dont qualify.

Hell, If I knew I wouldnt be bored off my butt, I too might sit on it for a bit to take a break and collect more cash than normal. But I'd go crazy and end up spending the extra and then some to stay occupied. So I'll keep working and staying busy.

On a side note, would you either tell the terrorists to stop growing, or stop updating your profile pic? Starting to feel old over here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    $600 per week. $15 per hour.

So....you aren't losing rocket scientists?

What kind of business is this?

Virtually every kind of business, not deemed "essential." Anyone that is layed off due to the pandemic. Anyone already on unemployment. Anyone, maybe just any anyone?

Food service, Hotel/hospitality, Taxi/Uber/etc, Fitness, Instructors and teachers of all sort, private contractors of all sort, a whole lot more that are in any way effected by business losses from the pandemic.

This federal money. Do we think the overwhelmed state unemployment folks will be picky about giving the "free" money out? Hell no they won't, and they'll be ready to let Nancy Pelosi know when they need more.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It must be based on the store's loss prevention metrics. BG Walmart has them. Many bottles at the Heartland crossing do. (Higher end Bourbon-like products are in a small (2x2) case... probably 6-8 skus) The neighborhood WM at Kentucky and 465 had such a problem the ENTIRE spirits case is locked and treated like guns: Ring a doorbell. Tell the associate what you want. They carry it to the front for you and when you get to the register you have to ask the cashier to go get it from the CSM/Self serve checkout station. The last (and final) trip I went through the self checkout because I saw where she took it. I got to the checkout but couldn't get the guys attention without yelling like an a-hole. When I walked over to get his attention, I lost my place in line and had to get behind another person. :xmad: I was NOT a happy camper. Luckily it was the store manager I snagged. He got a polite ear full. He was unsympathetic and a bit condescending "But do you know why we do it?" "No S, Sherlock. But that's not my problem you dont have better security and have to treat me and everyone else like a criminal."

Agreed. I dont blame Vigilant because he is in a a high stress situation. Relax buddy. I dont think anyone was calling you a liar. I too think CJ was referring to idiots that didnt understand how unemployment works, have friends that are laid off (or hearing news stories) and decided they would proactively get into that game too. Boy will the joke be on them. I would LOVE to be there when they are told they dont qualify.

Hell, If I knew I wouldnt be bored off my butt, I too might sit on it for a bit to take a break and collect more cash than normal. But I'd go crazy and end up spending the extra and then some to stay occupied. So I'll keep working and staying busy.

On a side note, would you either tell the terrorists to stop growing, or stop updating your profile pic? Starting to feel old over here.

I would tell them but they would not listen.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Virtually every kind of business, not deemed "essential." Anyone that is layed off due to the pandemic. Anyone already on unemployment. Anyone, maybe just any anyone?

Food service, Hotel/hospitality, Taxi/Uber/etc, Fitness, Instructors and teachers of all sort, private contractors of all sort, a whole lot more that are in any way effected by business losses from the pandemic.

This federal money. Do we think the overwhelmed state unemployment folks will be picky about giving the "free" money out? Hell no they won't, and they'll be ready to let Nancy Pelosi know when they need more.

They still haven't approved my unemployment or my wife's.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    $600 per week. $15 per hour.

So....you aren't losing rocket scientists?

What kind of business is this?
    Restaurant. And it’s not $600, it’s an EXTRA $600 on top of whatever benefit they qualify for which could be as high as $390 per week, so $990/ week for 4 months not too shabby for mailbox money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Restaurant. And it’s not $600, it’s an EXTRA $600 on top of whatever benefit they qualify for which could be as high as $390 per week, so $990/ week for 4 months not too shabby for mailbox money.

Damn that is near union wage bring home for skilled trades. WTAF people.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I keep looking for this, but I can't find anything. If that's the case, Chrysler is going to be very happy. No sub pay for hourly and cutting salary pay...

Top Bottom