• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sign is in poor taste due to its timing and our crazy "innocent until proven guilty" model. To say it isn't referring to the guy across the street is disingenuous according to what you have already stated above.

We had a guy live 4 houses down from us a few years ago that was a teacher nearby. He was accused of being on tape with a minor as well. He lost his teaching job, wife, and kids before the trial even was set. Became a black sheep of our community and lost everything. Trial came and the "video" was so dark you couldn't even tell the race of the individual let alone facial features. He was found to be innocent through cell records and the fact that he was in the hospital getting blood work done all day in the hours he was accused to being breaking the law. Later the girl admitted lying because she was mad that he didn't react to her when she told him her feelings about him.

So the teacher was released and got his job back, but quit soon after due to continued death threats. He is still divorced to this day. All because the only mistake he made was failing to report that some kid had a crush on him since he thought he dealt with it at the time.

Not saying the guy you are talking about in the OP is innocent in any way. Just saying that you friend is creating more harm than good with his sign until the trial is over. You just never know.

^This!
    None of us have all the facts yet on this case and Richard Kalecki Jr is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by his peers.

God forbid the guy with the sign ever gets ACCUSED of anything.

But anyway, the sign is highly inappropriate in regards to the kids. I imagine it will scare the **** out of them. Making them think there is some kind of horrible monster across the street who is so dangerous, Dad has to put a sign up to threaten his life. And who is it this evil monster wants to do horrible unspeakable things to: ME!.

Unfortunately, in his quest to show everyone he's a big, bad, gun-toting badass, he's going to have a couple of girls afraid to leave their house and jumping out of their skin at every little noise.

P.S. I'm always a little skeptical of people who go to such great lengths to say how disgusted they are with child molesters. What's the saying? "Thou doth protest too much".

So you signed up on INGO just to make this your first post... Really?

Hum... make me wonder if RiverParker = Richard Kalecki Jr? :dunno:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    actually, look it up and make sure it wasn't statutory rape before you go all willy nilly. I've seen lots of 19 year old guys get screwed over by their girlfriend's parents when they catch em getting freaky and they get registered.

Or some poor sap caught up in a divorce with an evil vindictive biatch who has made it her mission in life to destroy his, it happens.:dunno:

I live in a rural area and was stunned when they came out with the registry online. I have several within a few miles of my home, believe it or not, most are Amish. The two who are not, I know pretty well. Both claim the scenario I described above. One I believe; his child, that he was accused of molesting, recanted when he was about 12, but he's stuck on the list. The other guy, him I wonder about. I made it clear to my children from an early age that he was someone who was to be avoided.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Or some poor sap caught up in a divorce with an evil vindictive biatch who has made it her mission in life to destroy his, it happens.:dunno:

I live in a rural area and was stunned when they came out with the registry online. I have several within a few miles of my home, believe it or not, most are Amish. The two who are not, I know pretty well. Both claim the scenario I described above. One I believe; his child, that he was accused of molesting, recanted when he was about 12, but he's stuck on the list. The other guy, him I wonder about. I made it clear to my children from an early age that he was someone who was to be avoided.

Our family has had first hand experience with a false accusation. This person received death threats all because a little girl lied to try to get the attn a friend was receiving.

It's horrible either way, and often times the person really can't control their impulses which makes them dangerous.

I feel they aren't monsters, but people; and should be treated as such.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    ^^^ THIS ^^^ x 1000.

ANYONE can make an accusation. Molestation is, perhaps, the quickest and most effective means of destroying a person. Especially if that person's a teacher or other youth leader.

#1 example of this, George Zimmerman. I honestly think all names should be withheld from media until conviction. Granted, the names will come out without media, but the lynch mob mentality makes people guilty before being proved guilty. I also work for the media, but have a friend whose dad was accused of something. Had charges dropped but because of the media, the bullies at work made him quit because they messed with him.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    What happens if evidence is presented, that results in charges being dismissed, or even an acquittal?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Where is this online list you talk about?
    :dunno:

I'm too lazy to google this morning. :D

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I think provoking him is a bad idea.... The man is facing a sentence and its hard to tell how he is going to behave until then.

Should he decide to go postal, your friend just increased the chances he targets his kids.

This guy is sick... he did not commit a crime of opportunity. This sign might not be a deterrent for someone sick, like a "neighborhood watch" sign might be for a thief.

just my two cents... (and by no means am I saying your friend should cower, but I'm not sure provoking is a good idea)

he has only been accused of a crime.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    1. Warn your kids and watch them well.

2. Don't put up signs because it is cool to have a class of people we can threaten to kill even before the trial.

3. Focus on the teachable moment for your kids which is self care, self protection, talking to family, staying safe, and not public lynching parties virtual or literal.

4. Know that there are sex offenders on parole, past parole, awaiting trial all over. Run one of the databases and understand that if this is the thing you want to get obsessed with - you are gonna chase an army of them in a 1 mile area of your home.

5. The name of the game is protection. It is not eradicaton. In the end, the legal system is your friend and the police are your enforcers. Put up that sign and all of these allies will discount you as the nutter across the street instead of the concerned father in the neighborhood watch.

6. If you really want to do anything, watch and report if the guy does anything suspicious.

Otherwise keep your kids close and show them your love & care, not your fear or rage.

very good advice

Top Bottom