• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Any parent who is ok with any convicted child molester having physical contact with their child under any circumstance is at best grossly naive and at worst incredibly negligent.

Joe

What if the person convicted of the charges were on drugs and in a gang when the incident happened. Now they are clean, remarried, and have completely changed their lifestyle from when they were convicted. This is true from someone I know personally and would trust around any kid I would have in the future.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    1. Whether or not you have firearms in the house should be revealed on a "need to know" basis. The guy across the street does not yet need to know. Hopefully he never will.

2. IANAL, but I don't think this will be helpful if there is a confrontation in the future.

3. Will a picture of a Ruger LC9 or LCP really scare anyone? :)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What if the person convicted of the charges were on drugs and in a gang when the incident happened. Now they are clean, remarried, and have completely changed their lifestyle from when they were convicted. This is true from someone I know personally and would trust around any kid I would have in the future.

The stats on child molesters aren't very promising, as far as them only committing the crime once.

And if they are a drug-addled gang-banger child molester, I don't see how that makes the person any less guilty.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    1. Whether or not you have firearms in the house should be revealed on a "need to know" basis. The guy across the street does not yet need to know. Hopefully he never will.

2. IANAL, but I don't think this will be helpful if there is a confrontation in the future.

3. Will a picture of a Ruger LC9 or LCP really scare anyone? :)

Kind of like putting a "Beware of Dog" sign up next to your "I <HEART> my poodle" sign.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Any parent who is ok with any convicted child molester having physical contact with their child under any circumstance is at best grossly naive and at worst incredibly negligent.

Joe

There is safe and there is civilized and both can be accomplished at the same time given what was described by the poster.

I do not excuse their crimes nor would I trust them near my kids, butthe freedom that some "god fear'n" feel to go somewhere between full tilt and lynch mob is amazing.

They will, do, and should answer to the judges in thus life for their crimes. And they definitely will answer for them to the one judge of all when their time comes.

But remember, they aren't the only one who will answer - you will too.

So keep your kids safe, obviously keep them away from the bad guy, but keep the pitch forks in the garage. Remember, that while no man might judge you on how you treat these people - the law will both here and later.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The stats on child molesters aren't very promising, as far as them only committing the crime once.

And if they are a drug-addled gang-banger child molester, I don't see how that makes the person any less guilty.

I posted that story on the "they shouldn't be allowed other children again" stance people are taking. Drugs can mess you up bad (as does alcohol), get off that stuff and you might be completely different. Did he commit the crime, yes, but this person is not the same person as they are now. They have the conviction on the record and have to live with it. But the person who did the crime and the person they are now are not the same.

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone realize how light these sentences served are in a lot of cases? Also if they were in an 18 year old 17 year old girl situation you would know it by the charges listed.

For example, a charge listed as "35-42-4-3 - Child Molest" gets a sentence of "3 yrs IDOC, w/ 3yrs susp to pr".

How can anyone say the REPEAT offender did his time and should be left alone unstained by his past because he "served his time"? This man was no young kid learning a lesson, as if molestation falls into crazy teen activities anyway, this was a grown adult who knew what he liked. His time was pitiful, while his victims "time" is a life sentence. He is local to me and is now married to a mentally challenged woman with two young daughters. I sometimes see him walking the streets pulling a red wagon with a puppy in it. I mean come on, seriously?

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Sounds like he married their unlikelyhood to say no don't touch me there. I'd be sleepin with one eye open if I lived that close to a creep like that.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That would certainly explain his allegation that people who hate child molesters secretly harbor the same sick and twisted fantasies that the alleged perpetrator would have.

It wouldn't really explain the join date. And there are people that hate child molesters that secretly harbor the same sick and twisted fantasies. I've heard of quite a few Catholic priests coming out against child molesting but it almost seems like a hobby that runs parallel with that career path.

Ohnoes, am I that the accused now too? I'm guessing that the accused didn't join INGO 09/07/2012 and wait for someone to post about his situation. This site is getting pretty funny. Disagreeing with someone use to just get you called a troll, now you can be accused of being a child molester.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Besides that, I am a firm believer that firearms should NEVER be used as an object of intimidation.

hMMM...So here I would ask, if you open carry as I do, are you not showing some form of intimidation? I know I am intimidating the guy who would otherwise do harm into not doing his act while I am there.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I don't see anything wrong with a little intimidation, that's one of the reasons I OC. I don't see it as being any different than a LEO parked by the side of the road. People slow down and follow the speed limit laws when they know they are being watched, why should I care what a BG thinks of me and my .45?

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't see anything wrong with a little intimidation, that's one of the reasons I OC. I don't see it as being any different than a LEO parked by the side of the road. People slow down and follow the speed limit laws when they know they are being watched, why should I care what a BG thinks of me and my .45?

Shoot, even the place I do security at expressly asked us to open carry to show some intimidation, nothing like a law abiding crazed gun toting hoodlum to scare off the real nut jobs I say. :ar15:

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    "Shoot, even the place I do security at expressly asked us to open carry to show some intimidation, nothing like a law abiding crazed gun toting hoodlum to scare off the real nut jobs I say." Don't get too complacent. I did armed security too, and the BG's would still try me. Often, they try to get to either side before making the move. Be careful.

As for convicted felons. I've always felt that if they were going to be released, they should be injected with something 'day-glo' so you could spot them from a mile away. Color coded to fit the crime.Murderers-Red, Rapists-Pink, you get the idea. At night, they'd glow like a halogen lamp and be easy to spot and avoid.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have open hunting seasons on certain colors either. Just call in the shoot so somebody could pick up the body before it starts to smell.
    That kind of law would be a real deterrent, imho.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don't get too complacent. I did armed security too, and the BG's would still try me. Often, they try to get to either side before making the move. Be careful.

As for convicted felons. I've always felt that if they were going to be released, they should be injected with something 'day-glo' so you could spot them from a mile away. Color coded to fit the crime.Murderers-Red, Rapists-Pink, you get the idea. At night, they'd glow like a halogen lamp and be easy to spot and avoid.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have open hunting seasons on certain colors either. Just call in the shoot so somebody could pick up the body before it starts to smell.

Oh yeah, I agree. We have a team there, at least two if not three or four lately, and we have been tried and probed several times. Can't say where this is, but it is not one of the better neighborhoods. Even had a guy in a truck turn around in our lot only to go a few doors down and take three pot shots at someone. Some people eh? :dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    "Shoot, even the place I do security at expressly asked us to open carry to show some intimidation, nothing like a law abiding crazed gun toting hoodlum to scare off the real nut jobs I say." Don't get too complacent. I did armed security too, and the BG's would still try me. Often, they try to get to either side before making the move. Be careful.

Yeah, because never in history has anyone been falsely accused and convicted, right?

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011

Wow...So much wrong here. When you are in your "open season" and kill a "certain color" would you instantly start to glow as well?

Or does your perfect morals excuse your vigilantism?

Whats up Jesus, how have ya been?

Oh sorry, I missed your first part of being armed security. That explains your thoughts a lot better to me.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    :): I knew that would get a response. You're right. We should just set them free when they've done their time and let them back into civilization.
    We'll skip the open seasons then.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom