• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Dean, I ordered a Lightning Strike Industries steel striker for a backup. Figured if mine does break, I'll have a readily available replacement instead of having to send it back to Sig.

So...my P365 is in at the LGS that Dean recommended. Experiences here have given me some confidence that I should take it.

I am assuming it to be a recent build date but any build date that should be rejected?

Only problem is that leaves less cash on hand to make offers to Dean on his CZ's. :-)

Yep...I have been trying to avoid looking again...keep waiting for you to say "will trade for Randall knives".

So I have to ask which one of the two do you like?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So I have to ask which one of the two do you like?

The answer would be yes...but the AccuShadow is pretty sweet.

Anyone have any trigger return spring issues yet?

I'll be picking mine up tomorrow morning. First thing I will be doing is checking the mag issue MAC highlighted. Second thing will be a few hundred rounds and seeing about the primer drag "issue".

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    The answer would be yes...but the AccuShadow is pretty sweet.

I'll be picking mine up tomorrow morning. First thing I will be doing is checking the mag issue MAC highlighted. Second thing will be a few hundred rounds and seeing about the primer drag "issue".

Primer drag happens in all small guns like the P365. My Shield, XDS, and G43 all did the same thing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Made a quick range trip between appointments with the P365, P938, PC Shield and a CZ PCR by Wizard.

The more in depth positive reviews generally reflect my first outing experiences.

The short story is the P365 ran 100 rounds of mixed ammo flawlessly. It’s a very soft shooter with a surprisingly manageable grip for its small size. I was most accurate with the 12 round mag which would be expected but all in all I found it very accurate at 10 yards and was able to hit a 4 inch plate at 25 yards more or less consistently. I’d prefer a smaller FO front sight but that is just a personal preference.

I was much more consistent with the PC Shield with tighter groups but I also have many more rounds through the gun. The 938 has a snappier recoil and a crappy trigger.

The 365 is surprisingly small. Feels and carries smaller than its dimensions. So far, I am rather impressed with it. Granted, 100 rounds isn’t much of an endurance test.

I spent some time cycling all three mags and not a single one has even the slightest scratch. Gun has a build day of 6/7.

The primer drag does concern me. Not so much the fact that it drags but the amount. On most cases it appears to just touch the primer pocket.

The 365 is on the far left with the shield in the middle and the 938 on the right. This was the first round shot out of each gun cold with the same ammo.

f36505f50025b8d024ec7879c3c1fa40.heic

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Made a quick range trip between appointments with the P365, P938, PC Shield and a CZ PCR by Wizard.

I got to shoot a few mags yesterday through a fellow INGO'ers P365, and we compared it head-to-head with my P938.

Has a slightly different opinion that yours compared to the P938 however. I thought they both had a similar recoil profile, and I actually really love the P938 trigger.

Otherwise, I agree with you. The P365 is an amazing gun, shoots fantastically and has a trigger to die for. I also preferred the 12-round mag, but the 10-rounder still gave me decent purchase on the grip.

I love the fact that you can keep on shooting when you expect the gun to be empty!!! As I was going back and forth between the P938 and the P365, the P938 was so frustrating because it kept running out of ammo so quickly!

We shot some of my Federal HST 147 gr. +P ammo, and then some of my 124 grain JHP handloads (131 Power Factor) load, and the P365 ate them all without issues.

One of things that we looked at was the primer swipe, and just like yours, the P938 had NONE and the P365 had extreme primer swipe. Zero functionality issues however.

All-in-all, a really sweet gun. Not 100% sure I want to trade in my P938 for the P365 yet, but it is tempting for sure.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I could probably reword my P938 commentary.

The recoil is slightly less manageable (though still mild) due to (1) the rosewood grips are a little slick and (2) with the flush fit mag, I have about a finger and 1/2 purchase on the gun, whereas, the P365 allows a two finger hold. It is just a fraction of an inch but I sure notice it while going back and forth. The trigger in mine has a heavy wall that breaks a little inconsistently. I have never fired another P938 so it could be a need to a look at little closer at the contact points in the trigger and possibly throw on a pair of VZ or rubber grips.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I could probably reword my P938 commentary.

The recoil is slightly less manageable (though still mild) due to (1) the rosewood grips are a little slick and (2) with the flush fit mag, I have about a finger and 1/2 purchase on the gun, whereas, the P365 allows a two finger hold. It is just a fraction of an inch but I sure notice it while going back and forth. The trigger in mine has a heavy wall that breaks a little inconsistently. I have never fired another P938 so it could be a need to a look at little closer at the contact points in the trigger and possibly throw on a pair of VZ or rubber grips.

Yeah, that makes total sense. My P938 has the Hogue rubber grips, and I normally use my 7-round mag with the pinkie extension which give me a much better hold on the gun.

Both gun were pretty awesome... Dang, those 12 rounds are tempting for sure.

Right now, I carry 7 in the gun, and then an extra 6-round mag in my pocket in a Snagmag holder, which gives me 13 round total. I could carry the P365 and get the same capacity without an extra mag, or carry an extra mag for 25 rounds total. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Was on instagram this weekend and saw a picture from Galloway Precision of their P365 slide milling service that co-witnesses with the standard P365 sights. No need for suppressor height sights. I am looking more into this but might go this route to keep sight line over bore line as small as possible.

PwyXnEq.png

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The primer drag does concern me.
    Friend of mine just made a video that discusses this somewhat. Not professionally done but he's a firearm design engineer and this was his first time taking it apart.
    [video=youtube_share;cjNMQcrZ6IY]https://youtu.be/cjNMQcrZ6IY[/video]

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Friend of mine just made a video that discusses this somewhat. Not professionally done but he's a firearm design engineer and this was his first time taking it apart.

As you mention, not professionally done, but a great video nonetheless. Thanks for sharing that, and thanks to your friend to going this.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    [video=youtube_share;cjNMQcrZ6IY]https://youtu.be/cjNMQcrZ6IY[/video]
    Good thing he didn't decide to go into show biz!:): Seriously though, his video was very informative, especially regarding the striker (firing pin). I feel much more comfortable about the quality and durability of the pistol. Thanks for posting.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Interesting analysis. As my post shows, I am seeing significantly more primer drag but I have only 100 rounds through mine. My range is closed this week so the P365 is awaiting more testing and a holster before moving to a CCW.

All in all, I remain (fairly) confident in the firearm. As round count progresses, the striker is just something to pay a little more attention during a detail cleaning. I plan to pull a spent case every hundred rounds or so and see if the drag remains constant.

They are still flying out the door at the LGS I bought mine at and it is a small town store so either a lot of people don't have the internet or have $499 to $599 worth of confidence in Sig.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Interesting analysis. As my post shows, I am seeing significantly more primer drag but I have only 100 rounds through mine. My range is closed this week so the P365 is awaiting more testing and a holster before moving to a CCW.

All in all, I remain (fairly) confident in the firearm. As round count progresses, the striker is just something to pay a little more attention during a detail cleaning. I plan to pull a spent case every hundred rounds or so and see if the drag remains constant.

They are still flying out the door at the LGS I bought mine at and it is a small town store so either a lot of people don't have the internet or have $499 to $599 worth of confidence in Sig.
    Or maybe people don't believe in everything they see on the internet, or believe that what is shown doesn't truly represent a balanced perspective.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

Or they don't research a gun or maybe don't even fire a gun before carrying it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Made it to 3 gun shops today (2nd outing after surgery).
    I had the famous 365 in my hand today and it felt great.
    It is so small I can imagine some recoil if you are spoiled by larger 9mms.

I forgot to mention they sold them for $699!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Made it to 3 gun shops today (2nd outing after surgery).
    I had the famous 365 in my hand today and it felt great.
    It is so small I can imagine some recoil if you are spoiled by larger 9mms.

I just put about 300 rounds through it yesterday. Granted they were light loads, it was very easy to shoot. I’ll run some 115 gold dots through them soon and see if they’re much different. As small as the gun is, I don’t feel any compromise with the grip being too small, especially with the 12 or 10+pinky extension. I can’t imagine a bit more recoil will be a problem.

Top Bottom