• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Sig is reporting a very small number because unfortunately the vast majority of people who buy a P365 are very unlikely to shoot it allot in order to ever experience these types of failures. Much like my P938 after 1,500 rounds it went wonky and Sig had to replace darn near every part in the lower.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sig is reporting a very small number because unfortunately the vast majority of people who buy a P365 are very unlikely to shoot it allot in order to ever experience these types of failures. Much like my P938 after 1,500 rounds it went wonky and Sig had to replace darn near every part in the lower.

Yeah, my wife's P938 had to go back almost immediately due to the mag catch not working correctly and the mag would drop while shooting. When I called Sig they were like, "Oh yeah, that happens, we'll RMA it no problem". So glad I paid ~$700 for a gun with known issues... :rolleyes:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yeah, my wife's P938 had to go back almost immediately due to the mag catch not working correctly and the mag would drop while shooting. When I called Sig they were like, "Oh yeah, that happens, we'll RMA it no problem". So glad I paid ~$700 for a gun with known issues... :rolleyes:

Literally the exact same thing happened to mine. IMHO the P938 is a POS after that debacle

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Literally the exact same thing happened to mine. IMHO the P938 is a POS after that debacle
    C’mon man, everything Sig has produced in the past few years has been Beta’d by the sycophants that love SIG. The 290/“Oh we fixed it”290RS, 2022, 320, 365, MCX, MPX, shall I go on? With Cohen at the wheel, you’re going to get Beta guns until they get it right! Oh, I left out the 938, my bad, and a few others. Follow these numbers, 220, 225, 226, 228, 229, 230.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    C’mon man, everything Sig has produced in the past few years has been Beta’d by the sycophants that love SIG. The 290/“Oh we fixed it”290RS, 2022, 320, 365, MCX, MPX, shall I go on? With Cohen at the wheel, you’re going to get Beta guns until they get it right! Oh, I left out the 938, my bad, and a few others. Follow these numbers, 220, 225, 226, 228, 229, 230.
    If you look back over the years, you'll find problems reported with just about every gun manufactured. Since the internet every Tom, Dick and Harry been able to complain about the problems to the masses. I've had no problems with the only Sig I've ever owned, P 320. I only have about 1,500+ rounds through it though.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sorry...slow on the return.

9 to 12 weeks but I also said I was in no hurry.

Thanks. No problem. I've decided to wait. Concerned about trigger springs and firing pin breakage at this time. Seems like my P938 firing pin drags on the primer just like Tim's P365 on the Military Arms Channel. I was pricing new firing pins for it...just in case.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you look back over the years, you'll find problems reported with just about every gun manufactured.

This is, unfortunately, true. The marketplace got crowded and manufacturers are rushing to ship the next new hotness. H&K and Beretta seem to be largely immune, Glock next up but still with roll out hiccups, and Sig has had more than their share. The only Sig I've had issue with at low round count was one of the "new" long extractor models, it had to go back for a new extractor within 5k rounds. Short extractors, 40k+ with no issues. I've broken small parts from use (decocker, front sight insert), but with recoil spring changes and routine maintenance I've never had a failure that puts the gun down with short extractor "Classic" Sigs in any caliber.

Ruger bit me in the ass, and that was the last gun I've bought in the first two years of it's existence. I'll let others beta test.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Got mine out to the ranger over the weekend. Had one instance where the slide didn't lock back on an empty magazine but I forgot my maglula and wasn't looking to do a lot of magazine loading in 94 degree weather, so we only put 4 mags through.

We were just shooting clays on the berm, so I can't really speak to overall accuracy in my hands, but it did feel good and shot well.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    This is, unfortunately, true. The marketplace got crowded and manufacturers are rushing to ship the next new hotness. H&K and Beretta seem to be largely immune, Glock next up but still with roll out hiccups, and Sig has had more than their share. The only Sig I've had issue with at low round count was one of the "new" long extractor models, it had to go back for a new extractor within 5k rounds. Short extractors, 40k+ with no issues. I've broken small parts from use (decocker, front sight insert), but with recoil spring changes and routine maintenance I've never had a failure that puts the gun down with short extractor "Classic" Sigs in any caliber.

Ruger bit me in the ass, and that was the last gun I've bought in the first two years of it's existence. I'll let others beta test.

Reason why Hk is almost immune to shipping out lemons is because they spend way more money than most on R&D. Germans tend to be more tedious and OCD about their mechanics. Sig is not the German company it once was unfortunately

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    :lmfao:

Sorry....I've got a friend who owns a BMW. Seems like German engineering isn't always the bee's knees. :):
    A little off topic, but way back when a buddy of mine had a Volvo. He was always complaining about it. I asked him why he kept it. He said the only reason he kept it was so when people would fawn over it, he could tell them that it was the worst car he'd ever owned and a real lemon! BTW, American engineering got us to the moon and back. I think today, the emphasis on profit has taken precedence over quality. That and so much sub-contracting to the lowest bidder has put the durability of some parts in question. IMHO (and I'm not smart enough to be an engineer) it isn't the engineering that is the problem. Many pistols have been engineered well, but substandard parts will make a great design look terrible. QC needs to rise from the ashes. Some of these countries where parts are sub-contracted aren't the most ethical (by western standards) and the quality of basic materials is also questionable. Companies need to do like President Reagan said..."Trust but verify!"

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Well, I picked up my Sig P 365 today, so I guess by some folk's standards, I'm a beta tester. I'm certainly not an internet sensation. This is my second ever Sig, my other being a Sig P 320 Compact in 9mm. I disassembled it and cleaned it, including the bore. The lube (?) that comes on the pistol looks extremely thin. After I cleaned the pistol I lubed it with TW25b grease. When disassembling it for cleaning, there was a sense of slight roughness operating the slide. After reassembly, with the grease applied, the slide/ frame operation was smoother. I was shooting Remington factory 115 gr. fmj ammo. The trigger pull was a little stagey at first. The trigger pull weighs in at just over 8 lbs. Starting at 7 yds. it was no problem keeping all the shots in the 10 ring of a B-27 (PPC) target. At 24 yds. all shots were in the 9 ring. I'm pretty sure that the gun/ ammo would keep them in the 10 ring there also, but the weakest link, me, wasn't up to the task today. As I shot the pistol, the slide/ frame operation became smoother and the trigger pull as well. After I got home and cleaned the pistol and re-lubed it, the trigger pull was pretty darned smooth as was the slide/ frame movement. I have medium sized man hands and as has been noted elsewhere, the recoil impulse is very easily manageable, even with the 10 round flush magazine. The magazine release is a little bit awkward to engage, but there won't be any surprises because of the magazine being accidentally engaged when carrying in a pocket, etc. I put 200 rounds through the pistol today, including a few magazines run by a couple of experienced shooters. There were no malfunctions nor excessive wear. The other shooters shot the pistol very well and were favorably impressed. I shot quite a few drills, including 2 shots in 1 second and Mosambique Drills. All these drills were fired at 7 yards. It wasn't hard to keep all shots in the 9 ring of the B-27. I did let a few get out into the 8 ring (all me).

My EDC is a Kahr CM-9 with Crimson Trace laser and that is what I compare to the Sig P 365. The two pistols are very close in weight without magazines. The CM-9 weighs (with laser) right at 15 lbs. 15 1/2 oz. according to my scale. The Sig P 365 weighs 1 lb. 1/2 oz. (it doesn't have a laser attached...yet). They are very comparable in size. IMHO, both are true pocket pistols. Both pistols show a primer "wipe" on the spent primer. It hasn't been a problem with the CM-9 for many years. That being said, I don't shoot foreign primers/ factory ammo or steel cased 9mm ammo. I think it might be wise for me to continue avoiding those so as to hopefully prevent excessive stress on the firing pins of those pistols. The photos below show the fired primers of the Sig P 365 (top) compared to the primer strikes of my Sig P 320 Compact (bottom).

The little Sig didn't run a marathon today, just a sprint, so we'll see how it does in the long haul, but so far, so good. BTW, my example was made 5/18/2018.
    l739BvR.jpg

16bcTyW.jpg

VVQDsrb.jpg

017ZvCE.jpg

yZxtHis.jpg

q3tibhl.jpg

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Nice write up! I am not yet ready to give up my CM9 as my EDC. But maybe next year the Sig 365 will be problem free and my new EDC.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Nice write up! I am not yet ready to give up my CM9 as my EDC. But maybe next year the Sig 365 will be problem free and my new EDC.

Mine is already problem free. I never thought I'd like a Sig this much, but it's a little gem. Admittedly, only 500 rounds so far. But if it breaks, I'll simply get it fixed. Seems like a solid design from what I can tell. Not overly complicated. After fiddling with the mags for a while, I kinda gotta wonder why it was so difficult to make a 10 round mag this size in 9mm. They are not overly difficult to load, and I haven't had any feeding problems.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Good luck. It's an interesting little gun if they get it sorted.

I'm guessing the top photo is of the brass from the 365?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Dang; I am no expert but that is a lot of striker drag. Never seen anything that severe. One, maybe two, of the three, look like the striker drug the primer right to the case.

Is this typical of what the other INGO P365 owners are seeing?

All this assuming the P365 is the top pic of spent cases...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Dang; I am no expert but that is a lot of striker drag. Never seen anything that severe. One, maybe two, of the three, look like the striker drug the primer right to the case.

Is this typical of what the other INGO P365 owners are seeing?

All this assuming the P365 is the top pic of spent cases...

My spend brass looks exactly the same and I have 5x as many rounds through mine , also the trigger breaks in nicely to a crisp 5lb pull according to my handy dandy trigger pull gauge.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    How about the magazine gouges MAC (Military Arms Channel) is talking about and relating to premature trigger failure?

I’m not trying to start flaming the P365 just trying to figure out if this is the internet taking typical (by 2018 standards) QC issues and blowing them out of proportion or not.

When my arrives, I’ll likely put 500-1000 rounds through it quickly and then as a CCW it will see a mag or two a week. Confidence is a must.

b52c0fb943000829dc93608e2b5a978e.jpg

Top Bottom