• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbizzle3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I shot one last week as a rental. It was fantastic, trigger was decent for a subcompact, controls were manageable, and you really cant beat 10+1 in that size. I'll be getting one as soon as I have the $$

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What would you guys who've shot the P365 say that the trigger is comparable to?

A good Sig P320 trigger. (Earlier ones were variable in their trigger quality)
    If you've ever shot an FNS pistol, it is comparable in feel and reset.
    Better than a Glock, no mush. Comparable reset feel.
    Not as light as a PPQ, but I wouldn't want it to be in a gun this small.
    Comparable to a new M&P Compact 2.0, but a more distinct reset.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What would you guys who've shot the P365 say that the trigger is comparable to?

This really depends. I've handled a couple of them and the triggers all varied. Most had short resets, but some had a very short pull that would remind you of a CZ P10, so a little take up, a wall, then a break. While others had some take up, somewhat of a wall, some travel, then break; so maybe smooth glockish?

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Just got handle my friend's 365 today.
    Not really sure I am crazy about the mag release.
    I had to adjust my grip a couple of times to get it to drop.
    The trigger is very nice.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just got handle my friend's 365 today.
    Not really sure I am crazy about the mag release.
    I had to adjust my grip a couple of times to get it to drop.
    The trigger is very nice.

The grip is a little on the small side. I also have to adjust a little to drop a mag. But this isn't a tactical/service type pistol. I'm not worried about mag changes with 10+1 capacity in a pocket pistol. I can even do the 12+1 mag in the pocket in a couple of my jean shorts. Beats the hell out of a J frame, which is the mission that I find this pistol to be well suited for.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The grip is a little on the small side. I also have to adjust a little to drop a mag. But this isn't a tactical/service type pistol. I'm not worried about mag changes with 10+1 capacity in a pocket pistol. I can even do the 12+1 mag in the pocket in a couple of my jean shorts. Beats the hell out of a J frame, which is the mission that I find this pistol to be well suited for.
    I'm thinking, if I decide to go with the P 365 for EDC, that I may quit carrying a spare mag, like I do with my Kahr CM-9. That would accomplish two things. I wouldn't worry about mag changes and I'd have less stuff to carry around. Like you said, this is a personal defense pistol.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

I'm thinking, if I decide to go with the P 365 for EDC, that I may quit carrying a spare mag, like I do with my Kahr CM-9. That would accomplish two things. I wouldn't worry about mag changes and I'd have less stuff to carry around. Like you said, this is a personal defense pistol.

Yeah, I have thought about the same thing. I currently carry a SIG P938 with the 7-round magazine, and then a backup 6-round mag for a total of 13 rounds. It would be nice to go without the backup mag, and 12 rounds vs. 13 rounds is not a huge difference, but it would be great not to have to carry the extra mag.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    What are people paying for these now? I saw one on gun broker for $650. Finally handled one at a gun shop today and they wanted $599 + tax.

I was bored Friday night, and noticed Big R's flyer showed 10% off regular price of all handguns. So I took a drive to the one in Marion just to look around. Figured it would be just looking, then grab something to eat and head home.

Lo and behold, top left corner of the case of 9mm's, right by a slew of Glocks, sat a P365 marked $519.99. Minus 10%, plus tax, $500.70 out the door! I felt pretty darn fortunate. I should have bought a lottery ticket after that!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was bored Friday night, and noticed Big R's flyer showed 10% off regular price of all handguns. So I took a drive to the one in Marion just to look around. Figured it would be just looking, then grab something to eat and head home.

Lo and behold, top left corner of the case of 9mm's, right by a slew of Glocks, sat a P365 marked $519.99. Minus 10%, plus tax, $500.70 out the door! I felt pretty darn fortunate. I should have bought a lottery ticket after that!

Nice score. Let us know what you think when you shoot it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, I have thought about the same thing. I currently carry a SIG P938 with the 7-round magazine, and then a backup 6-round mag for a total of 13 rounds. It would be nice to go without the backup mag, and 12 rounds vs. 13 rounds is not a huge difference, but it would be great not to have to carry the extra mag.

I carry an extra mag regardless of the capacity. It's more of a redundant, in case I need it, have a malfunction type of thing for me. Now that said, under certain circumstances would I be able to successfully deploy it in that situation? Maybe, maybe not, but at least it would be possible.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Right place, right time, right price! Good score!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That was me lol, but I buy allot from Bass N bucks so generally speaking I get preference. They are also one of the only Sig Elite dealers in Indiana so they get the most 365's compared to other dealers who go through distributors.

Stopped into Bass N Bucks and got a P365 in hand. Put my name on the $499 list at number 41. Pretty impressed they are keeping the price low. I am not a regular there but am more than willing to wait to give credit to their very fair pricing!

I tried to drop Dean Crail on them for a bump up the list but didn't work.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Stopped into Bass N Bucks and got a P365 in hand. Put my name on the $499 list at number 41. Pretty impressed they are keeping the price low. I am not a regular there but am more than willing to wait to give credit to their very fair pricing!

Hahaha if Glen (the owner) was working the counter he might have actually placed you lower on the list :laugh::ingo:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

Did they give you any indication how many weeks that might be?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    [video=youtube;fLCi33vBdUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLCi33vBdUE[/video]
    I really like Colion Noir's videos. His take on the new P365 mirrors a lot of my initial thoughts.

I have owned and carried the Shield 9, Kahr PM9, Glock 43 and Walther PPS 9mm. For me, my new P365 renders all of them completely obsolete. It blows them all away, not only in capacity, but in shootability as well. The recoil impulse is extremely manageable, even with +P ammo. It shoots softer than any of the other single-stack polymer 9mms that I've owned.

The P365 is damn near Glock 19 capability with PM9 carryability. I really hope Sig does more with this platform than just the P365 sized pistol. A Glock 19 sized P365 with maybe 17+1 capacity and a 4" barrel would be perfect. Sig finally figured out how to make a good striker fired pistol without the goofy ass high bore axis on the P320. Now they need to run with the design.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody had a firing pin issue yet, how many rounds down range so far? Seems there are significant issues from poorly made parts, and I wanted to try this out!! I'm waiting to see how it goes for now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom