• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sure, fine.

"Work without compensation in a time as agreed upon, and without any explanation of when exactly they will get paid."

Feel better?

iEixwPO.gif

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    It looks like to me that without some kind of pressure, Congress will never address the issues that they keep kicking down the road.
    It's a shame that so many people are caught between the two people that are in charge, but it is what it is and without the pressure the country's national security is in grave danger. Take away the shutdown and Nancy will renige on any promise just like she has in the past and our imagration problem will never be addressed. Send all of the illegal immigrants to Nancy's neighborhood see how she responds.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Same as when Obama did it. But he didn't wear a red hat so...

Did federal employees miss a check? I don't remember that being the case. So if they didn't, it's not really similar; at least speaking in the topic of federal employees getting paid.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Did federal employees miss a check? I don't remember that being the case. So if they didn't, it's not really similar; at least speaking in the topic of federal employees getting paid.

It was 17 days, so yeah. Some people missed checks. Same with the Clinton ****down in 95 for 21 days, but only Trump is bad.

Asdf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Reno
    For those who think it's immoral to build a wall. You should tear down your fences around your residence, unlock you doors and your windows to allow anyone to come into your property and your home and let them take what they want.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    you do know they will get all there back pay when it is over right?

Yeah, I know.
    I, for the life of me, can't figure out, that the people saying the above are independently wealthy fat cats and think that because federal employees are going to get back pay it's not a big deal, or if they really are that much out of touch.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yeah, I know.
    I, for the life of me, can't figure out, that the people saying the above are independently wealthy fat cats and think that because federal employees are going to get back pay it's not a big deal, or if they really are that much out of touch.

if one month not bring in any money will ruin people they have other problems.....like living out of there means....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    if one month not bring in any money will ruin people they have other problems.....like living out of there means....
    No no no...life just isn't that easily defined. We have NO IDEA what is going on in their lives are or how they live and it's wrong to assume you do. Maybe they had savings and an emergency came up and had to use it. Now they are broke. Is that still irresponsible? I just take issue with the internet determining their fiscal responsibility based on NOTHING but assumptions.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I guess I’m a fat cat for living within our means and having enough back to cover bills in case something like this happens. Then again we don’t have new cars, $100 cable bills, buy more than we can afford, have the latest phones and go out to eat every meal. I have a red hat too so obviously that means we are racist fat cats.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes they did. There were a lot of hoops jumped through to stop their pay and then restart it (with back pay). So yes, it is really similar. But back then it was the Republican Congress that was blamed. This time it's the Republican President that's being blamed. See a pattern here as to whom the blame is assigned?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Republicans/Trump won't capitulate, thus they are at fault. Blue Wave, or something. Elections only have consequences when they win

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom