3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    18 million???? That's the figure we're going with? That's hell of a LOT of illegals, working jobs where taxes are taken out. So how many more are drug dealers, rapists, and gang members, or are they included in the 18M figure, and just moonlight doing the bad things?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    18 million???? That's the figure we're going with? That's hell of a LOT of illegals, working jobs where taxes are taken out. So how many more are drug dealers, rapists, and gang members, or are they included in the 18M figure, and just moonlight doing the bad things?

Yeah, I thought the current number is 11M, total.

And of course, they're all exactly alike, in the same economic situation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It'd be great if congress could plug that hole. Hell, they've had the votes for the last two years and Trump did absolutely nothing.

Of course, that article is from 2012. I'd be curious what the current figures are.

Well it took Obama eight years to get us well on the road to ruin. Can't Trump have at least that long to fix everything

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well it took Obama eight years to get us well on the road to ruin. Can't Trump have at least that long to fix everything

Wha?

The Child tax credit was set long before he took office. Trump was suppose to make these yuge improvements and simplifications to the tax code.

If you're going to make and promise, then try to claim you did it, you should at least get some of the low hanging fruit like this situation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The point (and why do I even have to tell you this?) is missing a months worth of checks SHOULD be no more than a blip to the vast majority of people. Everybody is well aware that proper money management requires them to have several months of income socked away. If they do not, that is THEIR problem. Not mine, yours or Trumps. It comes down to (again) personal responsibility and the left's ardent desire to avoid same although in this particular situation it applies to many people in general.
    Or said another way...

How DARE you suggest there is something immoral about my beloved shutdown! Well you can’t have it. It’s MY shutdown and I’ll just blame the people not getting paychecks even though that does not justify the shutdown. It’s their fault because they don’t listen to our financial lord and savior, David Ramsey.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Or said another way...

How DARE you suggest there is something immoral about my beloved shutdown! Well you can’t have it. It’s MY shutdown and I’ll just blame the people not getting paychecks even though that does not justify the shutdown. It’s their fault because they don’t listen to our financial lord and savior, David Ramsey.

Maybe they will listen now. Could turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to them

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Remind me which check that is? :dunno:

I also noticed that you've replaced the long standing "illegal alien" with "illegal Invader".

1. Are there any "legal" invaders?
    2. I hope you didn't criticize the left when they adopted the term, "undocumented citizen".

EDIT: And the more important point: many employees are not gone - they simply aren't getting paid on time. You can't miss what hasn't stopped.

Well, their fraudulently inflated tax refund checks for one, since the IRS will be processing refunds.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wha?

The Child tax credit was set long before he took office. Trump was suppose to make these yuge improvements and simplifications to the tax code.

If you're going to make and promise, then try to claim you did it, you should at least get some of the low hanging fruit like this situation.

I was just pointing out how easily people slide from 'Trump won't/can't do anything he is promising, you're all being suckered' to ignoring the promises he has kept or attempted to keep and criticizing him because he hasn't fixed everything they think should be fixed

I suspect if Mitt Romney had done everything Trump has done, but in a more cultured way; and failed to do what you perceive Trump has failed to do, you would be praising him as the greatest thing since sliced Moroni. You need to stop letting your feelings about the man colour your feelings about the job he is getting done. I still think he is the only one of the fifteen who could have brought us this far. I've seen way to many Republicans lay down their swords for no higher purpose than they wish to be liked, to find their self worth exclusively in the adulation of others

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was just pointing out how easily people slide from 'Trump won't/can't do anything he is promising, you're all being suckered' to ignoring the promises he has kept or attempted to keep and criticizing him because he hasn't fixed everything they think should be fixed

I suspect if Mitt Romney had done everything Trump has done, but in a more cultured way; and failed to do what you perceive Trump has failed to do, you would be praising him as the greatest thing since sliced Moroni. You need to stop letting your feelings about the man colour your feelings about the job he is getting done. I still think he is the only one of the fifteen who could have brought us this far. I've seen way to many Republicans lay down their swords for no higher purpose than they wish to be liked, to find their self worth exclusively in the adulation of others

I bet Germans were saying the exact same thing in the early 1930s. Actually, they were.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Really? They had a Mitt Romney of their own?

Nice laboratory demonstration of Godwin's law, though!

Want to add
    anything about train schedules? Bueller? Bueller?

Edit: Have not heard anyone declare 'Arbeit macht frei' with respect to those not being paid in the shutdown, either

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Peeps need to harmonize this whole 'muh principles' thing with the realities of our situation.

I would bet that the colonists who fought the British thought of themselves as honourable men and wished other men to think so of them, but they also knew that to confront the British in textbook pitched battles using their rules of engagement would only lead to defeat. So they ambushed them, fired on them from concealment and slipped away, sabotaged their logistical infrastructure. This style of fighting would have earned them the contempt of the people they were fighting, but they did not allow that to deter them from their purpose and eventually they overcame their opponents, though it was a near thing

Arguably, they adapted their methods to what worked; not to the shifting tides of public opinion. We are in similar straights today, we need to use what works. War just pushes the parameters harder and faster

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom