• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ummm, THIS!!!!!! Most, *****ing about this “WALL”, have never stood that “wall”. Jack Nicholson (the two-bit douchebag that he is) said it best, “you can’t handle the truth”! Truth is, it IS a National Security problem, and big fences make good neighbors. I could give two ****s about who pays for it, or for the grammar nazis, I couldn’t give two ****s who pays for it, just bring it! Cut entitlements, take more from me as a business owner, take that money back from blueberry research, funding the arts, and high school and collegiate athletics. Budget the country as a household, and I guarantee, security of the borders becomes import@nt.

I don't know for sure, but isn't college athletics a net gain, comprehensively, for state colleges?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Welfare is a net gain for those on it.

Farm subsidies are a net gain for farmers.

I am sure you would make a case against one or the other.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Still shut down....still could not possibly care less.
    The entire federal government can fade into the mist as far as I am concerned...good riddance.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    MmnLyCm.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Still shut down....still could not possibly care less.
    The entire federal government can fade into the mist as far as I am concerned...good riddance.

Spoken like a person who hasn't thought that notion through entirely.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Spoken like a person who hasn't thought that notion through entirely.

Spoken like a Big Government Progressive Democrat. I am not saying that you are, just that it is what you sound like.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Spoken like a Big Government Progressive Democrat. I am not saying that you are, just that it is what you sound like.

I sound like a "Big Government Progressive Democrat," for pointing out that the hopes that the federal government fading away, might not be so well thought out an idea? Perhaps, you simply wanted to get a jab in, as is your custom, rather than think critically about what was said.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I sound like a "Big Government Progressive Democrat," for pointing out that the hopes that the federal government fading away, might not be so well thought out an idea? Perhaps, you simply wanted to get a jab in, as is your custom, rather than think critically about what was said.

Well, fading would seem to be a gradual and somewhat orderly process with time for state-level replacements to develop to replace governmental functions deemed necessary but not enumerated powers

I believe the various states co-operated and co-ordinated quite well before they felt the need to band together in order to throw off British tyranny. I see no reason to conclude they could not do so now under the constitutional framework

Although neither of you provide much detail, it seems that as you wish to take BigRed to task, you should elucidate what about the FedGov fading away is not well thought out

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No, Sir. I have a belief that the federal government is a bloated monster that could use a lot of downsizing.

I can not say anything to you even with a disclaimer that doesn't wiggle your chip.

If you think that shutting down non essential parts of the government is wrong, then it seems to me that you must think that government is just right.

If these areas are non essential then give them to the States, or cut out the bureaucracy. There are a bunch of federal government operations that are not authorized by the Constitution. Many of which could be completely scrapped or at least paired down drastically.

For a list PM Rambone and I am sure he will oblige.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, fading would seem to be a gradual and somewhat orderly process with time for state-level replacements to develop to replace governmental functions deemed necessary but not enumerated powers

I believe the various states co-operated and co-ordinated quite well before they felt the need to band together in order to throw off British tyranny. I see no reason to conclude they could not do so now under the constitutional framework

Although neither of you provide much detail, it seems that as you wish to take BigRed to task, you should elucidate what about the FedGov fading away is not well thought out

There's more to unpack. If one supports keeping the government shut down, following that up with a hope that the federal government "fades away," then "fades aways" because of the continued shutdown of the US government, is a greatly accelerated premise. It would lead to the inevitable collapse of the nation in relatively short order.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, Sir. I have a belief that the federal government is a bloated monster that could use a lot of downsizing.

I can not say anything to you even with a disclaimer that doesn't wiggle your chip.

If you think that shutting down non essential parts of the government is wrong, then it seems to me that you must think that government is just right.

If these areas are non essential then give them to the States, or cut out the bureaucracy. There are a bunch of federal government operations that are not authorized by the Constitution. Many of which could be completely scrapped or at least paired down drastically.

For a list PM Rambone and I am sure he will oblige.

You mind directing me to where this belief was ever expressed by yours truly?

Top Bottom