• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Hire our neighbors from the south to build the wall, shouldn't be a problem as they are doing most of the construction in this country already.
    When wall is complete have them paint the south side of it.
    Problem solved.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Life begins when the government says it begins, and ends when they say it ends. Apply purple... kinda.

Seems reasonable when you're developing policy around such things, that you have to draw a line somewhere. When is a person legally dead is a grey area, but it is necessary for the order of society to have an unambiguous answer. Same for when life begins.

Religion, except when it violates the rights of others, is an excellent determinant for personal conduct. However, in a religiously diverse, religiously free society, religion is not the proper public policy determinant for things like this. You can use your religious views to inform your opinions about when life starts, when a "soul" begins. But, that's, like just your opinion, man.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Euthanasia is but a bill away, or possibly a supreme court ruling.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Euthanasia is but a bill away, or possibly a supreme court ruling.

You mean like assisted suicide? Or something more ****ty, like someone else being able to make the decision to euthanize? I don't think we're all that close to the latter, but I have to say I don't oppose the former.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kind of like a Red Flag Law for the obsolete.

So you're talking about the Orwellian sense. I think it could happen. There are already death panels in the VA. But they stop far short of actual euthanasia. But if we go single payer healthcare, it seems Orwellian euthanasia would eventually be on the table. It's not on the table as far as I can see in countries which have single payer. At least not directly. But it's a changing world.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Seems reasonable when you're developing policy around such things, that you have to draw a line somewhere. When is a person legally dead is a grey area, but it is necessary for the order of society to have an unambiguous answer. Same for when life begins.

Religion, except when it violates the rights of others, is an excellent determinant for personal conduct. However, in a religiously diverse, religiously free society, religion is not the proper public policy determinant for things like this. You can use your religious views to inform your opinions about when life starts, when a "soul" begins. But, that's, like just your opinion, man.

Although I agree with all of this, religious views aside, I believe life begins as soon as the sperm breaks the walls of the egg. But, I guess it’s a little off topic so I won’t derail the thread ;)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It's already hurting a lot of good places. Unless you like viewing Yosemite, Yellowstone, etc. with mounds of trash and human waste starting to accumulate. Heck, we've already got San Francisco and Seattle if we want to see that.

Turn them over to the states.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Hire our neighbors from the south to build the wall, shouldn't be a problem as they are doing most of the construction in this country already.
    When wall is complete have them paint the south side of it.
    Problem solved.

Then they'd just wait until night-fall and come back across through one of the secret doors that they had built into the wall.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    All (ok most) of the people I hear saying this have ZERO background in these types of complex security issues.
    What I've seen from personal experience is that usually the guys downrange focused on the mission have a better handle on things than the beurocrats sitting in a comfy office with the goal of self promotion and wealth. In this case it's the Border Agents and they overwhealmingly say the new wall will help them and help our country
    So I don't care what it costs get it built. If people are gonna ***** and moan about the costs of something that helps our country then they need to start cutting cost on all the BS we dont need. Time to start kicking in doors for student loan recovery too.
    Ummm, THIS!!!!!! Most, *****ing about this “WALL”, have never stood that “wall”. Jack Nicholson (the two-bit douchebag that he is) said it best, “you can’t handle the truth”! Truth is, it IS a National Security problem, and big fences make good neighbors. I could give two ****s about who pays for it, or for the grammar nazis, I couldn’t give two ****s who pays for it, just bring it! Cut entitlements, take more from me as a business owner, take that money back from blueberry research, funding the arts, and high school and collegiate athletics. Budget the country as a household, and I guarantee, security of the borders becomes import@nt.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Although I agree with all of this, religious views aside, I believe life begins as soon as the sperm breaks the walls of the egg. But, I guess it’s a little off topic so I won’t derail the thread ;)
    So, with that anecdote, does citizenship begin when one breaks the plane of the border? If so, we’re arguing a moot point?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom