Showing crowd rejoicing in Bin Ladens death wrong?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    He was a bad guy. He got what was coming to him.

I don't think celebrating death is a good thing though. Celebrating the end of a war is totally acceptable, celebrating a job well done is also acceptable. I'll raise a glass to the SEALs who completed the mission.

When the war on terror is over, I'll be dancing in the street too.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    One of our biggest faults as a country is we try to take the high road in matter like this.
    They danced all over the middle east to celebrate 9/11

Don't worry about giving them more reason to hate us they already do.

In my own humble opinion we should be giving them reason to fear us. Fear in Arabic is respect

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think that dancing in the streets is appropriate. Maybe churches should be offering services this day for Americans to pray and reflect on the many sacrifices that have been made in order to bring Bin Laden to justice.
    Those kids at the colleges having their impromptu parties should instead go to the airport and personally thank every man and woman in uniform for their service to our country.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Rejoicing at the destruction of evil can not be a bad thing. Okay, some people just act like retards but they do that all the time anyway.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    Congratulations to the US military establishment for finally lancing this long standing and painful boil on our collective rearends!! My celebration was short lived and consisted of a prolonged Yeeesss! and fist pump followed by raising a glass in a toast to the the men and women who serve their country. Also a toast to the thousands who died at the hands of this butcher.

Keep a tight rein on your celebrations as you are going to need to save your strength for the long fight we have ahead of us. Make no mistake they intend to keep tearing down our way of life. This isn't even a speedbump for them. We shall have to continue the fight against this evil for all time. The battle didn't just start in 2001. It's been going on since the 7th century thanks to the Holy Quran that our beloved POTUS enjoys quoting. Have you noticed how he's really getting into this patriotic thing, flags, prayers, and honoring the military. What's next, a hog roast on the South Lawn?

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    In my opinion there is a fundamental difference between their celebrating and ours...
    They were celebrating an unprovoked (IMO) attack on thousands of civilians
    We are celebrating the death of an single enemy combatant leader who is the face of a terrorist organization.

It's mostly a PR victory in my book. He probably hasn't been leading anything in a couple years. Regardless, happy he's gone.

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    He killed thousands but even if he only killed one, if we want to celebrate him being shot in the face then there is nothing wrong with it. Don't hide your happiness or national pride because people that are nuts, that already hate us, hate us for no good reason, and that murder us as often as they can might get upset about it.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    He killed thousands but even if he only killed one, if we want to celebrate him being shot in the face then there is nothing wrong with it. Don't hide your happiness or national pride because people that are nuts, that already hate us, hate us for no good reason, and that murder us as often as they can might get upset about it.

Trust me I'm beyond happy, I spent a year not too far from where he was killed and am extremely proud of our boys.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Should we hide the crowds rejoicing?

I was very happy to hear the news of the death of UBL. I see nothing wrong with showing a little celebration over killing someone that wants to destroy our way of life. Perhaps those that do see a problem have not been personally affected by the deaths this man caused. I DO UNDERSTAND THE COST.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    dont think i would have taken to the streets, but ill toast his demise tonight. im pretty happy to see groups of college kids not acting like ******* though. good for them.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I do not think it is wrong. I will also think nothing less of anyone in America that wants to celebrate this. I personally will not be out in the streets cheering but to each their own.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Don't gloat when your enemy falls, and don't let your heart rejoice when he stumbles, or the Lord will see, be displeased, and turn His wrath away from him.

Proverbs 24:17-18

Top Bottom