Showing crowd rejoicing in Bin Ladens death wrong?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I'm glad he was caught and gotten rid of...but I think the dancing in the streets was .....not us. Since when does the only super power in the world celebrate like it's a national holiday over the death of one man? Doesn't change anything, except we did what we told them we would do..find them and kill them. We aren't THEM and shouldn't be acting like THEM.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    dance in the streets! **** off some terrorist and make them come out and fight or at least make a mistake so we can find where they are hiding. thats why i think they should have drug osamas body through times square and posted it on TV. use some psychological warfare to trip out our enemies. if you dont like it then dont turn on your TV. this is WAR! do you whiners want me to show you pictures of our dead Brave Men who died at these bastards hands? will that make you mad enough to at least dance in the streets and celebrate osamas death? maybe if these guys are finally scared of what we will do to them they will screw up. i'll tell you what they do to us! they chop off our heads and burn us and drag us through their streets, and fly planes into our buildings killing civilians intentionally.

I think celebration is warranted!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Loved it!!

Comparing the celebration to Muslim's celebrating is going a little too far. There weren't hundreds of AK's being held up and fired! ;)

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Nope, I'd be doing the electric slide, twist, bus stop, the cha cha slide, heck even ballroom dancing (if I could) if I was there...

anyone got a problem with it, should leave our nation.... pronto

Wow. :n00b:

So we can't have a different view than you, or we must leave our country?!?

Sounds like you forget your roots feller. BTW KMA

I can't believe I'm saying this, but +1 :yesway: Some people :rolleyes:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    dance in the streets! **** off some terrorist and make them come out and fight or at least make a mistake so we can find where they are hiding. thats why i think they should have drug osamas body through times square and posted it on TV. use some psychological warfare to trip out our enemies. if you dont like it then dont turn on your TV. this is WAR! do you whiners want me to show you pictures of our dead Brave Men who died at these bastards hands? will that make you mad enough to at least dance in the streets and celebrate osamas death? maybe if these guys are finally scared of what we will do to them they will screw up. i'll tell you what they do to us! they chop off our heads and burn us and drag us through their streets, and fly planes into our buildings killing civilians intentionally.

I think celebration is warranted!

With respect, my opinion is that the issue here is not THAT we are celebrating, but HOW we are celebrating.

This is a solemn event, and we should be celebrating in a dignified manner. We need to show the world that we are a STRONG nation, and if you attack us, we will find you, and we will kill you without remorse or hesitation.

Celebration is most definitely warranted. Running crazy through the streets and turning this into a political event is not the best way to celebrate, but that is just one man's opinion.

We did what needed to be done, and what we said we would do: administer justice. :patriot:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    PatriotPride may have a point here. I didn't go running into the streets. That said, the enemy of my country and people is dead. I'm more than a little pleased at the outcome.

V-E Day and V-J day were turned into solemn holidays. Maybe a quiet celebration and day of remembrance is in order. Where we all remember those who have sacrificed in the war against these terrorists. And perhaps we pass around a platter of bacon.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    With respect, my opinion is that the issue here is not THAT we are celebrating, but HOW we are celebrating.

This is a solemn event, and we should be celebrating in a dignified manner. We need to show the world that we are a STRONG nation, and if you attack us, we will find you, and we will kill you without remorse or hesitation.

Celebration is most definitely warranted. Running crazy through the streets and turning this into a political event is not the best way to celebrate, but that is just one man's opinion.

We did what needed to be done, and what we said we would do: administer justice. :patriot:

Why is the death of Bin Laden a solemn event? The death of American Soldiers, repeated time and time again, IS a solemn event. There is no way on God's green earth that I would ever equate them both as being "solemn."
    Bin Laden's killing is well deserved. If a murderer reaps the justice he has sown, then pardon me for cracking a smile, running wild through the streets, or throwing a party on the anniversary after-hence.

In the immediate moment, the shock of his death would inspire cheering crowds, and an orgy of jubilation. In the forthcoming days/weeks, that celebration will turn to the reflection of what we have lost in accomplishing this goal.

Further, I am not a fan of showing the World anything. That's one of the problems we have today, catering to the public opinion of foreign nations. They can think/believe whatever they want about us.... The only thing I want them to remember, is that you take American lives don't be surprised when we level your hut.... and smile while doing it.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    This is a milestone for anyone who has put on a uniform and picked up a weapon, nobody can argue that. It gives a sense of purpose for what most of the last 10 yrs worth of enlisted soldiers signed up for. Dead or Alive, and the hunt began, a goal was set and achieved.

To put it into perspective also... Saddam murdered not thousands, but millions of people not to mention the women and boys he and his thugs raped. His execution was an exponentially bigger step in the justice for humanity than the execution of OBL, yet I think myself and most American merely bought a full flavor coke vs a diet when his trial ended.

I think a bunch of colleges student having a block party over this is a bit ridiculous, especially as it was already pointed out they were 10yrs old when 9/11 took place. It's kinda like me grieving over Christa McAuliffe every late January.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    sorry but I would hip thrust thrugh the streets naked if it was illegal. as much as bin laden has taunted us over the years and publicly rejoiced in all the americans he killed, I will do the same. for OUR cause is JUST!

yeah i agree the college kids partying was retarded. it was pointless, they didnt even know what they were partying for.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Provoke our enemies as much as possible, get them mad enough to do something so that we may do something back and on a bigger scale. We keep tip toeing around trying not to offend the enemy, like with the whole burning the koran thing. Stir the pot and shoot what ever pokes its head up.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Why is the death of Bin Laden a solemn event? The death of American Soldiers, repeated time and time again, IS a solemn event. There is no way on God's green earth that I would ever equate them both as being "solemn."
    Bin Laden's killing is well deserved. If a murderer reaps the justice he has sown, then pardon me for cracking a smile, running wild through the streets, or throwing a party on the anniversary after-hence.

In the immediate moment, the shock of his death would inspire cheering crowds, and an orgy of jubilation. In the forthcoming days/weeks, that celebration will turn to the reflection of what we have lost in accomplishing this goal.

Further, I am not a fan of showing the World anything. That's one of the problems we have today, catering to the public opinion of foreign nations. They can think/believe whatever they want about us.... The only thing I want them to remember, is that you take American lives don't be surprised when we level your hut.... and smile while doing it.

I'm not denying that "Bin Laden's killing is well deserved". If you don't understand why this is a solemn event, then no amount of explaining will make you understand---understand that I do not mean this as an insult, but a statement of opinion.

I have no issue with "cracking a smile" or showing happiness over this event. If you want to condone "running wild in the streets" over the well-deserved execution of a criminal, then be my guest. To run through the streets rejoicing over the execution of a murderer is unbecoming, and gives the appearance of mental retardation.

sorry but I would hip thrust thrugh the streets naked if it was illegal. as much as bin laden has taunted us over the years and publicly rejoiced in all the americans he killed, I will do the same. for OUR cause is JUST!

yeah i agree the college kids partying was retarded. it was pointless, they didnt even know what they were partying for.

I have no doubt that you'd do naked hip-thrusts. ;)

Our cause is JUST. THOSE are the truest words that have been written in this thread. :patriot:

The college kids partying was absolutely retarded.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not denying that "Bin Laden's killing is well deserved". If you don't understand why this is a solemn event, then no amount of explaining will make you understand---understand that I do not mean this as an insult, but a statement of opinion.

I'd appreciate it if you tried to explain.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    A friend just reminded me of this MLK quote. It seems appropriate.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

— Martin Luther King Jr.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    A friend just reminded me of this MLK quote. It seems appropriate.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

— Martin Luther King Jr.

thats great for you :yesway: he is just another man to me. not a great man either. I could give a rats ass what he said.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    thats great for you :yesway: he is just another man to me. not a great man either. I could give a rats ass what he said.

I obviously didn't post it becasue of who said it, but what was said. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. I sometimes quote Bugs Bunny too, would you like to insult him?

Here's one you may like better, "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent nice letter saying I approved of it." -Mark Twain

And one that sort of strikes me at the moment, "He was so narrow minded that he could see through a keyhole with both eyes." -Molly Ivins

Top Bottom