Showing crowd rejoicing in Bin Ladens death wrong?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I obviously didn't post it becasue of who said it, but what was said. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. I sometimes quote Bugs Bunny too, would you like to insult him?

Here's one you may like better, "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent nice letter saying I approved of it." -Mark Twain

And one that sort of strikes me at the moment, "He was so narrow minded that he could see through a keyhole with both eyes." -Molly Ivins

heres one that strikes me:

"let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor!" - DROWNING POOL

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    "You wanted in and now you're here
    Driven by hate, consumed by fear"
    images

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A friend just reminded me of this MLK quote. It seems appropriate.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

— Martin Luther King Jr.

I'll raise you a Samuel Clemens:

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

— Mark Twain

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I am only going to make one post on this topic. My opinion may have already been expressed by others because I haven't had the time to read all of the posts.

I don't mind others celebrating Bin Laden’s death, but for me, it brings no comfort. If he is dead, it does make me feel that justice has been served and he got what was coming to him. However, it makes me feel somewhat sad as well, because I know that his death does not change a thing. The sadness comes from knowing that we are all still prisoners of terror and our rights have been taken away and will not be returned even though he has been killed. I think that too many people have focused their energy on just one man and given him the responsibility for all of the terror.

The terrorists have accomplished their objective. They have changed our way of life. We have given up our freedoms for the illusion of safety. I am tired of being treated as a criminal for purchasing a ticket to fly and being conditioned to searches. I am tired of being searched and patted down and sniffed by dogs going to large entertainment events. I am also tired of SWAT snipers in key positions around large entertainment events such as the 500 or Brickyard races.

I long to be treated as a normal, law abiding citizen as I was before 911, but that is now a dream. My way of life has changed as well because I refuse to pay my hard earned money to attend events or to fly just to be treated as a suspect and subjected to searches.

No, I don’t get any pleasure from Bin Laden’s death and I refuse to give him any more notoriety than he already has because he is nothing to me. He was nothing more than a cancer that required removing.

Top Bottom