• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Take pictures of you and your INGO gear (hat, shirt, jacket, etc) or with your INGO swag (sticker, patch, chamber flag, etc) at interesting places, and then post them here! For example, let's see you "flash your swag" while standing next to Sarah Brady, or while skydiving, or something extra creative and fun!

Along with your pictures, we'd also like to hear 1) How you first came to know about INGO, and 2) What you'd do with the prize if you won.

Prize? Oh yeah, the prize!

A brand new Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm Compact!

Courtesy of Advertising Site Supporter Class III Sales in New Carlisle, Indiana and INGunOwners.com / INGO LLC!

109004large.jpg

Contest rules:

• Photo must be original, and taken and submitted between 12/1/10 and 12/31/10.
    • Photo content must be untouched-- No photoshopping!
    • No limit on number of submissions
    • INGO swag must be "officially licensed" gear
    • Pictures depicting illegal activity, or content not in line with INGO's current rules, will be disqualified and removed
    • Pictures will be judged based on content, and not composition
    • Winner will be chosen on January 1st, 2011
    • Contestants must be over the age of 21, and must be able to pass a NICS check and have a handgun transferred to them via FFL
    • Prize can be picked up at Class 3 Sales or at their table at the INDY 1500, or shipping to your local FFL can be arranged
    • Prize is non-transferable
    • INGO Admin, Mods, and Staff are ineligible to participate

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    sniper.jpg

(Not CombatVet, this is MiniCombatVet V1.0)

I first heard about INGO from theweakerbrother. We hadn't seen each other in about 5 years or so and found out that we were both "enthusiasts" in the firearm field.

With the prize I would continue to keep my home, street and neighborhood clear of the impending zombie infestation, and the occasional meth head from across the way.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    DSC02323.jpg

DSC02312.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

My daughter and I made this igloo Saturday in the back yard. I hadn't had solid food in 3 days (very sick) or I would have camped out in it as in the past. She insisted we make it look like a summer camping scene so we made a "fire" out of a large piece of ice, cooked "marshmallows" over it and she had to get her umbrella to block out the hot sun. My cups made of ice didn't freeze in time so I cheated and used a regular glass to model my INGO cocktail stir sticks. She is doing her best acting to hold back the giggle for the photo's, I make an igloo almost every year but the dramatic scene making is all her doing.
    I discovered INGO about 1.5 years ago when looking up firearm information after my first gun purchase...a 1943 M1 Garand. I was a total noob to gun ownership at the time and feel I've graduated to regular noob largely due to the classes, contacts and information I've acquired through INGO.
    If I won the M&P compact I would utilize it as my EDC. As of now I have full size pistols (wifey keeps the Kahr PM9 tied up) and I've been more than happy with my M&P pro until I try to conceal it. Thanks INGO and Class III for the awesome prize package. Now lets hurry up and close this thread before other submissions are made...I like my odds as of now.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Activity: Classified
    How I found out about INGO: Classified.
    What would I do if I won the prize: I would sell it and donate all the money to Forgotten Children International.
    DSC_0103.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Who has an index finger and wants to win an M&P?

DSCN4102.jpg

DSCN4103.jpg

THIS GUY!! :)

I first found out about INGO through a mention on The AK Forum, where I was an active participant. It took me a couple months before I finally came over and checked it out, but once I did, it stuck.

If I win the M&P, I will shoot the bejeezus out of it. And come on, you KNOW you guys want photographic evidence of me owning and shooting a handgun other than a Glock or a Kahr... :):

INGO affiliated stuff shown in the photo:
    1) INGO winter hat
    2) INGO morale patch (non-bacon) on plate carrier
    3) Condor micro-fleece jacket from Indiana Supply Depot
    4) 66% IPSC steel targets from Bobcat Steel
    5) Employee from Bradis Guns

:ingo:

Last edited:

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Here is my GIANT dog, Sage. In the pics, she is chewing on our 8-FOOT! fraser fir Christmas tree, while rocking her custom INGO collar, which was cut from an INGO t-shirt and sewn onto her collar.

gpachmayr
    DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Of course, the dog isn’t really a giant (but she thinks she is), and our tree is … well… modest to say the least.
    I found INGO while searching for info on the Indiana LTCH. I lurked for a while, and finally joined up.
    What would I do with the M&P if I won? Well, I would shoot it, a lot, and I would shower praise upon Class III Sales and INGO every chance I get.

EDIT:
    My other dog got jealous, and wanted to be on INGO:
    DSC_0023.jpg

Last edited:

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    This is my submission, I am hoping I can get another one or two here after 1300 where it's a little warmer than where I am now. :)

picture.php

Not sure if the above pic is visible or not so I am trying this again

picture.php

I found INGO through AR15.com

If I win the M&P it will be my wife's carry pistol to replace her current way too heavy to get her to carry daily pistol, which will ease my mind for her and the kids daily welfare

Last edited:

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    100100_7166.jpg

This is at my companies FORMAL xmas party. This is the official company xmas picture that will be displayed in the main lobby this week.

1. I found INGO by accident while searching for some info on ACME guns in Seymour. I got reading around and realized it was a great community but never actively participated for a year or so. Since I have become active I have found my new love - USPSA. I really have INGO to thank for that 100%.

2. If I won the Smith I would happily replace my Keltec P11 as may main CCW. I like the P11 but I think the Smith is a better handgun to shoot, just couldn't afford it at the time.

Last edited:

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    DSCN1064.jpg

This is my boy Ezra who wanted to fit in with everyone on here ha ha.

I found INGO after hearing from a friend that there was this really nice gun board for people from Indiana. Joined and have met alot of great people and learned alot.

If I won the grand prize I would shoot it and let the boy shoot it when he is old enough. Since he would be the one who won it for me.

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Here is my next submission, since my first can’t compete with kevinj110’s. I’ve decided to move away from the “cute” route, and take a more “tactical” approach.

Pictured is my operator approved INGO patch, riding next to my tritium-enhanced luminox blackout watch, and of course, the glock 19.

DSC_0007.jpg

Like I said before, I found INGO when searching for info on the LTCH, and I've been hooked ever since.
    If I won the M&P, I would of course shoot it, and protect my family with it, but I would also replicate this pic with it.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    lauren024.jpg

lauren023.jpg

lauren022.jpg

lauren020.jpg

I can't compete with baby pictures, so I thought I would try to win on an age old principle that has worked for the better half of the century. Raw sex appeal.

I first heard about INGO from VXtip. We were discussing how there was nowhere local to go to for info and so many youtube videos are fake, and then he suggested that I join this wonderful site. And I have been loving it ever since.

If I were to win the grand prize, I could assure everyone here that it would be carried daily. Guns are not meant to go in safes, they are meant to be used, and I would carry her. I say her because should I win, I would name her Samantha. And she would protect me as Samantha protected Darrin on the show Bewitched.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    my 2nd contest submission

And for my 2nd contest submission... my girlfriends friend posing for ingo. If you think getting a picture of obama with ingo gear would be hard, try convincing a woman to take pics out in the snow.

andrew1022.jpg

andrew1031.jpg

andrew1035.jpg

andrew1049.jpg

laurens135.jpg

laurens112.jpg

laurens123.jpg

laurens118.jpg

laurens107.jpg

I first heard about INGO from VXtip. We were discussing how there was nowhere local to go to for info and so many youtube videos are fake, and then he suggested that I join this wonderful site. And I have been loving it ever since.

If I were to win the grand prize, I could assure everyone here that it would be carried daily. Guns are not meant to go in safes, they are meant to be used, and I would carry her. I say her because should I win, I would name her Samantha. And she would protect me as Samantha protected Darrin on the show Bewitched.

And FYI guys, not every member of INGO is old enough to have children as old as these girls.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    My dog, Buddy, rocking the INGO hat-
    IMG_1659.jpg

I found INGO through a guy on Glocktalk that had a link in his sig line.

I'm not eligible to win the grand prize due to being under 21, but if one the knife it would most likely be my new EDC knife and if I won the AR15 rail I might be tempted to buy an AR to put it on!:):

More to come in the next week or so.

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok here's my submission. I'm having a nice chat with James Whitcomb Riley's bronze statue at workabout how great of place INGO is! I heard about this site in 2008 at a Indy 1500 show. If I would win the M&P I would us it for classes and my EDC. Thanks INGO for all the great information :rockwoot: :ingo:

Last edited by a moderator:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This is my first submission. I wanted to keep it more gun related. :D

contest21.jpg

contest1.jpg

I found INGO by accident while searching for Indiana carry laws. The night when I found it, I was hooked. I learned so much that first night. I knew nothing about guns really. This site, and the members have taught me so much. Since then, I have purchased better EDC equipment, better firearms, and have taken 3 training classes. And have met several new friends.

I have plans if I'm lucky enough to win the M&P. First, I hope to "give back" to the members who have taught me so much. I plan on inviting them to a range to give the M&P a "proper test run". Second, my wife and I will attend training classes with ACT this spring. She'll finally have a gun of her own to participate in shooting sports and train for self defense.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    3rd Contest Submission

So we were lucky enough to get the real Santa Clause to work at the shop. And Santa loves firearms, and INGO. The jolly old man was nice enough to wear an INGO sticker for the time he was here. And he had time for an interview, so in the spirit of Christmas, I thought I would have some fun.

YouTube - Santa Loves INGO

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm surprised there aren't many more submissions than these.

I know you guys can be creative. It doesn't have to be gun related. It's encouraged to not be. Think outside of the box (keep it clean)

Something that came to mind was this stuffed animal idea that was going around. IIRC it was a stuffed animal, but it would get it's picture taken wherever it's owner went. I couldn't find it but I did find this.
    Too Lazy To Do It | Funny Business Idea: Travel Agency for Stuffed Animals Only

Keep the submissions coming! I'd like to see some really cool things in addition to the ones we have already received.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Along with your pictures, we'd also like to hear 1) How you first came to know about INGO, and 2) What you'd do with the prize if you won.

I found INGO one night while I was searching the internet. I knew I had a lot of down time coming and I'm a sucker for a good internet forum. I discovered firearms in college and spent a lot of time posting on THR - Powered by vBulletin & The Firing Line. I was a lurker on AR15.Com - Your Firearm Resource. (AR-15, AR-10, M4 Carbine, M16, H&K, SIG, FNH, FAL, AK-47, 50 Cal, M1/M1A, Handgun, Pistol, Training, Hunting, and More!) . A few things were missing, however, and I found them there. There wasn't much emphasis on true community. You would rarely have a chance to interact with those people face to face because they are scattered throughout the United States diaspora. I knew if I found something local, that would really change things. I did not, and do not, have a lot of 'local' shooting buddies and going to the range by yourself is fine but it's hard to learn if you're only going by yourself.

I've actually developed a couple of really cool friendships on the board. I've met some pretty incredible people on INGO. Some of them have even blessed me by letting me come into their homes. They've fed me, introduced me to their families, prayed for me during hard times and even mailed me Christmas cards and presents. I've developed some pretty solid friendships with people who live on the opposite side of the state and met some pretty cool people who live within an hour. Heck, I even reconnected with an elementary school friend because of INGO. Because of INGO, I've had opportunities to shoot machine guns, suppressors, AOWs, SBSs and SBRs. I don't think I would have had an opportunity to do that. NFA is a lifechanger. I would not have had a chance to sample Tyler's epic cooking or the hospitality of the Rice family. I even had a few opportunities to experience the firearm world from "the other side of the table" by helping out Gamez at the 1500. The crazy part is that he even let me come back to help out more than once... haha! Heck of a guy!

What would I do if I won the gun? It would certainly be a blessing. After an initial break in period and time to make sure the firearm functions fine, it would become my daily carry. I am not LEO. I have never served our country in the capacity of military service. I am a regular dude... and I just might have the "rocker" patch to prove it. This firearm would be another tool in my tool box to help 'normalize' firearms. The fast majority of the people I hang out with have little to no interest in firearms. They think that firearms are for .mil or LEO, only. Because I am a 'regular guy,' people are often shocked that I carry, that I want to carry or that I even find the need to carry. Because of my interaction with people who are not into firearms, this prompts some interesting conversations. Rather than charge through the logical arguments that do not always work with people who are driven by emotion, I offer them the opportunity to shoot firearms on my dime. I have taken several people shooting who are not 'gun people' or new people who have never shot guns before in their life (outside of a video game). Firearms are empowering. I remind people of this. Are they misused? Yes. So are cheeseburgers, cold medicine, alcohol, cars, the newspaper and anything else. In the end, they are a great equalizer. I'm paraphrasing wiser people than me but firearms are what put a 110 lb woman on level playing field with a 220 lb would be rapist. Firearms are not a magic talisman but a tool in a vast selection of tools. If we can "normalize" firearms again, we'll have more people on board with pro-2A legislation. We'll also have more lives saved.

ingocontest2.jpg

This is a photo I took at HHRP. I don't think anyone had been out to the range in a while because there were no footprints or tire tracks. A buddy of mine from church wanted to go shooting with me. He has a .410 single shot that his dad gave to him a long time ago. He's moving down to Austin, TX and wanted to shoot anything that I owned that was different from what he had. I brought a few handguns in various calibers, a suppressed G22 with a 9mm conversion barrel, an AR-15 and an 870 in 12 gauge. We had a blast and we also froze our butts off. I let him shoot whatever he wanted. Why? Maybe it'll create a spark.

The photo itself is not necessarily a great one. It was taken from my cell phone after we had cleaned up the brass around the range and just before we put up the two target stands (one blew over from the wind) and before I cased my rifle. I thought that it looked pretty cool and didn't have the contest in mind when I took it. Thanks for reading!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom