• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    As would mine. We have had an ongoing discussion on this topic for the last few hours. Luckily she finds the humor in my logic.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "It's not to say it's illegal but it doesn't fit our neighborhood values," said Speedy.

So Councilor Speedy and a small vocal minority want to deny 70 people jobs?? I hope they open without the liscence and don't serve until they can appeal... Mike Speedy is really showing what the important Republican values he holds....

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "It's not to say it's illegal but it doesn't fit our neighborhood values," said Speedy.

So Councilor Speedy and a small vocal minority want to deny 70 people jobs?? I hope they open without the liscence and don't serve until they can appeal... Mike Speedy is really showing what the important Republican values he holds....

Well, I tried to rep you but couldn't. I wish they would push the hand of the king and simply open their ale house. If the farmers, peasants, and miners of the shire thirst for a flagon of mead, so be it. Put the ball in the king's court.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Are you guys kidding me?
    They denied their license?
    Isn't there more things in Indy to worry about other than hot chicks serving food?
    I just wanna put some plumbing in.:dunno:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    O.k. boys and girls, step away from the t.v. report and take a deep breath! The denial is political showboating at it's best! The county board stands proudly next to the concerned hypocrits and fat chicks who are raising the stink and saying "Look at me, I listened to you and we shut down this den of iniquity that will be selling more than food and alcohol" Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!!!

Show Me's will appeal to the state board who will approve it and then the local politician guy can say, "See it wasn't me, it was the state, remember who was on your side on election day".

Looking at it logically, how can they deny it? There are at least 4 other establishments there that have liquour licenses, I would think that even a first year law student could win this one!

Personally I'm looking forward to the fine cuisine and cultural atmosphere that a quaint operation like Show Me's is bound to provide:naughty:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The Hooters on 31 is across the street from houses, but ShowMes is too close to a residential area?

Are we sure there aren't Hooter's investors on the board here? this makes NO sense.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is a property rights issue. Does Show Me's have a right to determine what happens on their property without the king's permission?

I think it's funny that those being denied boobs will say it's propert rights but those same people will cry public good when Hurst tried to exercise his right to property.

Myself, I'm not going to waste my money on some tease but I'm not going to prevent you from doing so.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    There is another hearing on the 18th.( what my boss told me)
    Hopefully it will pass this time.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    The Hooters on 31 is across the street from houses, but ShowMes is too close to a residential area?

Are we sure there aren't Hooter's investors on the board here? this makes NO sense.

I would not consider that a residential area in all honesty, yes the argument can be made but it is mostly commercial..... the show-me's area can be agrued better as a residential area because there are many homes/appartment's in easy walking distance compared to that area of 31 and the ratio of homes to buisness in that area of 31 is very much in favor of buisnesses, the oppisite is for the show-me's area.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would not consider that a residential area in all honesty, yes the argument can be made but it is mostly commercial..... the show-me's area can be agrued better as a residential area because there are many homes/appartment's in easy walking distance compared to that area of 31 and the ratio of homes to buisness in that area of 31 is very much in favor of buisnesses, the oppisite is for the show-me's area.
    Theres solid housing across the street all the way to sr135... and behind across shelby behind the shopping center there is also dense houseing and apts. :cool:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Doesnt matter the area is zoned commercial. End of story.

They will get the license sooner or later.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    People should worry more about the Asian massage parlors than a public restaurant.

Dont get me wrong I like them as much as the next guy, but how they continue to operate in the eye of the public baffles me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    People should worry more about the Asian massage parlors than a public restaurant.

Dont get me wrong I like them as much as the next guy, but how they continue to operate in the eye of the public baffles me.

And these would be located . . . where . . . ?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    And these would be located . . . where . . . ?

Dude, drive with your eyes open. Any massage parlor that doesnt have windows and is open 9 to 9. When you go in leave 50.00 on the table and see what that gets you.:D

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    ShowMe's said the restaurant would help the community by adding a new business, but Republican councilor Mike Speedy said it's not the family friendly business they want.

Yeah, a family-friendly business... like Damons.

I like Speedy; he's a friend to gun owners. But I disagree with him on this one.

Top Bottom