• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Yep, that's the Damons at 65 & Southport Rd.

There are several hotels nearby. It's a pretty busy area, especially at rush hour and during the holidays.

Southport is a pretty safe place to be stranded. You could do much worse (like Fishers, for example). :D
    Heyyyyyyy :ar15:

Good safe area. That area is the Fishers wanna be of Indy.....:popcorn:

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I think we need to take a road trip to one of the current locations to check them out. If the talent in the gallery is anything what they typically recruit the southside girls will be just fine.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    :eek:

Show-Me's

camel_toe_hoof.jpg

:D

Or this :D

mooseknulkle.jpg

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I believe that is the old Damons Ribs building by Cheeseburger in Paradise on Southport and 65

I believe you are absolutely correct.

Delivered to Damon's enough to remember what the front of the building looks like.

4530 Southport Xing Dr
    Indianapolis, IN 46237

Other Damon's locations in Indy area that have closed and reopened under another name are:

Texas Coral - Hwy 37, Martinsville, IN

Brickhouse Bar & Grill 5802 Flight School Dr Indianapolis 465 & Kentucky Ave.

Arni's Pizza Hwy 135 Greenwood

I think at one time these 3 was owned by one person and 2 was sold to one individual and eventually all closed.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I think we need to take a road trip to one of the current locations to check them out. If the talent in the gallery is anything what they typically recruit the southside girls will be just fine.
    Come to Evansville. You can visit 2 of them.:rockwoot:

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Thanks. That a pretty good part of Indy?
    Many hotels close by?

PM esrice. I'm sure that he can hook ya up.:ingo:

---------------------------------

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can never to too rich or too thin.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I see they're building one in Indianapolis. Anyone know where that one's going, or is that the one on Southport Rd?

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Just found out folks are throwing a tantrum over the Show Me's.
    They don't want it there. Isn't this location in a heavy commercial(hotels and stores) area? Are there homes nearby?
    Aren't there already a few Hooters stores in Indy?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just found out folks are throwing a tantrum over the Show Me's.
    They don't want it there. Isn't this location in a heavy commercial(hotels and stores) area? Are there homes nearby?
    Aren't there already a few Hooters stores in Indy?

It's near Target, Meijer, Harley Davidson, Menards, etc etc. The Hooters in Greenwood is closer to homes than ShowMes would be.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    SE Indy is getting a Show Me's.
    Kinda like a Hooters with better food.
    I'm plumbing the place.I'll Be in Indy soon.

after finally getting to the new Show Me's in the Haute...... I have to disagree with one pat of your statement....... the better food part.

The food is mediocre at best, especially compared to Hooters.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    after finally getting to the new Show Me's in the Haute...... I have to disagree with one pat of your statement....... the better food part.

The food is mediocre at best, especially compared to Hooters.
    It's better than the Hooters down here.:dunno:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It seems the prudes of Perry Township are upset. Don't they have a school system to screw up?

Image problem is hurdle for sports bar

Neighbors oppose booze permit for Southeastside Show-Me's

In a case of "I'll show you," neighborhood opposition is mounting against a proposed Southeastside restaurant and sports bar -- mainly over its waitress attire of short shorts and tank tops.

However, owners of the first Show-Me's in the Indianapolis area say they'll seek an alcoholic beverage permit at a hearing today -- and claim the opposition is mainly based on misinformation about their planned franchise.

One of the co-owners, Curt John, said much of the confusion has arisen over similarly named, sexually suggestive Web sites and the name of the company itself, which he said was based on the St. Louis-area location of the first store.

Some area residents remain unconvinced and plan to be heard at the hearing at the City-County Building.

"The whole thing together is just not a good fit for that community," said Mike Speedy, a Republican member of the City-County Council, who represents the area where the restaurant would be located just east of the city of Southport and west of I-65.

Speedy, who lives within a mile north of the site, has helped coordinate neighborhood opposition, consisting of residents, businesses and churches.
    If approved, the Show-Me's would open in a building at 4530 Southport Crossing Drive, which has been vacant since Damon's Grill closed in late 2007.

Speedy said that not only is the waitress attire sexually suggestive and unsuitable for families, but so is the restaurant's name.

The four-member Marion County Alcoholic Beverage Board is scheduled to hear the permit application of Stephen Hazlett, franchise president, and Curt John, franchise secretary, both of Evansville. John is a Democrat and longtime member of the Evansville City Council.

John stressed he would not be involved in any sexually explicit business, such as a strip club.

"There's never been a permit that's been denied," John said of the 14 other Show-Me's.

John said he also is a partner in one of two Show-Me's franchises in Evansville. It's next to a miniature golf course, karting track and theater, and it's had no complaints, he said.

John said if Show-Me's receives the alcoholic beverage permit for the Indianapolis location, the co-owners will spend about $500,000 in remodeling and furnishing the building and will employ about 70 for the restaurant operation. The franchise has a lease with an option to buy the free-standing building, he said.

John noted that the restaurant site is on a dead-end road in which motorists would drive by only if going to or from the Carrabba's Italian Grill and Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurants or the Courtyard by Marriott hotel.

lg.php

He also said all Show-Me's franchises and chain locations are applauded for supporting charitable efforts, such as helping handicapped children.
    Show-Me's features a full menu served by waitresses in shorts and tank tops or sweat shirts and sweat pants in colder months, said corporation President Ron Cote of St. Louis.

Cote said he chose the restaurant name based on Missouri's motto of the "Show Me State."

His company also has a new franchise in Terre Haute as well as franchise or chain locations in Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky.

Cote said his company's Web site is Show-Me's and is not affiliated with other online addresses, although he noted one with a similar name is operated by a photographer who features some Show-Me's waitresses interested in modeling opportunities.

Speedy, the councilman, said plenty of opposition has developed against the Indianapolis location, and it includes the minister of a neighborhood church and subdivision homeowners association president.

Bobbie Durham, president of McFarland Farms Homeowners Association, wrote in opposition to the permit, saying that while there are businesses in the neighborhood, they are of a more family-friendly nature, and Show-Me's "does not support that at all -- despite what they say."

Pastor Kevin Bausman of Southport Presbyterian Church, which also has a school, wrote to Speedy that the church hosts large gatherings, and the restaurant could give attendees "a bad reflection upon our community."
    Bausman also questioned how women and girls at the church and school "may be viewed by those in our area who patronize such an establishment."

SouthIndyStar.com | South Marion County, Indiana, breaking news, photos, things to do | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Top Bottom