Should we eliminate the electoral college??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, apparently the Electoral College is now about "white power".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d36b3897-c830-39f0-9b54-27bd41bf03e5/the-electoral-college.html
    The Electoral College magnifies the power of white voters

"White voters are overrepresented in swing states"

I'm not sure why that's about "white power". It's where people choose to live. Although I guess choosing where you live is now about something other than being where you just want to live.

Clarification, the article never says "white power".
    It states, "the power of the white voter".

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not sure why that's about "white power".

Because when you're not getting your way and clamoring for your victim status, cries of racism are supposed to be the debate ender. You can't prove yourself not to be a racist. There is quite literally nothing which exists, takes place or can be heard in this country that isn't racist. All that is required is for someone to label it as such and it is. It's the nuclear weapon of the left.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Because when you're not getting your way and clamoring for your victim status, cries of racism are supposed to be the debate ender. You can't prove yourself not to be a racist. There is quite literally nothing which exists, takes place or can be heard in this country that isn't racist. All that is required is for someone to label it as such and it is. It's the nuclear weapon of the left.

Too bad they (and some here) have MASSIVELY overplayed the race card.

Their nuclear weapons are not shutting anyone up any longer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What time do electors cast ballots? Is it a voice vote or a recorded ballot that we can review later?

Depends on the state. Electors don't meet as one group, in fact they are prohibited from meeting as a group. They meet in their respective states. They vote. The votes are certified by the governors and then sent to the Senate to be officially counted.

ETA: Indiana electors already voted for Trump.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    What time do electors cast ballots? Is it a voice vote or a recorded ballot that we can review later?

Pennsylvania electoral college proceedings are being live broadcast now on c-span. Illinois just concluded and it was paper ballots placed in ballot box. As soon as voting was completed, the votes were counted.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got stuck listening to Diane Rehm this morning... :puke:

All these liberals that were worried about faithless electors are now practically begging for it now.

EJ Dione made the point that the disparity between state sizes dwarfs that of the late 1700's. Of course, he totally then misses the point and argues that the great disparity is a reason for dissolving the EC. Anyone with a brain will realize that's a reason for keeping it. I think he and others are so wrapped up in their urban center mentality that they just can no longer value the needs of the rest of America.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You know, I was never a Trump supporter, but now...

Oh, the delicious salty tears of the liberals make it such a sweet victory.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    FAITHLESS ELECTOR ALERT!

(Spoiler: a Clinton voter cast his vote for Sanders in Maine.)

One faithless elector has cast a vote in Maine — for Sen. Bernie Sanders.

David Bright said on his Facebook page that he cast his vote for Sanders, instead of Hillary Clinton because his vote would not have helped her win.

"I cast my Electoral College vote for Bernie Sanders today to let those new voters who were inspired by him know that some of us did hear them, did listen to them, do respect them and understand their disappointment," he wrote.

https://www.apnews.com/02601ed19563...low&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. Truly did not see that happening.

Hope he doesn't expect to have that role again in 4 years. Unless Sanders wins.

(How freakin' scary would that be?)

Top Bottom