Should We Deny Public Schooling to "Risky" Children?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Viruses mutate, live virus from an immediate host have a far greater chance of overcoming immune defenses, etc. All a vaccine does is give your body the blueprints for antibodies, it doesn't make you 100% immune.

You make a good point. The only problem is, theoretically, if a population is vaccinated against a virus for many generations, and the virus somehow is re-introduced to that population, any un-vaccinated individuals (or maybe even all the vaccinated ones) could be far more susceptible to the disease. A bit like when Small Pox and Measles were re-introduced to the native American population after many many generations of being isolated from it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    You make a good point. The only problem is, theoretically, if a population is vaccinated against a virus for many generations, and the virus somehow is re-introduced to that population, any un-vaccinated individuals (or maybe even all the vaccinated ones) could be far more susceptible to the disease. A bit like when Small Pox and Measles were re-introduced to the native American population after many many generations of being isolated from it.

I'm no doctor and have done 0 research on this topic beyond general knowledge of how vaccines work, but it would seem that you would merely need to continue making vaccines over the years that "updated the blueprints" with a new version of the Measles or what have you. Or you could actually eradicate a given disease from the face of the earth (as we have done with smallpox, thus why no one is vaccinated against it anymore). That would keep the protection current so that we don't lose most of our population to a once-common illness as the natives did.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Guide to cause an INGO clash of opinions thread.
    1. Support and advocate for a very thoroughly debunked scientific stance.
    2. Ask an totally absurd hypothetical question based off of a 20 year old document.
    3. Defend this opinion to the death paying no real mind to many different scientific studies conducted proving that the crackpot "study" was wrong (and a scam at worst).
    4. Logical fallacies everywhere!!!!!!!!

What do I win??????

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    2. Ask an totally absurd hypothetical question based off of a 20 year old document.
    3. Defend this opinion to the death paying no real mind to many different scientific studies conducted proving that the crackpot "study" was wrong (and a scam at worst).

What do I win??????

You win a chickenpox vaccine. Happy? It is a requirement now to have the chickenpox vaccine.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

What do I win??????

You win the "I didn't read the thread or any research or anything at all other than CNN headlines really" award.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

What do I win??????

One disgraced charlatan has fueled two decades of scientific denialism.

Here is a good read on how one man and his dishonesty can fuel a an epidemic. Of course, his followers, are just asking questions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/02/u...-continuing-impact-on-public-health.html?_r=0

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Aww, you guys think that one study is the sum total of the skepticism towards vaccines? That's so cute. I bet you think gun owners are all compensating for small genitals, too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    And doesn't allow people to sue the manufacturers.

This right here blows my mind. What other industry works this way? They have no accountability for the effectiveness of their product and no liability when it damages someone (and it does). The taxpayers get to cover the damages of any lawsuits.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why keep an anti-vax kid out of school? My kid would be vax'd so it wouldn't be an issue. Seems like a problem for ant-vax parents, who willingly let their kids go to school.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Don't worry humankind, anarcho-conspiracy theorist Steve has the REAL story of Wakefield.

He discovered too much. Thus, he was silenced.

Don't discount the reptilians in this.

Top Bottom