Should We Deny Public Schooling to "Risky" Children?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Would unvaccinated children only pose a risk to others unvaccinated children? Since by the age of schooling most vaccines are acceptable to give. All these pro-vaxers should need not worry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Would unvaccinated children only pose a risk to others unvaccinated children? Since by the age of schooling most vaccines are acceptable to give. All these pro-vaxers should need not worry.

Being vaccinated is no guarantee that you won't get the disease. My wife was vaccinated against measles as a child and she got the measles. She said when her mom took her to the doctor he ruled out measles because he had vaccinated her himself. The nurse press the issue because having kids of her own she was certain the symptoms were from the measles. Turns out it was. Dickhead.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

See, there's always a guy who puts up a sad story to get everyone riled up. His kid got shot by a kid who stole dad's gun and now everyone should give up their gu- Wait, wrong story. His kid had leukemia and can't be vaccinated so everyone should make their kids get vaccines so his can go to school.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Everyone laughs at Steveh's comparison of 2nd Amendment rights to the right of vaccine refusal. But it does boil down to the very same idea in that every society chooses between freedom and safety. You can dial it one way, or the other way and the closer you get to one side, the further you get from the other.

Of course my kid would be safer if every other kid at his school was vaccinated. It would also be safer for my kid if every other kid was dipped in disinfectant and made to wear mittens at all times and maybe one of those Hannibal Lector masks too. My kid would also be safer if all guns were forcibly confiscated from every household. My kid would also be safer if we outlawed every vehicle that can exceed 40 mhp.

To me, the question isn't about whether or not vaccines are good for the kid or bad for the kid. The question is whether you like the needle on the dial to point more towards the freedom side or more towards the safety side.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom