• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Barring that which may be illegal (and I'm not certain what that might entail), vote with your wallet. Go elsewhere and support the business that operates in agreement with your personal philosophies.

Other than that, all I can say is that I may not AGREE with a private business owner's values, ethics, or what they place importance on to run their business... but I wholeheartedly support their right to utilize THEIR property however they see fit, so long as it does not infringe on the private property of another.
    Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose.

I have no problem with any of the examples you posted, because you made sure to add "privately owned". Not that I would do business with a company that chose to behave in any of the examples you have given, but the key word is "private" property. If you start drawing lines, and limiting what a property owner can do with their property, then you wind up with the cluster **** we have now, which sucks.

All the examples I gave are all currently illegal....despite being privately owned....though it hasn't always been.

Not that property rights aren't important, because it is well established law provided unto man by God (eg: Thou Shalt Not Steal); but because human rights are also rights granted unto mankind by God (eg: Am I my Brother's Keeper?).

Agree or disagree with the part of God, but it is the way that Madison and Jefferson viewed the origin and intent.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    So it's perfectly clear to everyone here this is a frivilus suit. With potential for a countersuit. My question is why would a lawyer advise to persue this. Unless he thought there was potential. which there isn't.
    The lawyers will get paid regardless of the outcome.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I see his view to a point but he totally and completely lost me when he asked for $200,000. In fact he went from standing up for what he believes in to a total money grubbing loser in my book when he asked for that kind of money.

IF he truly was filing this suit based on his morals he would have asked for his $15 back, an apology and forced them to change the rule/policy. Given that I hope he loses and is forced to pay the range's legal fees.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Article said this DB has sued several nail salons for the same thing because he was charged $4 more than a female for the same services.

He is suing for $200k so the range will settle for $25k and save huge lawyer fees. It's a Jesse/Al shakedown.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Article said this DB has sued several nail salons for the same thing because he was charged $4 more than a female for the same services.

He is suing for $200k so the range will settle for $25k and save huge lawyer fees. It's a Jesse/Al shakedown.

^^^^^^^^^
    Absolutely!

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I'm going to send my school age child into a liqour store and then when they won't sell him a bottle of vodka, sue for age discrimination. After all, you have to treat everyone the exact same at all times and for all things, right?

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Wow. I almost laughed over this. I hope the range as well does not suffer. I always try to get my wife to go with me to the range. If she could get in free, I would be stoked. More props to them for trying to expand the market to a primarily male dominated area.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    If I owned a bacon store and said "Saturdays are free bacon days with proof that your name is Alan", I can give away bacon to every Alan that shows me I.D. If.I.Want.
    If a Tom comes in, I am not obligated to hand over any bacon. Period.
    My business. My product. My advertised special offer. My gain (or loss).

My names Tom and I am appalled at this. :(. -1 JetGirl's Bacon Store. Now, where to find a lawyer...

:D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    wow, on just so many levels. I heard of someone suing a pizza place cause they were discounting those who could order in Spanish, and since they couldn't, they were discriminated against. Discounts should be allowed to be offered to anyone that the BUSINESS wants to offer them to. Speaking of that, if i was the business, I would tell him, as soon as he pays ALL his LEO discounts for any and everything, THEN I might take him more seriously. Clown

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The lawyers will get paid regardless of the outcome.

Dubious. The attorney is almost certainly on contingency, meaning no recovery, no fee, although his out-of-pocket expenses might be another matter.

If the range has an attorney, he's probably on retainer for all sorts of legal services, so this defense would probably be included.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Kind of reminds me of this waste of taxpayer money for frivolous lawsuits.

Pearson v. Chung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

someone needs to start holding these people accountable for the loss money and waste of time. Like others have stated this guy gets LEO discounts all the time. I am a disabled vet and get some discounts, sometimes i don't life goes on. Although i do kinda get confused when i see a military discount is given but it only counts for active duty.:n00b:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Wow, that's the cheapest sex change I've heard of.....

$15 bucks for a guy to turn into a whiny b*tch.

Wonder if his/her job (hopefully former and not due to legal gains) got him reduced rent or free coffee anyplace?

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    And the guy is a LEO so everywhere he goes he probably gets a law enforcement discount, free coffee, free donuts etc... that other people don't get (not to mention flicking on his lights to run stoplights) but here he is soiling his panties because ONE DAY A WEEK someone other than him gets some special treatment

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Not really. The range wanted to appeal to another market. What's wrong with that? I think he got his panties all bunched over nothing.

Not that I care... I think lawsuits like this are ridiculous and hope this dude loses money pursuing this.

However, had the range offered "free range day for Muslims" or "free range day for Caucasians"... I think in general people would be a lot less tolerant. And sadly I think that someone suing would be able to get it to stick....

I personally dislike the whole "ladies night" types of promotions... they already own the world!! Why in the hell are we giving them discounts? :dunno:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    So...that would also mean no more senior discounts anywhere either. It would also mean...no child discounts either.

Top Bottom