• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Don't run out and start hoarding ammo just yet. Looks like most of the victims were shot by the police.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I replied that NY already has very strict laws.
    this was the response
    "Laws on buying guns, or on carrying them? Seems it's regulating what/who can buy and where that's a large part of the problem..."

I really think she has the MSM and DNC wired to beam right into her head. It's just constant all day long with her.

:facepalm:

I think some tough love...

Slapped-by-Glenn-Ford-640.jpg

...may be in order to set her on the road to recovery! :D ;) :D

BAN GUNS!

But wait. Chicago has practically banned guns ALREADY. NYC has practically banned guns ALREADY. Washington DC..... Why don't the anti's see the connection??

Because...
    wildlife-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

Ahhh a classic...The Gun-control Monkeys; Hear no facts, Read no facts, Speak no facts!

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    IMPD has about 1100(?) cops who have to qualify twice a year. After they do their mandatory qualification for the state, they then spend about 6 hours and 200 rds or so doing other training. Somehow, I doubt that cities with over 10K cops like Chicago and New York City gives their police as much on-going firearms training. No wonder they either ventilate each other or innocent bystanders when they're called upon to discharge their firearms.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Now they are saying it was a .45, maybe he had both a shotgun and the .45, who knows. But handguns are illegal in NYC are they not?

bill or rights said:
    "Some of those wounded may have been hit by police gunfire."

I wonder if the gun banners will now say that cops shouldn't have guns, since they hit bystanders while stopping a mass murderer? After all, that is part of their logic why citizens shouldn't be armed, because "More people would die from bullets 'flying everywhere'" when stopping a mass murderer?

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Now they are saying it was a .45, maybe he had both a shotgun and the .45, who knows. But handguns are illegal in NYC are they not?

I wonder if the gun banners will now say that cops shouldn't have guns, since they hit bystanders while stopping a mass murderer? After all, that is part of their logic why citizens shouldn't be armed, because "More people would die from bullets 'flying everywhere'" when stopping a mass murderer?

From everyrthing i have read, they actually weren't stopping a mass murder. He had shot someone where he used to work and was pointed out to police while leaving the scene, when the police approached he pulled his gun, and police opened fire.

This was NOT and active shooter.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Can't believe "stop and frisk" didn't catch this guy on his way to the shooting.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Well, being that it's NYC there are pics of the murderer's body out now. And it looks like most of the injured people were due to the cops firing indiscriminately. Even though they got the murderer, they need their guns taken away from them.

Graphic Photos of Alleged Empire State Building Shooter

According to the most recent reports i have read, granted, all preliminary, reports, all of the people injured were hit by police bullets. After the initial murder, the gunman didn't get off a shot.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Maybe they could shoot straight if their triggers weren't 12 f'n lbs!

Bet you I could make all the hits i needed all day with an NY2 Glock. Dudes used to shoot all day with revolver triggers that were just as heavy. It's a training issue, not a gear issue.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    So the information passed along by AP says that his handgun had a 8 round capacity. He an extra mag with him. So lets call it 8+8+1 for good measure at 17 rounds total.

Initial victim recieved 3 shots point blank to the head (-3). He walked away and was confronted by two police officers. They all saw each other and drew.

Officers fired 14 shots. At the end, the shooter had one round left in the mag. That leaves one more round in the pipe. That leaves 2, possibly 3 (if he started at +1) rounds that might have injured some of those wounded.

There were 10 total wounded along with the two dead including the shooter.

Bloomberg said that SOME of the wounded was from police fire. Unless the people were lining up with cordwood, I'd say the likelihood of most of those people being police victims are high.

Other reports are that the shooter never got off an additional shot.

Which means "all" that pop,pop,pop,pop sounds that people were hearing and started screaming from was from police fire.

Looks like the officers forgot some basics about looking at what is behind your target before firing. (I know LEOs, easy for ME to say, right?) Looks like the police were the greater danger to the public here.

Okay, the LEO's can flame me now. I'm not normally a LEO basher, but when something smells....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now that we've regurgitataed the same arguements amongst ourselves, where no antis will read the,.....
    My condolances go uot to the victims and families.

Last edited:

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Welcome to NYPD weapons training.
    Lesson #1
    When confronted by an armed suspect, draw your weapon quickly and unload the entire magazine into the general direction of the suspect. Pay no attention to innocent bystanders. They will duck out of the way.
    Lesson #2
    Reload and see if you hit suspect. If not, repeat actions described in Lesson #1.

Next week we will learn how to arrest someone for drinking a 24oz Pepsi.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "You are right that a complete reversal of the law would not guarantee a favorable outcome. The problem is that the present law guarantees that the people will necessarily be defenseless in the face of attack guaranteeing them victimhood unless the police are fortuitously available and actually shoot the right person and only the right person, both of which are very far from guaranteed."

I also agree with this! However, I just find it hard to believe that constitution carry in a place like NY would dampen the violent crime rate. I think it would, but those numbers would be offset, by several factors A) some increased crime in areas, B) increased civilian causality by those likely meaning to help, but unprepared to...

Kennesaw, Georgia has done quite well regarding both crime and safety since requiring gun ownership in every home.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Kennesaw, Georgia has done quite well regarding both crime and safety since requiring gun ownership in every home.

I'm glad to see that it has worked for them, but I hesitate to compare a nice rural midwest city with a population of roughly 30,000 to it's virtually polar opposite NYC.

Top Bottom