• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I believe he wanted to keep them separate.
    That was my understanding as well, since he specifically said to use that thread only in reference to pledged donations, and use this one for other organizing such as drafting the enclosed letter from the donors.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Correct all,

The reason for the 2 separate threads is that my understanding of the GROUP BUY channel is post in that channel should be only as follows:

- OP doing the GROUP BUY provided the item, price, and logistics of getting funds/items
    - BUYERs saying they want 'x' items and how they are going to pay
    - BUYERs asking specific questions on the GROUP BUY
    - OP answering specific GROUP BUY questions (logistical items)

GROUP BUYs are a logistical nightmare to handle smoothly in part because we are scattered all over the state, the OP is doing a leap of faith that everyone will pay for their items, OP and BUYERs have to have faith that the OP won't run off with the $$$ and not deliver and lastly we are talking about big orders $1k typically.

Thus keeping the "noise" to get the GROUP BUY helps the OP and BUYERs in the GROUP BUY channel.

I want this "other thread" open so we can do the DRAFT letter.

Thanks all.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm in. I would donate. My research tells me that there are 92 counties in Indiana. Am I correct in assuming there is one sheriff's office for each county?

If so, we need 92 books @ $8.00/ea, meaning $736. Unless we can get a better bulk price.

Only one problem, at least for us in Marion County. The tyrants actually RE-WROTE the Indiana Constitution so that OUR County Sheriff is no longer a Constitutional position, and also is no longer the supreme law enforcement officer in our county. The highest law LE position in our county is now the IPD (or whatever it's called now) chief, who is APPOINTED BY THE MAYOR!

All in the name of fiscal responsibility, of course.
    :xmad:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Put me in for $2.

Please see this thread for how to donate.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fs_america_s_last_hope_book-4.html#post477607

@ Those in INDY/MARION COUNTY
    Sorry to hear about your "sherriff's issues". Per the Indiana Sherriff's Association which is where we got the 92 sherriff's list (see link above) Indiana has 92 sherriff's so we will be buying 92 books.

There are other sherriff's which the book will also be worthless since they are ANTI-2A but the effort is being done to send all 92 the books. Even if they **DO NOT** read it you never know who may, perhaps the #2 in the chain, perhaps a young new deputy recruit who years from now become the sherriff and remembers his **REAL** duties. In essence the book is really for ALL LEs.

Plus the letter I am working on will make a mention that the book is being given to THE OFFICE OF THE SHERIFF (read: it's not for the current sheriff to take but to pass on to the next sheriff that takes his/her place). Will they all follow this? Probably not but our effort is made.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Plus the letter I am working on will make a mention that the book is being given to THE OFFICE OF THE SHERIFF (read: it's not for the current sheriff to take but to pass on to the next sheriff that takes his/her place). Will they all follow this? Probably not but our effort is made.
    We should all also realize that the office of the Sheriff is an elected office. Sending each sheriff a copy of the book, with a letter from us (the voters), sends a message to these officials. Pro-2A or anti-2A, the message should be sent.

One thought, we may want to dig around and see if there is an event organized by the Indiana Sheriff's Association. If so, they probably have an annual meeting. It might be a good idea to ship this book out to the sheriff's between 30 days and 2 weeks BEFORE they have their next meeting because some of the Pro-2A sheriff's may actually bring up the topic of the book during some discussions.

The TIMING of WHEN this book gets into their hands may be just as important as getting the books into their hands. I don't see any mention of an annual meeting on their website, but perhaps one of our LEO members may have some additional information?

Website for the Indiana Sheriff's Association >>> Sheriffs' Association of Indiana

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    i ordered one of these for myself. 7/13/2009. i will let you know when i receive and any thoughts i have on it when i have read it.

Thankfully this authors website has already been trying to do this nationwide through donations. Several states have already reported independent projects such as ours.

I am still waiting on my copy ordered beginning of the week along with the Porter county copy. Once I have read it I should know where to begin.

ANY OTHER PEOPLE that want to draft a quick letter please do so and post it as i will be trying to draw from as many ideas as possible to make it from the group.

I also believe if Fenway is going to allow us INGO "sanctioning" someone really needs to generate a PRESS RELEASE soon for all of us to share our story with our local news papers.

Sheriff Mack has written a foreward for the book of Randy Weavers wife and child titled VICKI, SAM, AND AMERICA HOW THE GOVERNMENT KILLED ALL THREE.(written by Randy Weaver)

His ideas on seatbelt laws in America have already shown me that he is a common sense man who takes personal responsibility for his actions and believes we all should do the same in our lives. The fact that he claims to never have written a seatbelt ticket because allowing the Government to enforce these types of laws surrenders our ability to think and act for ourselves.(sheriff mack paraphrased from his website sheriffmackdotcom)

Once we get out there in the spootlight I hope INGO has the bandwidth blocker set up so we don't crash from the extra traffic or blow the budget in one week. THAT WOULD BE BAD!

Keep the ideas coming on the letter hopefully we can have an outline by next week.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I also believe if Fenway is going to allow us INGO "sanctioning" someone really needs to generate a PRESS RELEASE soon for all of us to share our story with our local news papers.

I changed my mind. If we get in the paper then I want to be credited as Rambone. lol

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    as of 7/23 this book has not arrived. 10 days is an awful long time to ship a book. :xmad:

If you ordered via PayPal check the receipt e-mail. I ordered 3 books on 7/8 and on 7/17 I had not received books so I start checking on the order I look at my PayPal receipt and it has a date of [FONT=&quot]Dec. 31, 1969 16:00:00 PST and [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Transaction ID:0 so I reorded on 7/17. When I call PayPal to question this strange receipt I was told they were have some trouble on their end.[/FONT]

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    If this book turns out to be something that we want to distribute ( after through evaluation). I am broke so extra money to put towards these books isn't probable, however I would be willing to go and pick up several copies abd distribute them by hand, as I spend copious amounts of time in noble, Dekalb, and Allen, counties, I would be willing to distribute several copies by hand, if that helps.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you ordered via PayPal check the receipt e-mail. I ordered 3 books on 7/8 and on 7/17 I had not received books so I start checking on the order I look at my PayPal receipt and it has a date of [FONT=&quot]Dec. 31, 1969 16:00:00 PST and [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Transaction ID:0 so I reorded on 7/17. When I call PayPal to question this strange receipt I was told they were have some trouble on their end.[/FONT]
    the date and ID on my receipt were fine. I sent an e-mail to the good sheriff this afternoon. I hope i receive a reply soon...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI... just sent the sheriff an email as well.

Dear Sheriff Mack,

Great news we are only 29 books away from meeting our goal. The donation drive is alive and well.
    Some of the members on the INGO forums could not wait and went ahead and ordered their books before the group buy but have posted that they have yet to get the book or any type of communications (email, etc.) regarding the purchase.

The topic is being talked about here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...re_our_last_line_of_defense-8.html#post496729

One member ordered on 7/13/09 but has to date not gotten anything.
    Running a small biz I know that at times one can get backed up, issues with PayPal and the USPS.
    Are you experiences delays on your end?

Thanking you in advance,

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    update...

Got this email from the sheriff back right now.

Ahui:
    Thanks so much. We are about two weeks out from the time we get the order and the time
    it is stuck in the mail. That order on July 13th should be there very soon.
    Mack

Top Bottom