• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Hey guys.. great idea. No idea what Fenway's stance will be, but I'll be sure to point to this thread in our Moderator section to make sure we all see it.

Also keep in mind that just because we moderate the board doesn't mean we have to officially stand behind something like this. You could always organize this as a group among yourselves and invite the Sheriffs and their Deputies to check out the forum.

One of us will keep you posted on the Admin/Mod staff's official stance on this. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    UPDATE....

We can get the books at a deeper discount **BUT***....

Jedi:
    You can get the books from me for $5 each plus $30 shipping. But that means you have
    to send me a check. This way I do not have to pay paypal. I do accept personal checks
    so just send it to:
    R Mack
    P O Box 971
    Pima, Az 85543
    I'll get the books right out to you.
    Thanks so much!
    Sheriff

Okay how do we want to do the group buy the offer is good for 92+ books so we need at least enough money for all 92 counties. If yoo want your own copy we can put you in the order as well.

I'll post a link tothe group by here for those keeping tabs.
    The group buy will focus onthe buying of the books. Suggest we use this one forthe letter we want to include. DRAFT iDEAS NEEDED...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks PAMI I sent FENWAY and email. The particular question we (I) have is can we use the INGO logo on the letter that we want to send in the package.

Seeing that we don't have the letter written I can see how he maybe weary of it. Since for all he knows I can cuss all over the letter and sent it to the sherriffs. he,he,he..

So it may be premature for this logo blessing yet as we dont' have the draft letter ready. Granted if he says okay to the letter I'm more than willing to have him give the final OK to the letter since it carries his logo.

The way I see it the letter will be like this.

1) Small 3/4 page letter thanking the sheriffs for all they do
    2) Giving them a present (the book) on a very imporatnt reminder that another sheriff wants them t know
    3) inviting them to be an active poster here

"virtual signature" of everyone that donates ex.

Joe Smith, Gary, IN (Lake County)

Jane Doe, Peru, IN (Jasper County)

Broken down by counties.

(provided the donor wants to be known)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Thanks PAMI I sent FENWAY and email. The particular question we (I) have is can we use the INGO logo on the letter that we want to send in the package.
    No problem.

I just want to be very clear: if this is done, I would recommend that we have the actual pledges made for the total amount before anyone sends anyone money for the book order. I also strongly recommend that whomever chooses to organize this be very transparent and keep and send receipts of any donations received as well as copies of the expenses (ie, ordering the books and then sending them out to the Sheriffs) in case there are any questions about it later.

I also want to make it clear that I'm not officially endorsing this on behalf of the Mod staff. I just think it's a good idea, but it needs to be VERY well organized and will probably NOT be led by a member of the Mod team. We're just computer geeks, not necessarily well-organized sociable people. :):

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    The office of Sheriff is an Indiana Constitutional office. There was a moderate flap over that when the Marion Co Sheriff's Dept and the Indianapolis Police Dept merged to become IMPD (Indpls Metro PD). The Democrat mayor wanted his buddy the Democrat Chief of Police to run IMPD, and do away with the Office of County Sheriff. Bzzzt! Wrong.
    So now, the Sheriff and the Chief "share" duties.

I saw in the original post the book was 49 pages, and I doubt it's coffee table size, so it's probably fairly light.

Oh, and I'm in for some funds. I knew Dave Galloway in Hendricks Co. when he was a patrolman in Brownsburg. Good guy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI for Ramboe...

Ahui:
    The envelopes we use are the manilla type with the metal latch for closure. They cost
    about $27 for 100. The book is about 6'x9' and very thin (only 50 pages). To send one
    book first class mail costs about $1.80. The size of the envelope we use is the 10'x7'
    size. Any office supply store should have them.
    Keep me posted. Thanks so much for the work you are doing.
    Sheriff

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Forgive my ignorance, but has anyone ordered a copy of the book, held it in their hands, and read every word?

I would highly advise doing so before attaching your name to it and sending it to an LEO as a simple quality control measure.

Look at every word in it, from the dust jackets to the inside dedications. One small thing could easily upset the intent or effect of this mailing.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    FYI.. The group buy post has been posted.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iffs_america_s_last_hope_book.html#post471322

Pleae use this POST only for the draft of the letter. If you want to donate or want a book please use the GROUP BUY POST.

Kind of like Jedi did in the post above? Or do you mean merged?

Top Bottom