• ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    HOLY CRAP!

I had no idea this thread went down the crapper like that. I've only met VUPDblue 3 times. Granted I don't know him very well, what I do know from meeting him is that he's not one to make fun of anyone like that. He's not a disrespectful guy at all. He may be bald and freakishly tall, but that's about it! Although, he does act and look like a cop. I have noticed that. But I could have mistaken that for him not being one you'd want to **** off. He'd kick your ass! It's not intentional, but he just seems that way.

When I read the OP, I didn't sense any disrespect at all. I knew exactly what he was saying. This just got out of hand.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hats off to Scarnucci for at least be able to articulate his points. If we're gonna argue, I'm glad we can do it civilly. :yesway:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    This thread is further proof that many around here have no sense of humor. I proved it a long long time ago, and now even the mods are getting heat.

Damn.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    like esrice, I'm struggling to connect it with the OP in this thread.

If this thread were titled something like "The Police Are Our Shepherds, I Shall Not Want. . .", then I could understand his points better, as he would be speaking out against the "I'm a cop and I'm better than you" or the "us vs. them" mentality.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    As Esrice so articulately pointed out, my intent was not to differentiate between police and non police, but rather between the armed and vigilant and the unarmed and unaware.

ETA: I intend the word "vigilant" to mean a higher state of awareness...

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    You have to put this story into context. The OP was eating that The Rathskeller, so these were German shepherds he was talking about.

;)

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I understand VUPD's position and accept what he says he was trying to convey.

I also understand and support a bit of what Harried was trying to say. (Although I am feeling more and more like I backed the wrong horse on that one...but that does not take away from my support of his point.)

I think that I've gotten my point of view out there and defended it well enough. Hopefully it made some people think.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I understand VUPD's position and accept what he says he was trying to convey.

I also understand and support a bit of what Harried was trying to say. (Although I am feeling more and more like I backed the wrong horse on that one...but that does not take away from my support of his point.)

I think that I've gotten my point of view out there and defended it well enough. Hopefully it made some people think.

The only thing it makes me think is that you fail at reading comprehension.

Now VUPDBlue is going to second guess posting topics, which is BS.

Im sorry but I can not post as elegant as some of the others, I should of payed attention more in school.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The only thing it makes me think is that you fail at reading comprehension.

Now VUPDBlue is going to second guess posting topics, which is BS.

Im sorry but I can not post as elegant as some of the others, I should of payed attention more in school.
    You're like me...you say it with brute force. :D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You're like me...you say it with brute force. :D

Its really ridiculous that someone gets butt hurt over something that was not said. Even when it was reiterated several times that the person misunderstood the OP they still want to argue about it.:rolleyes:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Oh, for Pete's sake...... VUPDblue, we getcha. And yes, it's sometimes amusing to think of all the haters in a crowd who are, in fact, a little safer because you're there and carrying, and don't know it.
    Scarnucci, you've missed your meds again. Let it go. The whole "us vs them" thing was NEVER present in the OP.

Captain says the smoking light is lit.
    That is all.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Well you certainly are opinionated. Well, I do hope I have to cut the cheese...

This pretty much sums up my feeling on this... Somebody is trolling. I have met VUPD and he is a hell of a guy. Never struck me as a wannabe badarse or hero wannabe.

Very similar to cutting the cheese I think every time somebody opens their mouth a small amount of fecal matter escapes...

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Come on guys, give Scarnucci a break. He seems to understand what point I was trying to get across. I even see where he was coming from. Next time I'll choose my words more carefully

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Actually, Bigus, it's more like, to paraphrase an old USENET expression:

Just a typical day on INGO: An angry mob beating a greasy spot on the pavement where used to lie the body of a dead horse.

Actually it's not quite that bad, but I look for excuses to use that :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So if you're police, you think your job is to "shepherd sheep", and by calling unarmed civilians sheep, you're implying that you'd rather have everyone armed so that the police won't have to do what they're paid to do. Is this right? On the other hand, if you're a civilian and you carried in this restaurant, and you think you're "shepherding sheep", just what do you think you'll do if there was a disturbance? What will an armed civilian do if there was an abusive customer there, or if a domestic fight broke out between a couple, or if someone ran out on their tab? Will you have acted like a "hero" and drawn your gun and shot people? Just what do you think you are "shepherding" people from, and by the way, did these people ask you to be their "shepherd"? Carrying a firearm is for self-defense, not for vigilante BS, even if that's what makes you feel better. In other words, MYOFB, you're not the town savior.

red-dumb-ass.jpg

Top Bottom