• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I understand VUPD's position and accept what he says he was trying to convey.

I also understand and support a bit of what Harried was trying to say. (Although I am feeling more and more like I backed the wrong horse on that one...but that does not take away from my support of his point.)

I think that I've gotten my point of view out there and defended it well enough. Hopefully it made some people think.

No harm, no foul.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I am not a sheep. Nor am I a sheepdog, a shepherd, OR a wolf.

I prefer to think of myself as a Mountain Lion, sitting alone in my tree, arrogantly refusing to take part in the trifling antics of all those other animals because I'm better than them.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    HOLY CRAP!

I had no idea this thread went down the crapper like that. I've only met VUPDblue 3 times. Granted I don't know him very well, what I do know from meeting him is that he's not one to make fun of anyone like that. He's not a disrespectful guy at all. He may be bald and freakishly tall, but that's about it! Although, he does act and look like a cop. I have noticed that. But I could have mistaken that for him not being one you'd want to **** off. He'd kick your ass! It's not intentional, but he just seems that way.

When I read the OP, I didn't sense any disrespect at all. I knew exactly what he was saying. This just got out of hand.

Wait, hang on.. I thought it was Fenway who had the big hands and the determined look in his eyes? ;)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I am not a sheep. Nor am I a sheepdog, a shepherd, OR a wolf.

I prefer to think of myself as a Mountain Lion, sitting alone in my tree, arrogantly refusing to take part in the trifling antics of all those other animals because I'm better than them.

Occasionally eating any one of them who happen by when you are hungry, but really preferring the sheep because they are the tastiest :D

I don't tend to think of myself as any of the three above either, but I've spent my entire adult life and some of my teen years in search and rescue and public safety in various flavors, so now while I tend to focus on myself and mine, there's always a significant part of me that is watching out for the innocent or unaware. The deliberately ignorant or the cowardly predators get my contempt (not tying it back to your mountain lion analogy).

Top Bottom