• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My lady's parents live about a 100 yards away from us. He keeps a great garden during the spring/summer. Love the fresh veggies and fruits. My other neighbor is an a-hole that loves to work on his racecar or whatever the heck it is and rev the engine until all hours of the night. The air drill is apparently his favorite tool. Thankfully we have a nice treeline that separates us from him.

I have had Hot-Rods fast loud bikes and race cars my whole life.
    I always do what I can to respect my neighbors up to shutting the bikes off and coasting in if it is late.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On one side, they are rarely out. The temperature must be between 68*-72*. The other is only out when she leaves and arrives.

I have some like that - they even hire someone to replace the exterior light bulbs, including the one on the ground.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Been lucky to have my neighbors. West side neighbor is a couple who met each other working in a Grocery Store. My Wife and I met each other working in the same Grocery Store chain. We had same bosses, owners, co workers. They are great friends, never an issue. We have 2 sons, they don't have kids.
    Of course our sons help us and them maintain yards. They go out of town, we run the grass mower for the front yard, sometimes grab up their mail, try to help each other.
    They know I am retired LEO, always ask law questions/opinions, but are friendly and we split beverages often.

My Wife works for an insurance firm, and we both have similar policys for cars, house, and health. When we suffered a bad wind damage on our roof, they did as well. Had same adjuster, repair company, and split costs for dumpster. Was fixed in a couple days. No issues.

They have had a few pet dogs, mild mannered, even come over and lay down to sun on my backyard deck. I have never heard a bark at night. Neighbor guy likes motorcycles, we even took a couple trips to Wisconsin Dells, and Elkhart Lake M/C races. Great time spent. Girls drove the camping gear in our Dodge Caravan.

On East Side was a older couple. Husband put up a small privacy fence, also very nice folks. He passed away, Wife moved to her Daughters, and house is up for sale. They miss the grass cutting on occasion. My son and I give it a trim. Their Son In Law is a really nice guy, but has a lot on his plate.

He asked me to help get the furnace working, had a plugged pilot line with a speck of dirt. Took 15 minutes to fix and he offered to pay a service call. Didn't charge him a penney, his folks always were friendly.
    I felt a neighbor should help each other without charging. When cutting my yard he stopped over with 2 Dairy Queens Shakes for my son and me. Fair trade!
    Like my neighbors, won't trade them for anything.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Only met 1 of my neighbors so far since I just moved. Nice guy, talked to me about how he needs to cut some bushes off the side of his house and how he's got a dirtbike with a bad clutch...might see if he wants to do some labor trades lol. My other neighbor is a red fox...comes out of the woods at night to take a dump on my back porch...I don't like him...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Only met 1 of my neighbors so far since I just moved. Nice guy, talked to me about how he needs to cut some bushes off the side of his house and how he's got a dirtbike with a bad clutch...might see if he wants to do some labor trades lol. My other neighbor is a red fox...comes out of the woods at night to take a dump on my back porch...I don't like him...

He's daring you to do something about it.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    My one neighbor has a 59 galaxie and a 29 model A. On the other side of him that neighbor has 2 65 stangs and 3 model Ts. The sad part is one of the model Ts got rear ended about a month ago by a DB not paying attention plowing into the rear at 70 mph.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Just now found this thread, Ive had some real bums next door, but recently a very nice gal, petite and attractive, 19 yr old army reservist moved in. Very polite, friendly when I see her, but always quiet and overall a great neighbor. That said.... it is odd that there are no less than 5 different gentleman that visit her each week.... either that or one gentleman who has a different car every day of the week.....

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    No matter which idiots buy the farmhouse just down the road, they all get dogs that don't stay on their property, chase bicycles and cars and usually get caught coming down to my property……..they are like 250 yards down the road, and every time I go to back yard or go get the mail, all 5 of them start barking at me. This is not good for the dogs, if they knew me they would be hiding…..because its only a matter of time. Control your pets and keep them on your property or lose them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    No matter which idiots buy the farmhouse just down the road, they all get dogs that don't stay on their property, chase bicycles and cars and usually get caught coming down to my property……..they are like 250 yards down the road, and every time I go to back yard or go get the mail, all 5 of them start barking at me. This is not good for the dogs, if they knew me they would be hiding…..because its only a matter of time. Control your pets and keep them on your property or lose them.

SSS - That is all. Dogs can turn the best neighbors into the worst of neighbors. When they don't stay home, things tend to end badly.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The next door neighbors' kids come to our door several times every day saying "Our ball went over the fence and into your yard. Can we come and get it?" Ironically they didn't come to the door this morning saying "Our 38294 pieces of cardboard fireworks crap went over the fence and into your yard. Can we come and get them?"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The next door neighbors' kids come to our door several times every day saying "Our ball went over the fence and into your yard. Can we come and get it?" Ironically they didn't come to the door this morning saying "Our 38294 pieces of cardboard fireworks crap went over the fence and into your yard. Can we come and get them?"

Funny how that works (or doesn't work, as the case may be).

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    My neighbor to the east is a drunken fool who comes out in his undies on his front porch. The other day while replacing a wheel hub on my truck, he came up and was giving me advice on how to do it(CLOTHED, thankfully). Even though he never heard of a preassembled hub. I told him I was going to charge him if he wanted to watch. He laughed, I didn't.
    My neighbor to the west is a single mom who doesn't care for her place that daddy gave her. She constantly is bringing home men without jobs or cars and lets them watch her 7-8 year old girl. Her baby daddy was dealing out of the house. Current flavor of the week used to burn trash weekly instead of putting in the collection. No water hose, no pit. And would leave the house after lighting it. I put it out once, and called the fire dept the next time. Solved that issue.
    Across the street, I have no issues. Behind me, my neighbor runs out and watches everything I do. Everyday. Unfortunately, my fence is in a low spot. He can see into my yard unhindered. We hate our neighborhood. We want to move to the country.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update: Just saw the vampire neighbor to the east outside. :faint: He was running his trimmer. But I think he saw me, because about 60 seconds after I got within view of him, I looked over and he was gone and his garage door was going down. Bizarre.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    When I was in high school there was a young couple living next door to my parents. She still hung her clothes out on the line to dry and the more guys hanging in our yard the less she would wear. Her attire would get skimpier as she brought more loads out to hang. Never had the numbers to get her in less than a bikini. Sorry no pics.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    My neighbors are great. The lady next door from Boston cusses like a sailor and uses words and phrases that would make anyone blush. She is the gossip queen in the neighborhood but an extremely good cook as she likes to bring cakes and pies over all the time. I just wish she would wear a bra. Neighbor to the south is a fellow INGOer. Enough said.

:ingo:

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I only have 2 neighbors one I don't talk to a lot but is OK the other.......when we get together is a dangerous (not to anybody else) combination not only us but the wives. Most recent I remember my wife just getting up from the table outside and lying down in the grass. She said come get me in the morning I'm fine. We carried her in and put her to bed.

Top Bottom