• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't think any of us are changing our minds Joe based on this. It's a gaff, plain and simple. It was a dumb thing to say and it should have been obvious who heard the line when he was (obviously) preparing it. Words and their use are important, but no, this does not show a character flaw. To me, it's entertainment.

If the left were going to be consistent, they would claim that it betrays a deep seated belief that "others" are inherently inferior....but none of us think that's what it means.
    Frankly I dont see anything wrong with the way he said it

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No. This is the kind of BS I hate about our country and politics right now. The man was just making a point about being diverse. People who want to focus on specific words and make something of nothing need to get a life. This is exactly what the liberals are doing
    This is why you have people flipping the hell out over the most stupid things. Because they have no true factual arguements. So they try to win the game on a penalty call instead of skills.

Joe donnely sucks as a senator. Hes a lying politician who is his party leaderships *****. But I dont believe hes a racist. And I'm so tired of this issue . Let's beat him fair and square on his record as a senator. There is more than enough to talk about and prove. We dont need to sink to this level to beat him

Nah. We can talk about civility after the Republicans win the elections next week.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No. This is the kind of BS I hate about our country and politics right now. The man was just making a point about being diverse. People who want to focus on specific words and make something of nothing need to get a life. This is exactly what the liberals are doing
    This is why you have people flipping the hell out over the most stupid things. Because they have no true factual arguements. So they try to win the game on a penalty call instead of skills.

Joe donnely sucks as a senator. Hes a lying politician who is his party leaderships *****. But I dont believe hes a racist. And I'm so tired of this issue . Let's beat him fair and square on his record as a senator. There is more than enough to talk about and prove. We dont need to sink to this level to beat him

I agree with this ^^^.

I don't think any of us are changing our minds Joe based on this. It's a gaff, plain and simple. It was a dumb thing to say and it should have been obvious who heard the line when he was (obviously) preparing it. Words and their use are important, but no, this does not show a character flaw. To me, it's entertainment.

If the left were going to be consistent, they would claim that it betrays a deep seated belief that "others" are inherently inferior....but none of us think that's what it means.

Let us not forget though, the reason Donnelly is in the Senate at all is his opponent getting caught in a gaff that was set up as a trap. It was then exploited so heavily that even some of us smarter then that still believe it. Not to even mention, marginalizing this vote by rambling on about the "Republican's bad pick, last election." :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Reading it again I can see it could definitely be taken either way depending on what the person want it to say. I don’t think Donnelly was being malicious and was trying to promote diversity, but as a public figure he should choose his words wisely.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Reading it again I can see it could definitely be taken either way depending on what the person want it to say. I don’t think Donnelly was being malicious and was trying to promote diversity, but as a public figure he should choose his words wisely.

That's all I'm saying.

Frankly I dont see anything wrong with the way he said it

That's fine. We all know what he was getting at. The minor issue is that he tried to turn a phrase. As used, "but" implied that someone should be surprised that an Indian-American or African-American would do a great job. "And" would have been without issue. However, it seems clear to me that he was trying to imply that there are others out there who would be surprised that people of different ethnicities are competent, separating himself from those people. The problem is, there is no purple for the spoken word and he was not sarcastic enough. I frankly love it when the virtue signalling falls flat.

If someone were to say, for instance: "Barack Obama is an African-American, but he clean and articulate", don't you think that implies something beyond the compliment to the former president?

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He's an Indian-American, BUT he does a good job.
    She's an African-American, BUT she does a good job.

It's not about their religion or their race.

Which is a religion. Does the guy lay around in s sweat lodge and smoke peyote?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He's an Indian-American, BUT he does a good job.
    She's an African-American, BUT she does a good job.

It's not about their religion or their race.

Which is a religion. Does the guy lay around in s sweat lodge and smoke peyote?

Uh - different "Indian" I think. ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Of all the reasons to dislike Joe, THIS is one? :dunno:

Someone robs a bank kills two hostages, blows up the third floor, and you're worried that they took two suckers from the cashier's candy dish?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Someone robs a bank kills two hostages, blows up the third floor, and you're worried that they took two suckers from the cashier's candy dish?

No.

I think that it's amusing that he tried to show how progressive he was by clumsily stating that he employs people of other ethnicities. It's vaguely reminiscent of Mitt Romney and his binders and binders of women.

i just like it when the opposition says dumb stuff.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Left getting hoisted on their own invented petard.
    It's much ado about nothing but if they are going to use it as a bludgeon I believe it should be applied equally. (see above with hitlarys comments)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No.

I think that it's amusing that he tried to show how progressive he was by clumsily stating that he employs people of other ethnicities. It's vaguely reminiscent of Mitt Romney and his binders and binders of women.

Yeah, mostly this. :)

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Didn't Hilldebeast call a bunch of crippled kids at a Whitehouse egg hunt a "bunch of fxxxing retards" some years back? She seemed to gotten the golden pass for that.......FtD party.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's all I'm saying.

That's fine. We all know what he was getting at. The minor issue is that he tried to turn a phrase. As used, "but" implied that someone should be surprised that an Indian-American or African-American would do a great job. "And" would have been without issue. However, it seems clear to me that he was trying to imply that there are others out there who would be surprised that people of different ethnicities are competent, separating himself from those people. The problem is, there is no purple for the spoken word and he was not sarcastic enough. I frankly love it when the virtue signalling falls flat.

If someone were to say, for instance: "Barack Obama is an African-American, but he clean and articulate", don't you think that implies something beyond the compliment to the former president?
    Or it could just be someone pointing out that politicians in D.C. and in our cities have failed minorities, especialy blacks and Obama rose above that to become president so it's a success story of American proportions.

I dont like Barack Obama and I believe black community leaders have had a knowing and complicit role in holding their people down, but we have failed to properly educate urban youth especialy minorities in this country.
    And fir the record, no I dont consider Obama part of that minority group.

I'll add that once most people are educated and learn how to access and understand information and they work and earn for themselves they tend to be conservatives

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No.

I forgot about the binders... that does bring a smile to my face.

As for the debate...meh. Sounded like just another forgettable debate. Joe pretending to be conservative, Mike pretending he'll do a good job, Lucy telling us how weed can solve all our problems.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Didn't Hilldebeast call a bunch of crippled kids at a Whitehouse egg hunt a "bunch of fxxxing retards" some years back? She seemed to gotten the golden pass for that.......FtD party.

I have to wonder if all the super-predators look the same in her world...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sarah, respectfully what dogs do you have in the fight of "reproductive rights" and or "LGBTQ issues"?

Reproductive rights or the right to kill unborn humans is a mans best friend. Baseball, 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, Home Run is the goal of every male from adolescence to the grave. That sounds misogynistic, I know, that is why marriage is so important. I have been married for 35 years and have 5 children.

The play My Fair Lady has a song With a little bit of luck. In the song the men sing "With a little bit of luck you can have it all and not get caught. Once upon we had shotgun wedding. My dad taught my sisters about birth control. You take an aspirin and hold it between your knees. It is said that the only way my one sister ever got married was that she wouldn't "put out" until she had a ring on her finger. She has been married to a really good man for over 50 years.

So it is not the women who benefit from murdering babies it is the men who can continue to sow their wild oats with impunity.

If you are LGBTQ then abortion should not apply. If your concern for LGBTQ is simply altruistic, then it goes back to feelings. The biggest issue today since they can get a marriage license is pronouns, so do you feel that people should be compelled to use made up gender pronouns and accept more than two sexes. The little kid in Kindergarten Cop said it best. The problem is that the LGBTQ rights activists have made kindergarten into indoctrination centers.
    I guess people who don’t own guns have no dog in the 2a fight then, if that’s the logic you wish to use.

People get to believe in what they want, and prioritize their beliefs however they want. If that’s “feelings”, maybe you or I would assign a lower priority. But those are choices we get to make too. It’s fair to to make a convincing argument why your priorities might be useful for someone else too, but it is not one person’s prerogative to say another must be the same.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom