• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would much rather see thermal imaging utilized by drone surveillance as well as ground sensors. Anything questionable could be checked out by Border Patrol.
    They are using that and have been. The point is to delay them so that air and ground assets can get to that location or prevent them from entering all together without the need of other assets. Force the enemy into using other means which use standard border entry where other technology like dogs, scanners, human assets, ect are used.
    Proper walls work. We MUST protect our borders. This new wall yes its expenssive however it will pay for itself over the decades and be cheaper in the longrun.
    I cant believe liberratians are calling for building bridges and open borders. The constitution is clear when it comes to the govt protecting our nations security

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    IDK if Gary ever did but his running mate Bill Weld definitely did support Hillary.

Austin Petersen would have been much more qualified to be the LP nominee. He is young, embraces and understands social media, aggressively defends his views and eloquently attacks others. His only real knock is that when he speaks he tends to sound like he took a bunch of bumper sticker slogans and threw the ones that make sense together. What he is saying makes sense but the delivery is off which makes him appear like a fraud.

I may have voted for Peterson if he won the nomination. But he has more negative ms than delivery. He lacks experience and it shows. He should grow a beard and use White-on. His lack of experience is a big deal though. He would rely on a menu-driven application of ideology to make decisions as President, for much the same reasons he relies on mashed up bumper sticker talking points. Give him another 20 years of hard life, and maybe he could develop into a viable candidate.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So why did you ask me upthread why I had a problem with open borders? You thanked me for not being snarky, but honestly, the only reason I wasn't snarky was I was trying to determine if it was an honest question, as the answer to why open borders is a bad idea, I thought was obvious. Several people have expressed reasons why it's a bad idea, and you seem to agree, so I'm just curious why you questioned my concern with open borders. I will give you one specific answer; I don't like the reality of one political party importing enough 'constituents' to dominate the political landscape for the next several generations.
    Respectfully,
    Steve

I fully believe in enforcing the border but building the wall is idiotic and a waste of resources. You could utilize technology to be much more effective. The wall itself is nothing more than a jobs program and propaganda.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That's the funny thing about libertarianism, is that you'll never get them to all agree on a party platform.

I consider myself to be an L, but I'm for enforcing borders (so long as welfare exists), and paying people for their labor. I also believe that you can pick and choose who you provide labor to. If you're a bigot or a racist, then the market will sort that out.

If people want roads, they can pay for those as well.

Roads are lines of communication. They are a component of the National Defense Structure. Do you really think GENERAL Eisenhower started the Interstate system just for tourism?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This. Open borders are ridiculous so long as there are .gov benefits derived from taxes. Open borders today makes as much sense as not paying up front at the restaurant, but instead the restaurant collecting their costs from the back end (taxes). When that happens, you end up with what we have today; folks from McDonaldistand sneaking into Fogoland. They dont like cheeseburgers so they sneak across the border to go to eat steak. Meanwhile those of us that DO live in Fogoland see our taxes skyrocketing to cover all that extra steak that is being consumed.

FOGO :drool:

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    So why did you ask me upthread why I had a problem with open borders? You thanked me for not being snarky, but honestly, the only reason I wasn't snarky was I was trying to determine if it was an honest question, as the answer to why open borders is a bad idea, I thought was obvious. Several people have expressed reasons why it's a bad idea, and you seem to agree, so I'm just curious why you questioned my concern with open borders. I will give you one specific answer; I don't like the reality of one political party importing enough 'constituents' to dominate the political landscape for the next several generations.
    Respectfully,
    Steve

It absolutely was an honest question but not for the reasons you may think. A lot of times when it comes to long practiced policies I like to question why someone supports it.

I will often ask why people support drug legalization just to see if there is any actual logic behind it other than "drugs are bad".

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    That's fair enough, but having said that, do you have an opinion of the one specific answer I gave? "I will give you one specific answer; I don't like the reality of one political party importing enough 'constituents' to dominate the political landscape for the next several generations".

It absolutely was an honest question but not for the reasons you may think. A lot of times when it comes to long practiced policies I like to question why someone supports it.

I will often ask why people support drug legalization just to see if there is any actual logic behind it other than "drugs are bad".

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Here's the letter Donnely sent me after I asked him to vote to confirm Kavanaugh. Typical political dodge:

Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be a justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. As your Senator, I recognize that the constitutional responsibility to provide advice and consent on presidential nominees is one of my fundamental duties.

As you know, on June 27, 2018, Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement from the Supreme Court. On July 10, 2018, President Trump nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit to fill the vacancy created by Justice Kennedy’s retirement.

I have long said that the confirmation of a Supreme Court justice should not be taken lightly and deserves careful consideration and open debate. I believe that part of my job as a Senator is to thoroughly consider judicial nominations, and I took the same approach with Judge Kavanaugh as I have previously in reviewing other nominees for a Supreme Court vacancy.

On August 15, 2018, I was able to meet with Judge Kavanaugh to discuss his record, his experience working in the George W. Bush Administration and serving on the federal bench, and his views on the role of the Supreme Court. I also closely watched his confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee. On October 6, 2018, the Senate, without my support, confirmed Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court by a vote of 50 to 48.

The nomination for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court is often a challenging one. That was true when President Trump nominated Neil Gorsuch, whom I supported. It was also true this year with Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation process, which included significant partisanship and anger. Now that the Senate has confirmed Judge Kavanaugh, I am hopeful he will join the other Supreme Court justices in making decisions based on the Constitution, our laws, and their collective wisdom. I believe our country needs that today more than ever.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter, or visit my website. Please note when contacting my Senate office that I am only able to respond to questions or concerns related to official Senate business. As such, this letter addresses the issues you raised, which relate to my work in the United States Senate.
    Hey, that's the identical form letter email i received yesterday. I replied that I wish him well in his upcoming civilian life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would much rather see thermal imaging utilized by drone surveillance as well as ground sensors. Anything questionable could be checked out by Border Patrol.

I would rather see T100 automated twin mini guns.

And no I did not use or intend purple.

I am not xenophobic, I am a realist. If people risked the threat of imminent death they would not attempt the crossing. If people want to come to the US let them do It legally!

The plaque on the Statue of Liberty has more force of law (to liberals) than the US Constitution.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Okay a point of annoyance. Why do I keep getting old quotes when I reply to a quote? I have to keep going back and editing them out.

Once upon a time the multi quotes would only post in your post once. There have been some problems with the aging system. This is one of them. I am sure that it is not TexKev's (the owner to whom we pledge fealty) fault. He has poured a lot of money into INGO to keep it going, for which I am appreciative.

Now to address your problem.

What I have done is to train myself that as soon as I post a multi quote I click on the back button and remove the check marks.

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by blue falcon

Did we lose our Libertarian friend?

The back button is the small icon at the end of the user button. This will stop them from recurring in future posts.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    That's fair enough, but having said that, do you have an opinion of the one specific answer I gave? "I will give you one specific answer; I don't like the reality of one political party importing enough 'constituents' to dominate the political landscape for the next several generations".

End the welfare programs and get rid of the income tax system. Shove the tax burden to a consumption based system and the illegal immigrants are no longer an issue as they will be paying taxes without receiving anything in return. We then won't have to spend a ton of money for a mechanism to track, arrest, detain and deport them year after year.

Also, I don't know that it has ever actually been proven that immigrants vote for Democrats anymore than Republicans.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Once upon a time the multi quotes would only post in your post once. There have been some problems with the aging system. This is one of them. I am sure that it is not TexKev's (the owner to whom we pledge fealty) fault. He has poured a lot of money into INGO to keep it going, for which I am appreciative.

Now to address your problem.

What I have done is to train myself that as soon as I post a multi quote I click on the back button and remove the check marks.

The back button is the small icon at the end of the user button. This will stop them from recurring in future posts.

I've also found that if I get out of the thread altogether and come back my mult-quotes go away.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Roads are lines of communication. They are a component of the National Defense Structure. Do you really think GENERAL Eisenhower started the Interstate system just for tourism?

Nope! He wanted us to drag race! That is why it was mandated that there were long, straight sections every so many miles. Duh!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I just saw the commercial in which Donnelly tries to run as a Republican. Says he stands against leftists. Supports ICE. Quotes Reagan. Voted for Trump's wall.

Doesn't mention his party affiliation AT ALL.

Kinda bizarre.

Top Bottom