• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Where is the Constitution does it state that a police officer has the right to question a citizen for carrying a can of soda in his pocket? Please show me...

Way to dodge the question. I can ask anyone any question I want to, just like you can ask any question you want to. Freedom of Speech. That citizen has the right to not answer my question.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Are you serious? Still, we're paranoid? GO WATCH THE VIDEO. The cop ended the man's cognitive life and tried to cover it up. I didn't suggest stupidly shooting a cop. I suggested defending your brain from ANY piece of **** who charges at you, intending to put you in a coma and cover up the crime like a sub-human dirtbag not worthy of air. It says a lot about you and your kind that you defend this beast. I'm not paranoid, you're just a blind follower.

No, I save my yipping and barking for those who need it, like policy makers and those who make the decisions. Running from the police when one has done NOTHING wrong is idiocy. Why provoke the body politic enforcement when one has done nothing wrong? Paranoia meet common sense.

Sorry, but if I am a sheep b/c I want to enact change in the .gov to get rid of crap laws, then baaaaaaaaaaaa. If I am a sheep for clearing my image due to mistaken identity without going into a coma and becoming a poster child for stupidity, then baaaaaaaaaaa. If I am against those who did not review the facts and follow blindly what they see in 2 seconds of video to make their paranoid delusions of persecution flourish, then baaaaaaa.

Did the guy deseve it? No, but his actions (the runner's) were stupid. Why provoke the dog by sticking your finger through the fence? The deputy's actions were grossly overpowered for the situation, but let's look at a few things:
    1. Guy was runnning.
    2. How could the officer judge where the idiot's head was going to land?
    3. A good shove would take a runner down (who was pretty much a strong suspect in their minds due to mistaken ID). Don't want to be shoved, then don't run when you have done nothing wrong.

If you stand, they find you are not the right person, they AREN'T going to waterboard you or whatever persecutory delusion dujour.

Something some might want to get checked for:
    Persecutory delusions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Not true. Your interpretation of the document maybe. Mine, not soo much. If you truley think that shooting a police officer is a better option than talking to them and straightening out the confusion, then YES I STRONGLY BELIEVE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM!

There is nothing to interpret. You ought to take the time to read the document you swore an Oath to protect. It's obvious you haven't done so.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There is only one way to read that, unless you're a word-twisting, freedom-hating cop who tries to cover up breaking someone's neck.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    that aint what he said...

This is going to be my new mentality. You can either let these idiots ram your head into a wall and turn you into a hospitalized vegetable or you can draw, defend yourself, and die or go to jail. There is no difference, except defending yourself might weed out a couple Nazis.

Please tell me what draw, defend yourself, and die means then. Oh and the added bonus of taking out a couple of nazis. Since when did killing police officers become a bonus? People on this forum have some really jacked up views.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have not seen any officer's defend the actions of this officer, unlike what a few comments would make someone believe. This situation, while extremely sad and unfortunate, was an accident. What does that mean exactly? Criminal charges. Loss of career. Civil lawsuit against the individual officer. Some jail time (similar to the amount of jail time the lady that ran over the Greenfield Officer received as this was also an accident). I have not heard anyone say that the officer intentionally put this guy in a vegetative state but there is still a price to be paid.

As for the rest of us in the LE community, we need to train ourselves to be able to keep our anger in check at all times. We also need to help keep our coworkers in line as best we can. You will never see me defend the actions of an officer who is in the wrong, and that statement stands for 99% of all LEO's that I know.

Does that include posting on an Internet message board as well? It would be comical reading the authoritarian coming out of some of the leos here if I could believe they could keep all interactions with citizens professional and not personal. If they can't do it here, then it's hard to believe they can do it on the job.

I've said before that I believe that the officer had no intention of causing a brain injury with that shove. But he knew he screwed up because he moved his body. Telling the paramedic he fell shows he knew hescrewed up but that's he said, she said. Is there a copy of the officer's statement in the police report as to what happened? If he stated in the report that he fell, then there should be no less than immediate termination and criminal charges.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Way to dodge the question. I can ask anyone any question I want to, just like you can ask any question you want to. Freedom of Speech. That citizen has the right to not answer my question.

IMO you shouldn't have the right to freedom of speech.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    There is nothing to interpret. You ought to take the time to read the document you swore an Oath to protect. It's obvious you haven't done so.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There is only one way to read that, unless you're a word-twisting, freedom-hating cop who tries to cover up breaking someone's neck.

I am a very pro 2nd ammendment individual, however I have no respect for someone who would rather gun down a police officer than go through the proper channels.

Oh and the State of Indiana and the SCOTUS disagree with you.

LOL.....:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

I'm out of this thread............

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Why provoke the dog by sticking your finger through the fence?

The dogs aren't chained up behind a fence. They are running the show. They've pissed on every street corner, claiming it as theirs. They prowl the streets in packs, doing whatever they want to whoever they want and they get away with it, because people like you say "Just don't provoke the dog." :noway:

Running for your life isn't provocation and I can't believe you would even make that argument. You're extremely skewed if you truly believe that.

I'm saying we should put the rabid dogs down and your great advice is "don't stick your finger through the fence at them"? Great way to protect and serve...yourselves.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    you have a badge.. you dont have to worry about this...

I don't have a badge and if you are referring to the avatar, I have chosen to replace my chiky-poo avatars in support of Officer Moore's family. The irreverent vulgarianism by some is astounding. :noway:

[/quote]the question wasnt about farts but what good does it do to complain on a cop??? does it actually do any good??? does it ever get the cop suspended??? does it keep him from getting promoted??? or does it just mark you for payback???[/quote]

Why provoke the police when you have done nothing wrong? Everyone is out for justice. But if nothing is done wrong, on either side, then there is nothing to "prosecute". Are you wanting to be injured so you can pursue "evil" to the ends of the earth. Heck of an axe to grind, that's all I am saying.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Unfortunately, we will never know why he ran. Could it be that he felt he could just outrun the officer and avoid who knows how long he would be detained?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Running for your life isn't provocation and I can't believe you would even make that argument. You're extremely skewed if you truly believe that.

I just still don't understand why someone would run for their life if they have done NOTHING wrong! I was mistaken once on campus, the officer asked me to keep my hands in the open, looked at my ID, then apologized, went on his way. No shoves, no cuffs, nothing. I think we really take what we are given and run with it, instead of calmly looking at details.

Given some of the other posts regarding drawing and firing, WHAT is wrong with you? You shoot a cop, you think the others are going to say, oh, okay, you're the wrong guy? No, they are going to shove a Gold Dot through your head. Then instead of a dead patriot who defended himself, we have a dead criminal. :noway: Fight the good fight, don't fight arbitrarily... That's what idiots who go wacko and shoot up schools/congresscritters do, not ardent patriots!

If you can give me a LEGITIMATE reason to fire or run from a cop when I have done nothing wrong, then I will back down and consider myself overopinionated, even public apology from me personally and online this forum. But I have yet to see one based in reason and logic FOR THIS CASE and even others. Actually, NO explanation yet...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just still don't understand why someone would run for their life if they have done NOTHING wrong!

DH, if you saw large men dressed in black like yobs run toward you, would you run?

If you saw large men dressed like Barney Fife in what is obviously police uniforms with blue unifrom, hat, Sam Brownes, would you stop?

These guys look like cops:

I know it's cool to be "intimidating" and be all "tactical" and ninjy. And, yes, Gall's has black gear on sale every month, but part of the problem with this case, if not the underlying motive, is that the victim did not realize cops were chasing him so he had to be "taught a lesson".

There's a reason Barney Fife was dressed the way he was. To give people notice that he was a cop.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Kirk, I do agree, personally, I would love to see cops in their "proper" uniforms. That's why I tried out for them! Love the old uniform and is a reminder of peace officer rather than law enforcer.

But even the new uniforms, jacketed or not, have identifying marks on them indicating they are police. I honestly cannot believe that people are THAT daft to not notice it.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

Not a valid arguement, prepare for itemized list of reasons why:
    1. Man shot was not involved in raid/situation.
    2. Was negligence, don't worry, he will get his loot.
    3. Man shot was NOT targeted by police.
    4. Man shot was most likely not being accosted by police, no reason to run or shoot back.
    5. Man, if armed (stupid New York laws) and fired back, would have been immediantly killed, no doubt.

If the man was shot because he was mistaken for someone else, then you would have potentially something to rant about. But not even close to the situation described before. It's like saying you would open fire on a cop because he accidentally hit your car due to ice. :rolleyes:

Training issue, yes. But not valid based on the situation described like the Seattle situation. Not a valid comparison or reason to shoot/run from a cop when you have done nothing wrong. Next...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please tell me what draw, defend yourself, and die means then. Oh and the added bonus of taking out a couple of nazis. Since when did killing police officers become a bonus? People on this forum have some really jacked up views.

Makes ya wonder doesn't it. But thankfully, I believe he is in the minority.

It's a tragic accident definitely. The officer was overzealous, and the victim didn't help himself by running. I think it would be difficult to say that victim believed that the officers were "fake" or "wannabes" because there were two officers visible in the video, and it was public place. Common senses says that they are legit. Now a football tackle, a guy into a wall, is totally unnecessary, as it did not appear that the kid was in a full sprint to avoid police. Had he been running full speed, in an attempt to evade the officers, my opinion about this situation would be changed. But it looked like the kid was kinda startled.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Makes ya wonder doesn't it. But thankfully, I believe he is in the minority.

It's a tragic accident definitely. The officer was overzealous, and the victim didn't help himself by running. I think it would be difficult to say that victim believed that the officers were "fake" or "wannabes" because there were two officers visible in the video, and it was public place. Common senses says that they are legit. Now a football tackle, a guy into a wall, is totally unnecessary, as it did not appear that the kid was in a full sprint to avoid police. Had he been running full speed, in an attempt to evade the officers, my opinion about this situation would be changed. But it looked like the kid was kinda startled.

And what is going to happen about the officer's cover up? My guess is exactly nothing. His boss is justifying his actions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And what is going to happen about the officer's cover up? My guess is exactly nothing. His boss is justifying his actions.

What cover up, it's only mentioned in passing. There are no details that address that as a legitimate claim.

Top Bottom