• ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Most of the time it is.
    I would argue the Story below is not about Paranoia, but about being poorly informed of the consequences of life... :dunno:
    I once had a case where a girl (adult) had gotten into a fight with her mother, and both of them injuries. I spoke to the mother, and she told me everything her daughter did, and placed the blame squarely on her. I then tried to speak to the daughter. She told me "I've been told never to talk to the police." I told her sincerely that it was honestly in her best interest to tell me what happened. Then she "lawyered up."
    Now, if the daughter had of told me what happened, I would have separated them both, let them go home, and send up to PCs to the pros office (knowing full well that charges wouldnt be filed...it would be chalked up as mutual combat).
    Well since the daughter held firm to her notion not to talk to police. I had to arrest her. And so away to jail she went.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not true. Your interpretation of the document maybe. Mine, not soo much. If you truley think that shooting a police officer is a better option than talking to them and straightening out the confusion, then YES I STRONGLY BELIEVE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM!

Everyone has the right to carry a firearm. Even those you don't like or trust, and those you see as unstable, and those who hate cops.

Period.

If you don't believe in that, then you don't believe in the Bill of Rights. You believe in the Bill of Revocable Privileges.

Last edited:

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Everyone has the right to carry a firearm. Even those you don't like or trust, and those you see as unstable, and those who hate cops.

Period.

If you don't believe in that, then you don't believe in the Bill of Rights. You believe in the Bill of Revocable Privileges.

Thanks for clarifying and telling me what I believe in!! :yesway:

Good thing that SCOTUS and the State of Indiana agree with me!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thanks for clarifying and telling me what I believe in!! :yesway:

Good thing that SCOTUS and the State of Indiana agree with me!

Government employees typically want rights to instead be privileges, particularly those rights that may someday be exercised against them.

What and who the courts agree with in this regard makes no difference to me. It doesn't change the fact that you, and they, believe in the Bill of Revocable Priveleges.

Prove me wrong if you can. But we both know I'm right.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Government employees typically want rights to instead be privileges, particularly those rights that may someday be exercised against them.

What and who the courts agree with in this regard makes no difference to me. It doesn't change the fact that you, and they, believe in the Bill of Revocable Priveleges.

Prove me wrong if you can. But we both know I'm right.

Care to tell me what else I believe in:

Bigfoot?
    UFO?
    Loch ness?
    :):

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Care to tell me what else I believe in:

Bigfoot?
    UFO?
    Loch ness?
    :):

Nice proof.

Tell me which of these you disagree with, for starters:

1) license requirements to carry a handgun.
    2) convicted felons losing their right to keep and bear arms.
    3) people who slap their wives losing their right to keep and bear arms.
    4) people subject to a DV restraining order losing their right to keep and bear arms.
    5) people who smoke weed losing their right to keep and bear arms.
    6) people who post on the internet things that you don't like losing their right to keep and bear arms.

You've already stated in a prior post that somebody should lose his right to keep and bear arms based solely on an internet post. In fact, you said as far as you're concerned he doesn't have that right at all.

It's obvious what you believe. You believe in the Bill of Revocable Privileges. You'd be far happier if the 2nd Amendment said "...the right of the people of acceptable character to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, except in whatever manner the legislature and/or courts deem appropriate."

If a right can be taken away, it's not a right. It's a privilege.

You just don't want to admit it.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I missed the part about someone defending the officer on this. Could you point it out to me? I think the word "accident" has been used but not "justified/guy deserved it."

Sure could. :)

The guy ran, the deputy was in the wrong for shoving him as hard as he did, However, if someone ran from me for 2 blocks and then turned to face me he would have been going to the ground too.

Newsflash, running from the police is illegal. Hopefully you would teach your wife/son/daughter that running from the police is illegal, although I doubt it because the common sense factor seems to be missing from your gene pool.:n00b:

What about the 2 1/2 blocks they CHASED him? The guy was a retard, pure and simple. What if the nitwit got in a car or cab? Lead the cops on an even longer chase? There is a difference between licking boot and doing something simple (like cooperating) to stay from getting shot or becoming a tackle sled.

He didn't deserve to get tackled for mistaken identity, but running? What did he have to hide? Please.... :rolleyes:

Running from the police when one has done NOTHING wrong is idiocy. Why provoke the body politic enforcement when one has done nothing wrong? Paranoia meet common sense.

Did the guy deseve it? No, but his actions (the runner's) were stupid. Why provoke the dog by sticking your finger through the fence? The deputy's actions were grossly overpowered for the situation, but let's look at a few things:
    1. Guy was runnning.
    2. How could the officer judge where the idiot's head was going to land?
    3. A good shove would take a runner down (who was pretty much a strong suspect in their minds due to mistaken ID). Don't want to be shoved, then don't run when you have done nothing wrong.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Sure could. :)

Nope, start reading the words. End up on the ground? Yes. That's where you end up when you run. I haven't been taught to give someone a big hug when I catch them. Follow the advice that you shared about having a LEO read the Constitution and read the words, not make the words mean what you want them to.

No one said the officer should have put the guys head through the wall. No one said that amount of force was necessary. No one said the guy had a traumatic brain injury coming. Keep trying but at least try to base your hatred of LE on facts.

The 2 comments that you quoted that would seem to get closest to your goal both had statements indicating what I wrote. 1st quote: the deputy was in the wrong for shoving him as hard as he did. 4th quote: Did the guy deseve it? No. Attacking your gene pool was out of line but it only follows your lead on the attacks. One more time: read the words.

Last edited:

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I'm not saying you or any other officer can't speak your mind here. I just think it's telling when you see people posting with an authoritarian bent.

I've not seen if this officer has received so much as a reprimand. Are there any links that say what if any discipline this officer has received?

I agree that it's telling when someone posts with an authoritative bend. I've been told that the public are LE's "masters". That LE should be fired for mistreating those "above" them. I treat people with respect on here and in my professional and personal life. I don't take kindly to being talked down to, though. Is referring to LE as JBT's authoritative? Especially when it comes from someone who has never had any kind of run-in with police? I'm not discounting any LEO's posts here but the authoritative bend definitely goes both ways.

I also have not seen any articles on discipline. All I am entitled to is my opinion on what should happen, just like everyone else on this board.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok, running from cops is a bad idea, but if I'm walking down the street and all of a sudden two guys about my size start yelling at me, I'm gonna take off. if they say they're 5-0, I'll stop, but I'll need to see a badge before they touch me.

unless they decide to throw me into a wall. that video reminded me of the footage of the Luge-er that died in the 2010 winter Olympics. how he hit and then just stopped. I can't believe the cop manhandled him like that with a neck injury either. (legitimate question, not sarcastic:) are LEO's taught basic first aid like that? my first instinct would be to leave him in place, and moving him around is about half responsible for how bad his condition is now.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You can scream about that 4 million dollars all you want. Officers have to buy their own uniforms on IMPD.

Benefits

Lots of people have to buy their own uniforms. I wonder if lots of people also make $58,000 a year + a company car with paid gas + another $1,000 for a four year degree + over-time pay + off-duty pay? Does IMPD still offer their uniform allowance? If so, is that included into the listed pay, or is it an addition amount that officers get?

I personally would rather have a polo style shirt, with badges and patches sewn on. I would like some of those pants with side pockets as well. And I do like boots, especially those with thick rubber soles to help with walking through puddles and snow.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Benefits

Lots of people have to buy their own uniforms. I wonder if lots of people also make $58,000 a year + a company car with paid gas + another $1,000 for a four year degree + over-time pay + off-duty pay? Does IMPD still offer their uniform allowance? If so, is that included into the listed pay, or is it an addition amount that officers get?

I personally would rather have a polo style shirt, with badges and patches sewn on. I would like some of those pants with side pockets as well. And I do like boots, especially those with thick rubber soles to help with walking through puddles and snow.

Don't take my point out of context. I was not complaining about the fact that we have to buy our own uniforms. My point was that since we have to buy our own uniforms we should not be forced to purchase overpriced, uncomfortable, impractical junk uniforms which don't last because some people feel our officers need to look like Andy Griffith.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom