• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    It's amazing to me we can't all just agree that body slamming someone into a concrete wall is just wrong NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE.:n00b: And if we do, then this officer should pay for his crime of at least assualt.

I must have not been clear, I do agree that body slamming someone into a wall is wrong, unless there is some exigent circumstances(like self preservation)

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    They MUST start weeding out the bad apples, and stop standing up for each other when it is overwhelmingly apparent an officer is wrong and over stepped their authority.

fh---how often do you ever see a cop say another cop wen too far???

if they do,,,they keep it behind closed doors and not in public...they call it the ---brotherhood---for a reason...

this case is real obviously bad,,,but some still stand up for the cops... if that case were in indiana,,,there would be no 10 mill payout... that family might not see a penny...

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Well I think I've said all I need to say here. I've made my opinion/reasoning clear. I know LE at times has a VERY difficult job to do, and as I said they do their job well. No need to beat a dead horse.

While I feel very sorry about the guy and his family, I just look at that video and thank God it wasn't MY son. He just turned 19 and I'd hate to think of him lying in a bed with brain damage caused by an overreacting, poorly trained IMO, police officer for absolutly no reason. His whole life ruined.:( If you could call what he would have... life.

Guess it became kind of personal to me.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Well I think I've said all I need to say here. I've made my opinion/reasoning clear. I know LE at times has a VERY difficult job to do, and as I said they do their job well. No need to beat a dead horse.

While I feel very sorry about the guy and his family, I just look at that video and thank God it wasn't MY son. He just turned 19 and I'd hate to think of him lying in a bed with brain damage caused by an overreacting, poorly trained IMO, police officer for absolutly no reason. His whole life ruined.:( If you could call what he would have... life.

Understable, I feel very sorry for the guy and his family as well.:ingo::patriot:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

if we all treated every victim of police abuse like it was kin,,,we wouldnt be in these problems... since it only strikes on family at a time,,,they can slowly keep turning up the heat on us little frogs in the pot on the stove...

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I have not seen any officer's defend the actions of this officer, unlike what a few comments would make someone believe. This situation, while extremely sad and unfortunate, was an accident. What does that mean exactly? Criminal charges. Loss of career. Civil lawsuit against the individual officer. Some jail time (similar to the amount of jail time the lady that ran over the Greenfield Officer received as this was also an accident). I have not heard anyone say that the officer intentionally put this guy in a vegetative state but there is still a price to be paid.

As for the rest of us in the LE community, we need to train ourselves to be able to keep our anger in check at all times. We also need to help keep our coworkers in line as best we can. You will never see me defend the actions of an officer who is in the wrong, and that statement stands for 99% of all LEO's that I know.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    As for the rest of us in the LE community, we need to train ourselves to be able to keep our anger in check at all times.

sir,,,maybe your Joe Friday,,,totally professional and cool,,,but with all due respect,,,are you serious??? ive NEVER seen it where a cop got disagreed with or told to leave someone alone,,,where the cop didnt take it up two levels,,,RIGHT NOW!!!!

they go to tasers or takedowns ---fast--- just over someone disagreeing with them or talking back to them... those takedowns they do are designed to do permanent damage... they drive the face right into the ground... with a knee to the spine or back of the neck,,, and they say got to go up one on the force chart because of verbal noncompliance,,,and the department doesnt do a thing to the cop,,,

that aint keeping a temper in check,,,

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    When I watched the video I saw a male, who was on foot, and running from the police get shoved. I did not see a female being pulled over and assualted.

Newsflash, running from the police is illegal. Hopefully you would teach your wife/son/daughter that running from the police is illegal, although I doubt it because the common sense factor seems to be missing from your gene pool.:n00b:

Running from the police is illegal, huh? Even if you're innocent? Well...I guess us innocent males will just need to begin standing our ground then. I'm innocent, anyone charging at me is then guilty of attempted assault and I'm going to defend myself. This is going to be my new mentality. You can either let these idiots ram your head into a wall and turn you into a hospitalized vegetable or you can draw, defend yourself, and die or go to jail. There is no difference, except defending yourself might weed out a couple Nazis.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    does that ever do anything??? isnt like some cops being asked to find that their buddy did something wrong???

Yeah, it would keep me from being in a coma? How does it feel to constantly be scared of every fart in the dark? I honestly could not live like that and no person with any common sense could live like that, or at least without heart problems or high blood pressure.

If I did nothing wrong and I do not make a scene (or shoot a cop as someone here STUPIDLY suggested), then why would I have any issues? GAWD, some of you are paranoid to the max. Whatever you guys are on, cut the dose...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Shooting someone 4 times, twice in the face, once in the chest, and once in the leg in a cold blooded cowardly ambush does not even come close to comparing. The guy ran, the deputy was in the wrong for shoving him as hard as he did, However, if someone ran from me for 2 blocks and then turned to face me he would have been going to the ground too. Look at the totality of the circumstances, not just the 2 seconds on the video. Tragic, and we can all agree that mistakes were made on both sides.

Common sense! :D

The event sucks, but everyone is staring at the video thinking it's the only event that occurred before said slamming. What about the 2 1/2 blocks they CHASED him? The guy was a retard, pure and simple. What if the nitwit got in a car or cab? Lead the cops on an even longer chase? There is a difference between licking boot and doing something simple (like cooperating) to stay from getting shot or becoming a tackle sled.

He didn't deserve to get tackled for mistaken identity, but running? What did he have to hide? Please.... :rolleyes:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Running from the police is illegal, huh? Even if you're innocent? Well...I guess us innocent males will just need to begin standing our ground then. I'm innocent, anyone charging at me is then guilty of attempted assault and I'm going to defend myself. This is going to be my new mentality. You can either let these idiots ram your head into a wall and turn you into a hospitalized vegetable or you can draw, defend yourself, and die or go to jail. There is no difference, except defending yourself might weed out a couple Nazis.

:+1:

this has to be the best post ive ever seen...

please let my rep reset...

america is about---no it is--- at the point where a cop can force anyone to lie face down on the ground for no reason at all... if they dont like it,,,take them down for ---officer safety and secure the scene,,,and nothing will happen since everyone wants to protect officer safety... america is about at the point where talking about the constitution and putting freedom ideas in peoples heads is going to do them more harm than good... when people stand up for their freedom,,,it doesnt go well for them... if a person is ever found to have been abused by the cops,,,its after a lot of pain and a court case... on the scene in the street,,,you got just about no freedom to stand your ground against a cop and say no...dont matter whether your right or not... like those guys with the OC rally at city market a few months back,,,totally right,,,but totally ending up answering to the police...

its like the agents in the matrix,,,anyone who ever stood their ground against them ended up dead...

its probably best for your safety in this country if you think of everything as a privilege...

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Yeah, it would keep me from being in a coma? How does it feel to constantly be scared of every fart in the dark? I honestly could not live like that and no person with any common sense could live like that, or at least without heart problems or high blood pressure.

If I did nothing wrong and I do not make a scene (or shoot a cop as someone here STUPIDLY suggested), then why would I have any issues? GAWD, some of you are paranoid to the max. Whatever you guys are on, cut the dose...

Are you serious? Still, we're paranoid? GO WATCH THE VIDEO. The cop ended the man's cognitive life and tried to cover it up. I didn't suggest stupidly shooting a cop. I suggested defending your brain from ANY piece of **** who charges at you, intending to put you in a coma and cover up the crime like a sub-human dirtbag not worthy of air. It says a lot about you and your kind that you defend this beast. I'm not paranoid, you're just a blind follower.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    :n00b:

I am deeply disturbed at the fact that you would rather draw your weapon and shoot a police officer as opposed to clearing your name and explaining the mix up. IMO you have no right to carry a gun then, drawing your firearm should be your last resort, not a twisted way of taking out "Nazis". You sir, give a bad rap to all responsible gun owners by making statements like that. And many on this board wonder why some LEO are anti-gun, its because of statements like that. Oh and good luck proving attempted assault in the state of Indiana:n00b:

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    :+1:

this has to be the best post ive ever seen...

please let my rep reset...

america is about---no it is--- at the point where a cop can force anyone to lie face down on the ground for no reason at all... if they dont like it,,,take them down for ---officer safety and secure the scene,,,and nothing will happen since everyone wants to protect officer safety... america is about at the point where talking about the constitution and putting freedom ideas in peoples heads is going to do them more harm than good... when people stand up for their freedom,,,it doesnt go well for them... if a person is ever found to have been abused by the cops,,,its after a lot of pain and a court case... on the scene in the street,,,you got just about no freedom to stand your ground against a cop and say no...dont matter whether your right or not... like those guys with the OC rally at city market a few months back,,,totally right,,,but totally ending up answering to the police...

its like the agents in the matrix,,,anyone who ever stood their ground against them ended up dead...

its probably best for your safety in this country if you think of everything as a privilege...

Where in the constitution does it state that you have a right to shoot a police officer, who is a human being believe it or not, for wanting to talk to you and figure out what is going on? Please show me.....

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

you have a badge.. you dont have to worry about this...

the question wasnt about farts but what good does it do to complain on a cop??? does it actually do any good??? does it ever get the cop suspended??? does it keep him from getting promoted??? or does it just mark you for payback???

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Where in the constitution does it state that you have a right to shoot a police officer, who is a human being believe it or not, for wanting to talk to you and figure out what is going on? Please show me.....

Where is the Constitution does it state that a police officer has the right to question a citizen for carrying a can of soda in his pocket? Please show me...

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Now I know you're a cop, and not just a troll.

By the way, the document you swore an Oath to protect disagrees with your OPINIONS.

Not true. Your interpretation of the document maybe. Mine, not soo much. If you truley think that shooting a police officer is a better option than talking to them and straightening out the confusion, then YES I STRONGLY BELIEVE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM!

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Not true. Your interpretation of the document maybe. Mine, not soo much. If you truley think that shooting a police officer is a better option than talking to them and straightening out the confusion, then YES I STRONGLY BELIEVE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM!

that aint what he said...

Top Bottom